thebomblu's Avatar Junior Member

On the importance of Individuality

From what I can gather BG&E2 will require us the players to create our own character, I also assume (I have a feeling this was cinfirmed by Mr. Ancel, too) we'll be able to select what Hybrid-Mix we are, body build, etc. These are elements seen in many RPGs, but one element always seems to be lacking, and it's something I'd absolutely LOVE to see in BG&E2.

I would really like to have the option to chose my characters' name, and have all the NPCs call me (audio) by that name too!

It's something that was done in Fallout 4 I believe, and Fable 2 also allowed you to select your 'title' and people would refer to you by that name. Whereas other RPGs like Skyrim or Mass Effect would call you by the 'default' title; in this case Dragonborn or Ryder (surname).

I think it would be awesome to have the ability to have a very deep list of names or titles to chose from. Furthermore, the larger your ship and crew become, it'd be great if people would also start adding adjectives to describe their perception of you.

Say you call your character Manray, and you spend most of the game stealing and murdering anyone that stands in your way. Wherever you travel in the worlds, people will begin to call you Manray the Butcher, or the Feared Manray. I think this element could work well with the Karma system discussed in previous posts!
     1 people found this helpful

hey guys check this idea , i saw knoxs using jet pack to fly it would be great if they can make knoxs pose like superman i mean like one hand in the air when he is flying .

thebomblu's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Lyogron Go to original post
    They even did that in Lionhead's Black & White back in the day. Application is very limited however (I think that in Fallout 4, it's only done by a mechanical/robot voice without much of a cadence to it?).

The traditional 'way out' is to have a substitute name/surname or rank that "the player" can be called (That's "Commander Shepard" in the Mass Effect series, "Hawke" in Dragon Age 2, etc. Pretty sure they'll have something like that in the game!
    I'd be sad if you could just murder your way through the game though (without at the very least intrinsically being punished for that). It just wouldn't be Beyond Good & Evil at all.
    I used butchering your way to victory as an example, I'd definitely want to run through a LOT of police opposition if I decide to do so

With regards to the naming system, yes i'm sure there would be a name for the character, maybe whatever Hybrid you create will always be called Knox. Though I think something a'la Fallout 4 character naming fleshed out through most of the NPC's rather than being limited to the robo-butler would be awe-some! With a game of this magnitude, one can dream

Yeah, someone mentioned karma system. It totally works, cuz It was said you start as nobody to a LEGENDARY pirate. And It is depend on your choices what king of reputation has.. Well, in SW KOTOR you go to dark or light side like good OR bad. In mass effect there are two meters which not ecxactly opposites one is paragon other whatever.
    Basically by deeds you can increase the violent meter or kind heart meter rude meter whatever else not necessarily like this and NPCs react accordingly based on their character. So the karma meters even if opposites type you do shall be differentiated you did more goods than bad and not balanced that you are now in gray zone in the meter. You can say the way you act give of an air of impression which does not mean you can't act accordingly to different characters . I guess.
    There are the 4 basic personaility traits i've heard of the melancolic, flegmatic, and the inner and exo stuff which i dont remember. Read there are about 42 type of emotions... Whatever...

But again, that was an idea to the karma thingy at the begining of the post, what I am actually curious is how is the interaction with NPCs work. We already have a grand scale explorable universe with planets and every planet I suppose more than one city. And every city a lot of people. And here we are. Among them whom can we recruit to the crew? Is it random or predetermined like in for example fallout 3-4 or others where there are recruitable characters.
    Yeah, so we can add ideas but even with that predetermined grand scale world there are limits. But what are the limits? I can say then you may recruit anybody on any city if conditions are met. Well, there are terrabyte HARD DICS so maybe? In the demo video there was not city tour so we don't know what we can expect .

Like random personality generator which only creates that one if you actually interact with that one. And why, cuz
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27762088
    Here we go,, an AI already passed the turing test. What would be more awesome than go to a random NPC or maybe a main NPC and have a conversation based on the character personality and background by typing. Well, I don't expect sounds that would be another issue. .. Okay, It was said that we have now the technology but don't know how much that would work and how much would it require. But anyway that will be the future games.Well it was just not long ago this turing test passed so I don't see it work on grand scale immediately. But maybe in unique events like negotiations? It would be NEAT as hell. Well, It kind of depends on language though, I dont see it work on my language, google translate alone only does some glibrish with my language if used for sentences.

Also wonder is it similar to no mans sky randomized plants and cities? In there there were some limitations like lack of variety. lot millions of planets that are rocky places as I saw on gameplays. There shall be varieties of cities and beautiful places. At least a dozen or more unique places among the common generated stuff.

Yeah and underwater thingy too a must.

Someone mentioned that quest location without minimap. Well, 'kay there certainly quest boards and there might be patterns on non-questboard quest easily recognisable or basicly a hidden quest which you can easily miss altogether without knowing. Cuz tiny detail where you do some tiny scale unique thing which you accidentally find might just add to the charm.

Yeah and there shall be a radio or whatever type of news broadcasting , among them which you share. and name channel for example pirate way.(yeah instead of bay cuz fhink its funny) Or actually create the IRIS network. There was already talking about you picture something and show it the the local folks, so it works.

And how will coop work? Is it like some friends you connected are in the same universe and can gather or do your thing? Or said friends could be added and removed from your shared universe?

One more thingy. It is about the gravity, I wondered when watched the ingame demo video, how large was that planet actually? And we know the physhical laws bigger planet bigger gravity. I can imagine smaller gravity is easier handled compared to bigger gravity. Also ,people borned on planet shall have more natural physic for that kind of gravity. Maybe I read something like that somewhere for some reason, makes sense I guess. Developing in the womb from the beginning the body develops to the planet. We with our bodies can actually train ourselfs to outmost limits and body is adjusting to that, so it makes sense you don't simply train your muscles according to planet gravity after born but borned that way. So people from planets with bigger or smaller gravity feels off more.

Well, something like that, what you say?

One more thing, so these hybrids are human-animal stuff and I happen to remember the story with the horse and the donkey. If a human with strange taste goes with a hybrid do we get a quarter animal who can't breed? Like they a different race who can breed I guess and partly human so compatible with humans in rare occasions? In bge there was the blue skinned blue haired human girl, maybe she was a sharkling.
    There is lager and savanah cat and etc...

My Ideas

I love it but it scares me, that's what I thought first, this game is huge, masively huge, so I think the biggest challenge is to reduce waste of time moving from one place to another, or at least making it fun to do it, maybe you should use a teleportation cabine between cities, or call your space ship at any place.
    This universe should be as realistic as possible so could be nice some rules or limitations, like speed limit entering planets atmosphere or dangers like sun's heat, or space junk, weather conditions or even dissasters like hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, etc.
    Open world games have a weakness, you have too much freedom, and that allows you to cheat, increasing your fire power beyond the next mission requirements, making it too easy and boring, open world with a guidence is the key, you are free to do whatever you want, but not always you will get a reward, or sometimes you will get a punishment.
     4 people found this helpful

Intergrate LUA Language

adding LUA Language as an open Scritp interface for doing Middinga of the Game flow would be nice.
    Tx

Teleportation Booth?

jonqp
    I love it but it scares me, that's what I thought first, this game is huge, masively huge, so I think the biggest challenge is to reduce waste of time moving from one place to another, or at least making it fun to do it, maybe you should use a teleportation cabine between cities, or call your space ship at any place.
    This universe should be as realistic as possible so could be nice some rules or limitations, like speed limit entering planets atmosphere or dangers like sun's heat, or space junk, weather conditions or even dissasters like hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, etc.
    Open world games have a weakness, you have too much freedom, and that allows you to cheat, increasing your fire power beyond the next mission requirements, making it too easy and boring, open world with a guidence is the key, you are free to do whatever you want, but not always you will get a reward, or sometimes you will get a punishment.
    I think you got a good idea here. I kinda imagine a Teleportation booth like the old phone booths to travel from one city from another in the same planet/moon, making it more easy to travel. Like you get the number of a phone booth and you could teleport into another by "calling it".

Folezicle's Avatar Member
    Not sure if this has already been said (still reading the posts) but the headquarters for your crew can be upgraded, both with money and progress in the game (a bit like the villa in Assassin's Creed 2). Also you pick the location of the headquarters as well.

Hillianii's Avatar Junior Member

Weather Elements and Meteroid Circuits

Weather Elements ! That does not only include our own planets natural habits like Rain, Snow or Fog but also unknown ones like glass or diamonds..

Spoiler:  Show
    `

Beside weather elements, I also thought about random meteroid circuits in the solar system, which will be a dangerous risk to cross but is an open possibility.