BG'n'E 2 engine

What engine does BG'n'E 2 use ?

LyN, according to Wikipedia. There's no source, though, so whether this is accurate or not I can't be sure. Maybe Ancel said it in an interview at some point?

DiDoFRGT10's Avatar Senior Member
    I remember Ancel talking about creating a whole new engine for this game, I doubt it will be the LyN engine, since it's 8 years old.. Meh, we just have to wait and see

I dunno. Since the original BG&E was the first title developed under the Jade engine... could this just be a 'Jade 2.0' in some ways? Kinda like how Valve has been working on a Source 2.0 engine for quite a while now.

SuperBiscotCOT's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Metallic_Blade Go to original post
    I dunno. Since the original BG&E was the first title developed under the Jade engine... could this just be a 'Jade 2.0' in some ways? Kinda like how Valve has been working on a Source 2.0 engine for quite a while now.
    I'm also thinking about a jade 2.0
    But the engine doesn't really matter for me, I'm more for better gameplay

Epheremy's Avatar Junior Member
    I've read somewhere the engine is called Voyager. Michel's team worked on it for 3 years apparently.

SuperBiscotCOT's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Epheremy Go to original post
    Michel's team worked on it for 3 years apparently.
    yep and that could explain why Ubi started building a new high-tech studio at Montpelier
    (Sorry only found articles in french : http://www.midilibre.fr/2017/05/29/u...er,1513720.php)

Hello, bonjour,

Thank you for the link but I think it has either expired or for me, it simply sent me to some midilibre general page. In any case, you can watch the following youtube video where Michel Ancel talks about Voyager engine back in 2017 soon after the E3 presentation

see : https://youtu.be/M8IguhQqhAg

I was hoping that they would adopt an existing engine so they could focus on the development of the game. So....although the game will be new to us when it does release, it will play on an engine several years old.\

Unity on SpatialOS would be ideal for such a project of such vast size -thoughts. You can learn more about spatialOS at https://youtu.be/5eBGboUGXTY

Perhaps one problem from the gate is that Ubisoft is not an indie or small game developer/publisher. I just hope that whatever engine they use is able to maintain large populations over a vast area -not an easy task to be sure. My fingers are crossed for an awesome and new game experience which will make all the years of anticipation and pre-release hype worthwhile.

OTG

JusticiaPoetica's Avatar Junior Member

Anvil

I am surprised that no one has suggested the next version of the Anvil engine.