Venom_04's Avatar Member

BGE 2 - Trailer : Easter Egg

Hey guys !

I'm so happy about the Beyond Good and Evil 2 announcement ! And I Watch the trailer approximatly ten times ahah.

So, do you found any easter egg in the E3 trailer ?

For me :

- I see Rufus and Mammago in the base when the Monkey (Knoxie ?) come with the CD
    - I also found a Mammago publicity when Knoxie leave the restaurant

I think there are so many others Easter Egg, do you noticed others ?
     1 people found this helpful

Woah, just made a thread about this too, did not see this up already! Oops!

Here is what I caught:

0:05- Spotted a poster of a piglet-hybrid similar to the one in the concept art we saw not too long ago.
    0:36- "Pey'J-ie" ?
    1:06- Advertisement for Mammago Garage
    2:15- Wilhelm Scream
    2:58 - Mammago Rhino with a BARRANCO D-53 EQUIPPED WITH CUTTING HAMMER!
    3:14 - Green eyes, call back to Jade. Jade's mother?
    3:16- Original BGE theme.
     2 people found this helpful

At around 3:18 there's a box of K-Bups on the table to the right. It's awesome that they're including these tiny references!

Originally Posted by IRISNetwork Go to original post
    3:16- Original BGE theme.
    I got some goosebumps there, love the original theme

One of the rhinos who worked at Mammago’s garage and the poster as well when Knoxie is breaking out of the window to escape, the idol mentions something about Pey’j which could be a key on what happen in the future, the Chinese restaurant is similar to the little Chinese shop in Hilys city, Radio Cafteta under the bridge building is the name of the bar in Beyond Good and Evil, the desert is the same one used from the 2008 trailer

Put together some spots from me and others into an album. Here's a link.
     3 people found this helpful

At this point, this is completely speculation. But it stood out to me immediately when I watched the trailer, so here's what I see:

The Space Monkey Program logo: http://i.imgur.com/WXU9Irm.png

Looks Highly reminiscent of the Alpha Section logo: http://i.imgur.com/sDwPJTJ.jpg

There are clearly some differences, the Space Monkey program looks more like a realistic skull for one thing. But they ARE both skulls. Alpha Section's is framed by what look like lightning bolts in a jolly roger kind of backdrop, and Space Monkey Program's kind of mimics the shape with the wings on top and the longer fangs to the sides on the bottom.

Wild fan theory speculation: The crew of the Gada, that big cool ship, will unlock the gate they see in the map which will somehow make contact with or allow the Domz through for the first time, initiating the invasion of the Systems. Its crew will become infected, and the Space Monkey program will gradually morph into the Alpha Section as it gains power and influence.

As long as I'm speculating wildly, and there's no other place on the forums I see delving into it:

It seems likely that Dakini, with her green eyes, is Jade's mom. Betting she and her crew run into the guys from the concept art a while back:

http://i.imgur.com/CnrhDiy.jpg

Who turn out to be Pey'j, named after the Sus Sapiens Deity Pey'ji (or similar), known as the "redeemer," and that dude, who turns out to be Jade's dad. They end up building the Beluga at some point, Jade's mechanic-looking dad teaches Pey's what he knows. Then when things go wrong with the DomZ invasion starting - Infecting/killing Jade's parents? - Pey'j flees with their child to Hillys. But Jade gets some kind of DomZ infestation or influence too, which accounts for her strange connection with them.

I wonder if Pey'j being related to a god called "the redeemer" is foreshadowing some kind of involvement he'll have in this game, or something he'll do later in the timeline, AFTER the events of BG&E 1? I guess it's been 15 years' wait for this game, I should appreciate this now instead of already looking ahead to BG&E 3
     5 people found this helpful

I don't now if i'm right, but in the base (2:59), just beside the shark, there's a man who seems to be ''Belle Mirette'' (i've played it in french), the guys in the bar who gives the password to the base in the first BGE, but younger, im i the only one who saw him?

Venom_04's Avatar Member
    Wow, you found so much Easter eggs !

Good job guys and thanks for sharing !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►