Although Im an avid IL2 fan I do like the odd WW2 FPS. Recently someone introduced me to this game and WOW!! This is the most realistic FPS ever. I was so impressed by the screens and what people were saying on the forums that i went out and bought UT2004 just for this mod. Its still in beta so there are a few glitches but it is so immersive that you dont notice them ( when ur on a window ledge and u get shot, u fall out onto the pavement rag doll style, splat!!). Heres the link.......

www.redorchestramod.com

Screenies.....

http://redorchestramod.gameservers.net/screenshots.html

"Wer auf die preussische Fahne schwort, hat nichts mehr, was ihm selber gehort"

Although Im an avid IL2 fan I do like the odd WW2 FPS. Recently someone introduced me to this game and WOW!! This is the most realistic FPS ever. I was so impressed by the screens and what people were saying on the forums that i went out and bought UT2004 just for this mod. Its still in beta so there are a few glitches but it is so immersive that you dont notice them ( when ur on a window ledge and u get shot, u fall out onto the pavement rag doll style, splat!!). Heres the link.......

www.redorchestramod.com

Screenies.....

http://redorchestramod.gameservers.net/screenshots.html

"Wer auf die preussische Fahne schwort, hat nichts mehr, was ihm selber gehort"

Looks Ok. But I'm not into First Shooters to much. Can you have tank Battles though??

I've been following this game for years. Had some of my own quotes on the main site too, but when it was *finally* released it was a huge disappointment. While you didn't have crosshairs, you didn't need them, because there was no "free fire area". I have been able to kill 5 people in a row in excess of 500 yards with a PPsH41 firing from the hip. Hvae they improved any since then? Has a free fire area been added? Have they *finally* added machine-guns yet?

EDIT: Btw, it's NOT the most realistic mod. WHen I played it it was more or less just Unreal Tournament 2003 slowed down with crosshairs taken out and set in WWII. Infiltration is an old Unreal Tournament mod and I played that years ago. It is the most realistic game ever released (no joke).

---

Oh my! I'm downloading it again as we speak. It seems it has improved a lot!

---

Gbucket's Avatar Senior Member
    I rather enjoyed it myself but it's a bit tricky to start with. I found myself just randomly dying from sniper fire, not fun.

Better than DoD?

Dont hate me - Have found new addiction.
    Cant wait till they add sway to the iron sights.....

non solum armis

Gbucket's Avatar Senior Member
    It's not as good as DoD1.3b or 2.0, but better than the later versions of DoD I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
    It's not as good as DoD1.3b or 2.0, but better than the later versions of DoD I think.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. The "commercial" DoD version get worse and worse.

---