I was *really* into DoD and looked with great anticipation on RO. I just recently got U2TK4 but the game won't even run. Dunno what the problem is either, I am way above the sys reqs on this one...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UbiRazz:
    It's not as good as DoD1.3b or 2.0, but better than the later versions of DoD I think.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww c'mon Razz, its much better graphics wise and also with a good combination of confined and open spaced maps it only adds to the realism. You gotta admit, when you hit someone with the KAR @ 100m using ironsights its pretty bloddy rewarding

DL v2.1.1 and give it another go

"Wer auf die preussische Fahne schwort, hat nichts mehr, was ihm selber gehort"

yes razz- please keep your head down and utilize cover. just like you would do if your life depended on it. i can somewhat understand why new guy in the fields IRL may not last long.

it does have a high curve on learning to survive, il2 does too. that is what intrigues me. darn it, i wish oleg had made it - who knows what he and team could do.....

non solum armis

Probably the most blatent *pimp* ever to have hit these forums

http://redorchestramod.gameservers.net/screenshots.html

The reason I haven't flown for a while!

~S~ Indi

"That crazy b'stards trying to dogfight in a 110......hold on, who put that ****-off hole in my wing?"

Online as:
    Indianer &
    :FI:Indianer

Realistic FPS???

America's Army is it for me.

I would prefer a WWII fps at the same level, but this is free, heavily supported, continually developing, and very accurate. Just download, and do a couple training missions, and then log on and play.

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Executive Officer, 69th GIAP
    Za Rodinu!
    Petition to stop the M3 motorway through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co. Meath, Ireland

Agreed, Tooz_69GIAP

AAO rulz in terms of realism. It's actually more a sim than an FPS.

Anyway, I've been very dissapointed by the "final" release, too. Didn't like the gameplay and the ballistics and hit ratios were much better in earlier version. Dunno, how what this version is like, though, so I'd welcome some reviews

greets
    Capt.LoneRanger

This looks really interesting. Very nice graphics.

I bet his hand got hot!
    http://redorchestramod.gameservers.n.../rostov_02.jpg

A speck of dirt on your windscreen could turn into an enemy fighter in the time it took to look round and back again. A little smear on your goggles might hide the plane that was coming in to kill you.
    Derek Robinson
    From the book Piece of Cake.

There are coming out with 3.0 soon.
    It will have "iron sight sway" which will be cool. I "hear" maybe vehicles - which i dont care about. I am sure some other goodies we havent been told about.

non solum armis

AA was just a couple of months ago upgraded to the Unreal engine and has cool ragdoll physics, along with more precise hit points. And the Stryker APC is being introduced in a few months as drivable (they are being introduced sooner, but not drivable at first) and with working 0.50cal (wonder how they model that one?? ).

And to counter the armour threat for the grunts, a new anti armour missile thing (I forget what it's called) is also being introduced for blowing up the Stykers (well, you will actually blow up a Russian BT-something, as you only kill the terrorist guys and they all use russian stuff!!!)

The only thing I am not too thrilled about with AA is the single type format. There's almost no variation in game play. There are a bunch of cool maps, and plenty of cool weapons to play with, but you can't create your own missions, or objectives, and stuff. And it is entirely online, zero offline stuff except for the training missions (you can open the maps offline and do weird stuff, but it gets boring by yourself).

But it's free, and the gfx are cool, and it's being constantly updated and worked on. I just wish they would do a WWII mod

whit ye looking at, ya big jessie?!?!

Executive Officer, 69th GIAP
    Za Rodinu!
    Petition to stop the M3 motorway through the Tara-Skryne Valley in Co. Meath, Ireland