1. #1

    Potential (Easy) Solution for Dominion CC Gank Problem

    Probably we can all agree that new CC-Gank meta made Dominion quite unfun. I won't argue about whether ganksquads win better or not, because frankly as long as they make the game unfun it does not matter whether you can still win the game by playing pacman.

    My solution is a simple one: Make character IMMUNE to ALL CC during Revenge. Probably easiest way of implementing that is by giving a permanent superarmor to whole revenge duration, and if there are any CC that ignore superarmor (looking at pinning attack from Centurion), fixing those skills code wise so that they do not ignore superarmor anymore.

    What do you think?
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Yeah that's been suggested a few times now (the immunity, not the super armour, though effectively the same thing I guess) and it's my preferred solution as well.

    It's also easy for the devs to code, so far more likely to actually happen than a lot of other suggestions.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    That may be a bit too much since some heros depend on CC to have any effective mixups but at the very least a cent should get knocked on his *** if he hits you with an uppercut or kick during your revenge pop animation.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Xavyn Go to original post
    That may be a bit too much since some heros depend on CC to have any effective mixups but at the very least a cent should get knocked on his *** if he hits you with an uppercut or kick during your revenge pop animation.
    I am a Conq main. And there are no heroes that rely on their CC more than Conq.

    Even then I would very much prefer this over current clusterfak in Dominion we have. Also it is not like I am suggesting damage immunity, nor infinite duration of revenge. On top of that add in the factor that getting your opponent revenged is completely in your own hands, I think it is the best possible balanced solution that is within (apparently very limited) capability of devs.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    This all sounds great and all...but sadly there will be very few, 1500 across all platforms I'm willing to bet, that will still be playing this game. It was fun until S2 patch. The 2 new heroes did more harm to this game than good. The franchise is dead and I suspect the contract for this game will end soon. It has too many problems for Ubisoft and not enough revenue for Ubisoft to continue supporting this game. It's just bad for business, specially since Ubisoft is on a terrible stretch of game development as it. Maybe it will be good in a year but there will be too many better games out by then.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,462
    Originally Posted by Donthat3m3p1mp Go to original post
    This all sounds great and all...but sadly there will be very few, 1500 across all platforms I'm willing to bet, that will still be playing this game. It was fun until S2 patch. The 2 new heroes did more harm to this game than good. The franchise is dead and I suspect the contract for this game will end soon. It has too many problems for Ubisoft and not enough revenue for Ubisoft to continue supporting this game. It's just bad for business, specially since Ubisoft is on a terrible stretch of game development as it. Maybe it will be good in a year but there will be too many better games out by then.
    I disagree, more games may be coming out, but this game is unique, it will only get better once they figure out what works and what doesn't. Like I said, this game is in uncharted territory. There are no unique games any more, most FPS games are the same, right down to the controls, other than that you have 3rd person games like gta, those are the popular games now, there will always be a place by my ps4 for this game.

    I do think that the connection issues should be non-existent by now but I'm not a programmer ir network specialist so I have no idea what I'm talking about. It's obviously hard to fix.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by The_B0G_ Go to original post
    I disagree, more games may be coming out, but this game is unique, it will only get better once they figure out what works and what doesn't. Like I said, this game is in uncharted territory. There are no unique games any more, most FPS games are the same, right down to the controls, other than that you have 3rd person games like gta, those are the popular games now, there will always be a place by my ps4 for this game.

    I do think that the connection issues should be non-existent by now but I'm not a programmer ir network specialist so I have no idea what I'm talking about. It's obviously hard to fix.
    I agree that this game is unique but that doesn't change the fact that numbers don't lie my friend. And once you established a reputation, it's extremely and I mean extremely difficult to change your reputation. Take "The Division" for example. The game is rumored to be much better but do you see a lot of people playing it now? Sure don't.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Donthat3m3p1mp Go to original post
    I agree that this game is unique but that doesn't change the fact that numbers don't lie my friend. And once you established a reputation, it's extremely and I mean extremely difficult to change your reputation. Take "The Division" for example. The game is rumored to be much better but do you see a lot of people playing it now? Sure don't.
    I am not arguing that game is not dying, actually that is why I am arguing at all. Otherwise it would mean that people are all content and I happen to be part of a insignificant small minority who fails to enjoy the game for my own reasons.

    I love(d) the game and have been playing since betas. But this new CC-Gank meta is cancer. All you do is keep dodging and maybe a light here and there until you get caught by either a mile range long unblockable or a GB during dodging the unblockable. There is no other scenarios left.

    LET US FIGHT! I am not saying let us win 1vX, I am asking to just let us fight till we die. Right now all you do is trying your best to avoid attacks for as long as possible without actually trying to fightback at all, then you get caught and rest is CC chain where you put the controller down.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #9
    The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,462
    Originally Posted by Donthat3m3p1mp Go to original post
    I agree that this game is unique but that doesn't change the fact that numbers don't lie my friend. And once you established a reputation, it's extremely and I mean extremely difficult to change your reputation. Take "The Division" for example. The game is rumored to be much better but do you see a lot of people playing it now? Sure don't.
    I had Division and there were way more things that game did wrong than For honor, to this day The Division was the biggest waste of a game I've seen, so many bad decisions by Massive after release (getting rid of rogue penalty, cutting extraction rope.

    Besides the two new heroes in For Honor I think every update has made this game better.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Mia.Nora Go to original post
    Probably we can all agree that new CC-Gank meta made Dominion quite unfun. I won't argue about whether ganksquads win better or not, because frankly as long as they make the game unfun it does not matter whether you can still win the game by playing pacman.

    My solution is a simple one: Make character IMMUNE to ALL CC during Revenge. Probably easiest way of implementing that is by giving a permanent superarmor to whole revenge duration, and if there are any CC that ignore superarmor (looking at pinning attack from Centurion), fixing those skills code wise so that they do not ignore superarmor anymore.

    What do you think?
    I would be even harsher. I would - right now - enable extreme revenge gain out of cc-effects with your said immunity. Next step would be added vulnerability to the cc-animation, like you take added 100% damage.

    I freakin' hate it the most right now.


    But even a less drastic solution (like yours) would be fine.
    When it comes to characters that rely on some cc-stuff - cmon, the guy has revenge active. You play differently anyway, normally have him outnumbered and revenge will end at some point. So this should not be an issue.
    Share this post