RidingMower's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by QuietlyWrong Go to original post

Other thoughts
    Plenty of comments above about the number of players. For me, in my private online MP bubble, the more the merrier, as long as the engine can handle it. There were plenty of times that people had to miss out because I already had 8 willing contestants. Give me 16, even if that means XSC riders sharing lanes with ghosts. Or let me add SuperCross tracks to my online MP playlist with two riders per lane.
    I like this idea as long as it is a Private online MP thing. I can dig it.

So how about a way to make as many players as possible work for doing Private Online MP.
    while keeping a stream lined approach for the developers to incorporate.

Since Private Online MP uses one Persons own console/computer to host the match as it is. (I hope the next game to be using a 6 player max lobby system) With having Five others invited to a persons Private Online MP lobby. The Host is able to Create the list of tracks to be played like it is now. With the inclusion of inviting another group of 6.

With in that group of 6 invited. They have a host that made the group themselves and that person's console/computer is what is communicating the events and race results with the original host. This being a 12 player way to do Private Online MP.

The other console/computer players are seen as ghosts or even not at all but the scores are noted as the races unfold. Additional players just need to be hosted, so really these Private Online MP matches could possibly see hundreds players with succession to relay the race among the hosts.

Hope this makes sense. It's just the 1'st person's invited a group together, and that person's also being able to invite a friend that has a totally separate group going on at that moment.

Since hosting is necessary for the races. Can they be hosted simultaneously and have the player count be with as many groups as we desire?

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    These long paragraphs...including my own remind me of a scene from Boogie Nights where rollergirl and that red haired lady are playing with powder and speaking about taking a pottery class. Round and round...still in the same room with nothing happening

Originally Posted by VEGASTRASH Go to original post
    These long paragraphs...including my own remind me of a scene from Boogie Nights where rollergirl and that red haired lady are playing with powder and speaking about taking a pottery class. Round and round...still in the same room with nothing happening
    Great movie! Wish this Forum would get a little more action myself. I'm Ok being the amusement for others at the time being but I'm not sure how others are handling the idea of putting a word in on this Topic.

I hope another update to the Trials Garage will be coming soon. Otherwise I'm up for another round of Trials talk with you Mr. VEGAS.

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok Mower. I'm good with that. I'd like to be rollergirl and you can be the redhead. No funny looks from forum members.
    I'm sure they'll have a new topic for July. Better yet, how about a rough release date that is the goal. Don't worry, it's just 6 of us here, plus 50.

Originally Posted by VEGASTRASH Go to original post
    Ok Mower. I'm good with that, how about a rough release date.
    I got that for you Sir VEGAS. I was dumpster diving for clues behind RedLynx the other day in my investigation towards the supposed game in the making and I stumbled on some interesting bit of information. As it turns out the team at RedLynx is currently hiring for a UI Artist. If you know what that means and catching my drift with this. They implement user interface assets, the UI artist first works with game designers to understand necessary capabilities of the interface. The timing of this is something can be something of an anomaly unless we discuss a finalized phase. As with all of the other applications in this games continuity are in check. I could see going gold in 4 months time. Or a window between Sept. - Dec. the latest.

Of course this is just speculation and nobody should ever trust my judgement with anything. I'm just having a fun time making a prediction here.

Originally Posted by RidingMower Go to original post
    Since Private Online MP uses one Persons own console/computer to host the match as it is. (I hope the next game to be using a 6 player max lobby system) With having Five others invited to a persons Private Online MP lobby. The Host is able to Create the list of tracks to be played like it is now. With the inclusion of inviting another group of 6.

With in that group of 6 invited. They have a host that made the group themselves and that person's console/computer is what is communicating the events and race results with the original host. This being a 12 player way to do Private Online MP.

Yes, if RedLynx decided to reduce the number of lanes available, this sounds like a good feature (actually, the ability to run an event for dozens of people would be awesome under any circumstances). As I say, for a big private group, I'd be happy with graphical degradation down to the case of other riders being represented with floating arrows.

One thing I will say about taking players' best times to match them in public MP is that they're not necessarily representative of usual ability. As I say, sheer persistence allowed me to grab some platinum medals, but those times are serious outliers against my average times, the times I'm most likely to clock up. My best times are mostly achieved with zero faults but on the tougher tracks a zero-fault run (regardless of speed) is something I might achieve less than 5% of the time. My virtual self has an inner ear problem or something...

Unless the game would keep an average time, the Glicko system would still be preferable for me. (And if the game would hold an average time, I wouldn't say no to seeing it, comparing it with friends, being alerted when it gets better...)

Originally Posted by QuietlyWrong Go to original post
    Unless the game would keep an average time, the Glicko system would still be preferable for me.
    Welcome back QuietlyWrong. I take great pleasure in your presentation and formality used thus far. You're are somewhat of an unusual case and I can admit you have officially picked my interest. I'm eager to find out why you would prefer the Glicko 2 system.

I haven't really met anyone liking it enough to say anything nice about it. I've came across a couple people that liked the fact they could play a little over 20 matches and stop playing just to win seasons. It can also be manipulated by being inconsistent. For instance having a friend come over to play for them, or letting a child play their game for some time. I find the Glicko system has hardly been a truly representative way of fairly matching rider skills. You are more likely to come across playing Mr. VEGAS or myself with this match making, partially because the user base is inherently small at the moment.

I like your suggestion on having a players' track time averaged, and the floating arrows thing is brilliant!

IImayneII's Avatar Senior Member
    For Fusion, what I disliked for Local Multiplayer. The seperation of maps. Creating maps for local, because of the lower pop playing local, it was almost not worth it. So pretty much all the local multiplayer maps from users where lacking in quality to say the least. That with the low amount of local mp base tracks in the game made it so local was pretty boring after a while. I think a good feature would be to allow local mp on all mp maps. A feature to be able to play locally against people online would benefit the game too I believe. Even tough you are technically in a disadvantage when you play on back lanes, it would help keeping a healthy mp population and even with 2 people locally would make it more interesting.

Also the track selection with not being able to sort tracks on difficulty was horrible. There were also several bugs with tracks not even showing where you had to refavorite those not showing. I also disliked the favorite selection because everything was just lumped together with no way to seperate lists.

And for PC. Please give us a feature to actually backup locally made tracks.

Also, now I think off it. There was a bug breaking several things (like the stat screen), if I remember correctly, when you had more than +200 friends on uplay. No idea if that was ever fixed, but tought it was worth mentioning.

clarx1's Avatar Member
    Sorry for being very late to this thread. Single Player is the main event but me and my friends love the local MP. Such good fun. I was really disappointed with the local MP in fusion as compared to evolution as I thought this was a major step back. Times were not displayed so you couldn't see how close those tight finishes really were. Very annoying. Also the issue mentioned where faulting on the last CP almost always causes a DNF. This happened occasionally and on certain tracks in Evolution but no where near as much.

Please fix this. I will buy the game for the single player but I know a lot of my friends who are less into trials are all about the local MP.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234