I ShinFenix I's Avatar Member
    - Bring back different MP type like it was on EVO

- It would be cool to have a symbol that show the level of your opponents in the MP based on their rank in Mp or solo leaderboard

- A 2VS2 or 3VS3 MP mode would be absolutely awesome with players switch on every checkpoint like VEGASTRASH said.

- Make the solo tracks playable with X lane in MP at launch if it's possible.

- If you do a similar system of points like it was on fusion it would be cool to make it more clear to understand for player beacause on fusion sometime we lost points without understand why.

- The possiblity to get a PB for the solo in MP would be incredible like venomz said.

Two thing that will be very cool for me on multiplayer is :

The possibility to search and find track directly trough the multiplayer and not only based on my favorite list.

A trackmania mode where we can run a track during 5 minutes and keep the best time. It's one of the best mmultiplayer mode for this kind of game for me.

Braders77UK's Avatar Member
    What I believe would be nice to have included within private MP is the ability to favourite/save the track from a simple click of a button.

Also, I feel a HUD of some description would be beneficial, to show what track is being played and who it was who created it, as this information is only available for a short time during the set-up and loading sequences.

Both of these suggestions would be beneficial in private matches that is being hosted by another player.

I'd also support any implementation of a spectator mode, as at present, it's only the host who can spectate.. 2 or more bespoke slots in public and private lobbies would be, in my opinion, a great addition.

Thanks

RidingMower's Avatar Member
    I'm excited and very passionate about playing supercross. I was hooked to playing supercross in Trials Evo and even kept a time sheet to record the fastest runs. Here it is....

1- A drop in the ocean.......... 29.036
    2- Dirt devils.......................... 25.625
    3- Hang time.......................... 24.083
    4- Hanger s2......................... 23.030
    5- Hard hat crew................... 27.206
    6- Hill billy............................... 21.849
    7- Hit the dirt.......................... 22.887
    8- laundry day....................... 23.223
    9- Mountain madness............ 26.223
    10- Pipe dreams.................... 19.682
    11- Pripyat............................. 24.934
    12- Race to the top............... 22.546
    13- RedLynx race................. 24.553
    14- Sky high.......................... 23.199
    15- Up down......................... 19.932
    ---------------------------------------------
    16- Adrenaline arena............ 35.871
    17- Big top derby.................. 27.735
    18- Cloud Citadel................... 30.405
    19- Deep sea dash................ 24.198
    20- Gigacross degree........... 57.516
    21- Jungle japes.................... 24.373
    22- Rollercross...................... 34.329
    23- Rooftop rumble................ 35.100
    24- Sahara showdown......... 27.177
    25- Tomb riders...................... 28.850

Supercross isn't that different from regular Trials. The goal to not fault and reach the finish faster than anybody else. Even multiplayer tracks are played by the same rules as the campaigns . The leaderboard in multiplayer shouldn't be any different to how they should be scored.

I liked Evo's supercross for a bunch of reasons. I'll skip the boring junk and get to a point right off the bat. FAIRNESS.... Every game played today has a balance. It can be hard or easy. The thing has to have fairness. The fairness in Evo's supercross was the podium to its four players playing. Goal was to be 1st (gold), while coming out on 2nd (silver) still meant you came out on top. Coming in 3rd (cruddy bronze) put you on the bottom of the podium, while last is not rewarded at all. It felt fair playing. A 2 vs 2 thing.

Now for Fusion, the larger 8 crowd setup. This is unfair. Having more players, but not having a win for the top half playing. Mr VEGAS brought up the point about Battlefield vs CoD vs GoW. Shooters with a large player base battling each other. They are funner with more people his point was being. That is still a fair match with those no matter how many more or less players play them. A team will win against another team of equal amount of players. That is fairness. 50players vs 50players, a 1vs 1 breaking it down.

Trials supercross has the podium as the reward. That is only 3 that can be rewarded at a time. For fairness reasons this makes for 6 players max. To have that 1 vs 1 game feel.

Here is a picture of a race as an example.

Notice even with one person dropping out. That the winners vs losers is off by one yet. More people feel bad while fewer people feel good here. Over time that happens again and again. People just don't enjoy losing and the player base drops because of this. With a fairness of 3 winners vs 5 losers.

As having the less lanes in Evo, shown in this pic.

Was easier to make tracks.

With 6 lanes just as simple. Playing it would work for Private, local and online supercross multiplayer. No need to build separately of an 8 lane track or a 4 lane track.

onesimpleclik's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by VEGASTRASH Go to original post
    Different modes would be welcomed. I know the player base isn't that large for MP, but something a little different possibly.
    2 vs. 2 mode, where the control switches each checkpoint.
    A bracket style tournament.
    A very poor rider gets a small head start based on seconds behind in the last race.
    Bike switch, where the bike changes each race...but everyone gets the same one.
    Tail on fire, like the skill game...you get as far as you can while on fire.
    Acorn entry...everyone puts up X amount and the first 2 get all.
    There are much better ideas I haven't just named...I'm sure the team could think up something decent.
    These ideas are great. I'd love to see all of them in the next Trials game at some point.

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    So Rider...I'm thinking 6 would be perfect
    The 3 win/3 lose formula to retain more player because fewer will feel bad because they lost seems like a sign of the times. It's similar to giving every kid a trophy, just because he showed up to play the game. In life, a few win...most lose. 12 people...3 podium spots. If the kid wants to not keep playing because he gets smashed...good. One less poor Trials player to watch

Local play may be used by some, but to me it's useless. I'd like to see some other local game modes than a straight race. Maybe a heads up mode for local with different events. The events would vary...say 5 events, longest wheelie, fastest time on a short track, highest hill climb...etc...then combine the scores for the winner.
    I'm sure many better ideas for local are among us....but something other than basic racing could be more interesting.
    This mode could be used online to. Olympic event trials...etc

So Rider...I'm thinking 6 would be perfect
    The 3 win/3 lose formula to retain more player because fewer will feel bad because they lost seems like a sign of the times. It's similar to giving every kid a trophy, just because he showed up to play the game. In life, a few win...most lose. 12 people...3 podium spots. If the kid wants to not keep playing because he gets smashed...good. One less poor Trials player to watch
    Can you claim a game that isn't fair and yet enjoyed by many? Games of all types from the earliest days of civilized man have had a 1 vs 1 way of playing. Even things other than player against player, like for instance playing the lottery has a fairness factor because the chances of winning are even with everyone else. Board games, hoarse shoes, darts, bean bags, jousting, and boxing all have a fairness. It's not about the signs of the times. Every type of sports game today still plays by this formula of fairness in competition and have been doing it since it was first invented. Every game in your video game library is also played by this fairness formula.

It's about Trials and how to make it something more enjoyable in multiplayer. Having any other number than 6 plays out the way it is playing out now because it's only about being 1st. I'm sorry for making a big stink with this. Truth is I'm fine with any way that the game comes out with.

I like you Mr VEGAS, you're good peoples person.

KnockoffNate's Avatar Member
    I have never been interested in the multiplayer part of trials.. so don't really have much to offer. But i do really enjoy the head-to-head style of game play in trials frontier, where you have to try to own all 3 tracks. Plus the midnight circuit events are fun.

As Psychodelik mentioned, a trackmania mode sounds cool!

Maybe more incentive would make multiplayer more appealing. Like using in game currency as a wager.. prizes, such as gear for your bike/character.

Off Topic - Is redlynx doing anything at E3?

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    Mower: To quickly summarize...12 enter, top 3 place. It's plenty fair. You don't need half the field to get a pat on the back. Imagine if the Olympics gave out 8 medals for an event of 16 competitors. It's almost laughable.
    Enjoyment should come from playing the game alone...if a kid or worse...an adult needs an imaginary medal in a video game he/she has issues. Even achievements are ironic in gaming. Achieve/playing video games should never be in the same sentence.
    A sport game where one wins one loses...has zero to do with a race where 12 or 8 enter. If you want a medal...get better at trials...just like anything in life. What's next, RL picks anyone who didn't get a RL pick? 90% of builders or more get zero. Do we cater to them next just so they don't feel bad?
    Maybe a good thing is to have animated crying for the bottom half of the field in a puddle of tears, along with whimpering sounds.I like this one. You would get a millennial mother calling RL in outrage asking for a mature rating.
    This thread is gold, silver, and bronze...special participation award.

Mower: To quickly summarize...12 enter, top 3 place. It's plenty fair. You don't need half the field to get a pat on the back. Imagine if the Olympics gave out 8 medals for an event of 16 competitors. It's almost laughable.
    Enjoyment should come from playing the game alone...if a kid or worse...an adult needs an imaginary medal in a video game he/she has issues.
    That's not the direction I would want for the game game at all. If it sounds like I'm pampering the public here, you've got the wrong message.

I want this next game to be the greatest of anyTrials game they have ever made. They said they want this multiplayer portion to be more in-line with core game. Getting more to play the multiplayer portion of the game. As of right now multiplayer isn't that big and it's not really getting more popular or taking off. It's just mundane racing it. The larger player count in multiplayer lobbies makes it a hassle making full lobbies, muting players and figuring out who in parties is talking to begin with. Then playing the game with a large crowd. The supercross tracks reach the horizon and it's all that can be seen for a background. The other players ghosts take up the whole Drive-Line making it hard to see. Your console or computer has to work harder to read the all the other players controller inputs and physics taking place. Playing with a large crowd isn't as fun because of the games pacing also. The excitement of overtaking somebody else wears off when it constantly pulling ahead and falling behind 5 times per seconds.

Doing 6 max is a way to make the game play more personal. Give it a proper power to performance, graphics and structure of the racing experience. It still holds getting first place as priority when playing. I'll say it again the goal is to be the best. Just like it is with playing Fusion's 8 player multiplayer, and Evo's 4 player. That fairness is to be the best of all the others playing is still with having a 6 player multiplayer, but the difference is that it would also add another fairness in addition to it because of the podium involved. It is a personal and a more comprehensive racing experience. The game will even benefit from a more reserved use of resources.

Love you VEGAS... xoxo