Cutaways to external shots

Hi. I've not long since started playing and absolutely love the game! Apologies if this suggestion has been made before, but I would appreciate if the cutaways to external shots (if the ship is destroyed or when the mission is completed for instance) were more of a fade in/out rather than sudden. Every time it happens my stomach turns over and I experience a mild form if vertigo. Less sudden transitions will warn me in advance and allow me chance to prepare.

I'm intrigued to hear as well if anyone else experiences this issue and any ways you have learned to deal with it?

Oculus Quest port?

I see a lot of people wanting it, but no one pushing pens or getting the balls rolling to get it started.

Would love to hear a statement on whether or not this could happen!

Something that bugs me a lot is that every player has to own the DLC to play its content. This is something even Electronic Arts finally learned: such content is abandoned content. It's not easy already to have player for the game yet you need 3 people who not only own the game but also own the DLC to play the Enterprise-D without AI. This decision must have been made by economists. It would be much better when only the host has to own the DLC and put the DLC files into the base game so everybody has the potential to play with everyone.

It is sad that this game is dead anyway and isn't supported anymore so anything written here is speaking to a wall. It clearly has great potential and with the possibility to play with non-VR gamers it could have reached a much bigger population.

Possible future DLC suggestions

Hoping Ubisoft still check this but a few ideas for future DLC to get a good player base back to this game are below:

A defiant class ship - allowing for cloaking technology, as well as bringing scenarios from the show such as the war with the founders, the Klingon civil war, and even defending ds9

Voyager (this has been requested before)

Klingon and to Romulan bridges. Star Trek Bridge Commander has accessibility to playing as the commander of a Klingon bird of prey and it gave the game a whole new way to play via cloaking technology as well as learning a more stealthy way to hunt and battle.

Also, historical battles would be great. Imagine being the captain during the wrath of khan battle or the undiscovered country battle where Kirk and sulu had to fight a bird of prey that could fire while cloaked or being in the captains chair of the defiant flying through the assault on the founders home world.

Using historical battles and the ship types listed above could bring players back to Bridge Crew and generate revenue through future DLC. I just recently got this game and it feels I have to wait for 20 minutes to find a crew where an AI bot still has to fill a role.

Feature Request/Expansion Packs: Online Multiplayer Ship to Ship Faction Combat

I would also like to request that Star Trek Bridge Crew be updated with a series of amazing, immersive, multi-player, no AI, team centric game expansion packs such as Klingon Bridge Crew (with the B'rel Bird of Prey and D7 Cruiser), Romulan Bridge Crew (with the Romulan Bird of Prey and Diderex Warbird) and more Starfleet ships such as the Discovery, Enterprise A, and Excelsior. You might even start a whole new genre of Star Trek based E-sports with Team crews and ships competing for prize money. Imagine the crew of the USS Kirk (TOS Enterprise) vying for space supremacy against the crew of the IKS Koloth (D7 Cruiser) in various maps with directly opposing objectives such as Protect/Attack Deep Space station or Rescue crew of freighter/Capture Federation spies. Why stop there? I'm sure Andorians, Gorn and Orions expansions would do well. Imagine the entertainment value of ships hailing each other to surrender or taunt their enemy. Imagine the E-Sports trophies for Best Engineer, Best Helmsman, etc. A booth at the next Las Vegas Star Trek Convention highlighting a team of Klingons versus a Starfleet team would be a great start to marketing the venture.

The next evolution would be an open persistent galaxy where territory is won and lost, where players can actually leave their ships as a team and do ground assault missions in cross platform PC/VR to expand their factions hold on the galaxy. Sector Patrol takes on a whole new meaning when you encounter a group of Romulans in the Neutral zone and you are outnumbered 3 to 1. Many possibilities and much revenue can be generated from such expansions. I plead that someone at Ubisoft sees these ideas and sees the untapped potential of Star Trek fans enthusiasts don't only want to serve on Starfleet ships.

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Evils0n666 Go to original post
    I would also like to request that Star Trek Bridge Crew be updated with a series of amazing, immersive, multi-player, no AI, team centric game expansion packs such as Klingon Bridge Crew (with the B'rel Bird of Prey and D7 Cruiser), Romulan Bridge Crew (with the Romulan Bird of Prey and Diderex Warbird) and more Starfleet ships such as the Discovery, Enterprise A, and Excelsior. You might even start a whole new genre of Star Trek based E-sports with Team crews and ships competing for prize money. Imagine the crew of the USS Kirk (TOS Enterprise) vying for space supremacy against the crew of the IKS Koloth (D7 Cruiser) in various maps with directly opposing objectives such as Protect/Attack Deep Space station or Rescue crew of freighter/Capture Federation spies. Why stop there? I'm sure Andorians, Gorn and Orions expansions would do well. Imagine the entertainment value of ships hailing each other to surrender or taunt their enemy. Imagine the E-Sports trophies for Best Engineer, Best Helmsman, etc. A booth at the next Las Vegas Star Trek Convention highlighting a team of Klingons versus a Starfleet team would be a great start to marketing the venture.

The next evolution would be an open persistent galaxy where territory is won and lost, where players can actually leave their ships as a team and do ground assault missions in cross platform PC/VR to expand their factions hold on the galaxy. Sector Patrol takes on a whole new meaning when you encounter a group of Romulans in the Neutral zone and you are outnumbered 3 to 1. Many possibilities and much revenue can be generated from such expansions. I plead that someone at Ubisoft sees these ideas and sees the untapped potential of Star Trek fans enthusiasts don't only want to serve on Starfleet ships.
    I have moved your post to the General Discussion category and added it to the Suggestions & Feedback thread as this is more suitable.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I posted this on general discussion:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...m-Oculus-Quest

My issue is the lack of deaf accessibility. Would it be possible for you to including subtitles for computer, logs, and NPC in the near future? Not only that, but also a feature to skip and bypass mic test so that deaf people would be able to get into and play together. As long as there are hands and arms, we will and are able to communicate with each other using limited sign language and gestures.

What are your plans for the future, especially accessibility part for the deaf players? There are countless of deaf gamers out there that love Star Trek series and would much love to interact and play as bridge crew.

Thank you,

Steelix (Carl)

Firstly, i want to say im playing with my PS4 with no VR headset and with the AI. i really appreciate the game and alll the effort in it but i wanted to write on the forum to hopefully fix it to make it better for everyone.

The problems i've come across are. Voice command doesnt exist, however much i've pressed the orders button. Anyway, improvements..

Theres zero feedback from the AI bridge crew. even star trek bridge commander (2002) had a status report option.

I want a more basic unified HUD for the captain's view. Like a mini version of all the bridge positions views, giving orders is fine, and nice, but with a controller its so clunky and its very time consuming to jump from cpt panels to bridge officer ui.

Its really not clear on how the ship's systems like warp core and shield power change by how damaged they are. The developers could learn a lot from star trek bridge commander and how it played.

What if I want to position myself tactically? not engage or avoid? how is that catered for? I understand everything needs a 'heading' but if i select avoid - what does that do? does the ship just go in the opposite direction or does it orbit around the target?

- i want to know an ETA for engineering crews to be done with their tasks.
    - I want them then to move onto the next tactically sound system to repair.
    - I want to know ETA's on when the bridge crew can fire on a ship
    - I want to know when phasers and torps are in range/ in sight.
    - I want to give more detailed flight commands, like fore attack etc
    - I think the local map needs an overhaul, distance is the most important thing, and if enemies are grouped together and far away its pretty useless.
    - Shields; why does it take 5+ seconds to raise shields? when it takes around 1/2 secs for the enemy to fire weapons after they've spotted you?
    - Inpulse; why can't i access/give orders to the crew when on impulse and warp?
    - Why does the science officer know about a vessels details if we haven't scanned it yet?
    - Why does the XO do nothing?

Yellow Alert

Yellow Alert would be somewhat redundant, but great for roleplay! It could be used to warn everybody that potential danger is on the way and that they should up their alertness and prepare things.

dj faceplant's Avatar Member
    NOt sure if this thread is being watched anymore, but what are the chances of being able to play on the bridge of Enterprise NX-01?