Sitting too high above avatar; Bridge control panels intersect chairs and legs.

When i start up Bridge Crew, the default height is very bad. My real legs appear to be 6 inches or so above my avatar's legs, and the shuttle's control panel is sunk into my lap and quite untouchable. I can't even touch the "Start" button on the panel.

After adjusting the camera position by re-centering (several times) I can just about get most of the control panels into a good position. However, the Captain's chair on the Aegis is still difficult to use because of it's armchair layout. The arm controls actually intersect my real chair's armrests. This forces me to sit forward and uncomfortably straight up to access the controls in the game.

I understand that making a VR game that will work with everyone's specific environment and setup is simply impossible, but this game has almost no ability to conform at all, and I think that's a rather serious mistake.

The problems that I'm having with the UI could have been solved if the panels could be jogged just a few inches in every direction.

Please consider this.

Thanks!
     9 people found this helpful

Having pretty much the exact same issue, on the Vive. I'm pretty much having to press on my own legs to use parts of the console. Haven't been able to find a good sitting position for the game.
     2 people found this helpful

i need to stand up a little bit and recenter the view.. this fixes it .. but its kind of annoying.
     2 people found this helpful

Just wanted to toss in my and my wife's experience on this as well. We both have Oculus set ups and both bought the game upon release yesterday. Both of us have the exact same problem with the in-game console position and height being either "inside" the real armrests of our chairs or inside our legs making the buttons untouchable without having to do some weird half stand/half sit positioning to center the camera before we can actually play. The height and position of the consoles need to be either adjusted or adjustable.

I also agree the "head box" area you can move around in needs to be slightly increased. Even another 6-8 inches would eliminate 90% of my black outs.
     1 people found this helpful

I'm having the exact same issue on PSVR. I'm pretty tall, 6'3", but it still puts the controls between my legs. I need to re-calibrate while sort of standing up and then sit down to get it at the right height. It would be nice if there was a way to nudge everything up while in game if it's off center. I believe there was similar functionality in Sportsbar VR.
     1 people found this helpful

I'm having the same problem in PSVR. It's a total bummer. Please allow some way to adjust this.

Having this exact issue on PSVR, making the game virtually unplayable for me. Having to semi-stand every time I need to center my view is uncomfortable, and really shouldn't be necessary.

Same exact problem, PC/Oculus CV1 rig.

Same problem with PSVR. I can't use the buttons on the captain's chair arm rest because the move controllers run into the arm rests of my "real" chair. It would probably work if I use a kitchen table chair with no arm rests, but haven't tried it yet. Kind of annoying. Any ideas appreciated.

Same issue here. (Oculus CV1)

Constantly hitting my own legs and knees.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►