Mark my words...I am calling it first!

I just realized....FC5 is going to be MASSIVE and EXPANSIVE. The reason for the wheat fields is an area for the planes to land!

Other wise the open fields would be big open areas with no cover, and a waste of space. They are basically the games runways! Which means there will be a lot of them, in key areas, for the planes. To incorporate these, the map has to be HUGE, much larger than past FC maps, otherwise, the map would be a bunch of emptiness. Probably the only thing in the fields will be a lone NPC farmer driving a combine or tractor kicking up dust.

There will probably be barns with crop dusters at every field area, and you can spray enemies with the chemicals...mark my words I am calling it first!

I hadn't thought of that, but I'd love this! A game with vehicles should be rather large, and with FC2 which only had cars and boats, it still felt kinda crammed together in a small area. All you could really do was follow the roads. It wasn't like you could climb any mountains or walk across the map in a straight line by foot. FC3 did a much better job with this, and obviously with FC4 they had their first actual aircraft, so now I'm hoping for an even better and wider world

Ghost Recon Wildlands had some huge salt flats I saw in the trailers. I hope this is the type of level design we will get too!

Does that mean we can triple the size of the maps in the Editor? :P

Zebra_111's Avatar Junior Member
    I guess we won't get into a P51, but in these water-planes.
    So we should be able to land on lakes.
    A P51 is not able to land on a field, as shown in one of the teaser-videos where the guy gets shot. Maybe in winter when there is no wheat and the ground is frozen.

Edit: But for sure the maps will be increased and should be double if not tripple the size of FC3/4, as the engine has not to support old
    generation of consoles (PS3, XBOX360) anymore.

mistados's Avatar Senior Member
    I wouldn't bet on the map being much bigger than FC4.

Much more likely they will use that map as a base starting point, like they did with primal, and perhaps expand on and remove areas as required.

The FC4 map was pretty damn big let's be honest.

Originally Posted by mistados Go to original post
    I wouldn't bet on the map being much bigger than FC4.

Much more likely they will use that map as a base starting point, like they did with primal, and perhaps expand on and remove areas as required.

The FC4 map was pretty damn big let's be honest.
    For sure they will not do the same re-use a 2nd time.
    As the engine can drop support for old console generation, the map should get bigger, or much more dense, including more possibilities to interact with.

mistados's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Zebra_111 Go to original post
    For sure they will not do the same re-use a 2nd time.
    As the engine can drop support for old console generation, the map should get bigger, or much more dense, including more possibilities to interact with.
    Sure, the world can be be more fleshed out. But it will still likely be based on their existing map.

Originally Posted by mistados Go to original post
    Sure, the world can be be more fleshed out. But it will still likely be based on their existing map.
    What exactly do you mean with "THEIR existing map"?
    Ubisofts' map ?
    I see no reason at all.
    Do you know that they have engine-tools today, where you can create such maps in a couple of days (fine-tuning and texturing takes additional much more time).
    Wildlands has a different map? Divison also ?

Originally Posted by Zebra_111 Go to original post
    What exactly do you mean with "THEIR existing map"?
    Ubisofts' map ?
    I see no reason at all.
    Do you know that they have engine-tools today, where you can create such maps in a couple of days (fine-tuning and texturing takes additional much more time).
    Wildlands has a different map? Divison also ?
    Ya...I dont know whay they are talking about either...

Most of us in the editor can make a nice terrain within 20 minutes, from nothing, finished and all lol

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by akilyoung Go to original post
    Ya...I dont know whay they are talking about either...

Most of us in the editor can make a nice terrain within 20 minutes, from nothing, finished and all lol
    You realize they're not making the whole single player map just using the map editor right?