Shugoki and Nobushi Fixes

Alright I main both Shugoki and Nobushi they have some problems.

Shugoki

- Headbutt should be able to start chains
    - Also the headbutt cannot know people off ledges or into spikes
    - Hyperarmor doesn't work against the centerioun when he does the leaping forward stab. It will leave you stunned and on your ***.

Nobushi

- Attack speed is too slow. I constantly get my top and side lights parried leaving me with little room to start a combination.

Just make the attack speed faster and then she is fine the way she is.

I also main Shugoki, and you are wrong about two things.

1. His headbutt does knock people off of ledges
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbLdUYM-GQ

2. HIs hyper armor does work against Centurions lunge.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc56VeRq6zg

And in my opinion, his headbutt doesn't need to be chained into combos. It already takes off a chunk of stamina, and it's designed that way so one doesn't spam it to high heaven, like Warlord.

Originally Posted by kweassa1917 Go to original post
    The distance is real short. MUCH shorter in comparison to most other classes' knocks.

Not the jump lunge. Not sure which one, but there's a stab-uppercut or something like that which puts you into a recovery motion that looks like you're holding your gut in pain. That one goes through UI -- it even stops attacks from revenge which is already in motion.
    Oooooooooooh I know which one you're talking about, yea I just looked at some of my footage and hyper armor was definitely ignored. Guess I was wrong my bad OP. I think.

I swear recently I've headbutted people up against spikes and it didn't do squat lol but I need to start saving vids I guess
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by RenegadeRasta Go to original post
    I also main Shugoki, and you are wrong about two things.

1. His headbutt does knock people off of ledges
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbLdUYM-GQ
    The throw > light attack knocked her off, not the headbutt. You can see her starting to fall before the headbutt lands.

Since headbutt is a guaranteed hit, the Shug just glitch interrupted her fall animation.

In my experience, only ever harzard'd someone with headbutt when REV'd, but I bet there was ledge glitching involved in that as well..
     1 people found this helpful

DrinkinMyStella's Avatar Senior Member
    get rid of demons embrace that's my nerf

Originally Posted by okayyyyayyyy Go to original post
    Alright I main both Shugoki and Nobushi they have some problems.

Nobushi

- Attack speed is too slow. I constantly get my top and side lights parried leaving me with little room to start a combination.

Just make the attack speed faster and then she is fine the way she is.
    Ya sure just nerf the hell out of her overpowered ZA first. Kills anyone at critical, huge range, pretty fast especially considering range/damage. Has zero recovery time from canceling into another move.
    Im alright with ZA as it stands, its what makes her viable. But if you want to go buffing other areas of her kit, something has to give.
    We are not talking top 5% of competition, Nobushi is perfectly viable anywhere else. Even at pro level, she has been used plenty.

Nobushi does not need any sort of buff in her current state. Shes already a mid tier hero, very dangerous in the right hands. A buff could easily make her OP if not done correctly.

Oupyz's Avatar Senior Member
    no Nobushi is crap cause there's something called Parry , once that **** is out than it will become a skilll game

I've been a Nobushi main since beta and she plays fine, even against the Centurion and the Shinobi.

The problem isn't that she's slow, it's that she can get predictable because people never use Hidden Stance and they always start with 3 Light Attack combo. People also forget to zone with her too. Her kick is under used too.

Originally Posted by RiftHunter4 Go to original post
    I've been a Nobushi main since beta and she plays fine, even against the Centurion and the Shinobi.

The problem isn't that she's slow, it's that she can get predictable because people never use Hidden Stance and they always start with 3 Light Attack combo. People also forget to zone with her too. Her kick is under used too.
    The Nobushi's I go up against never forget about their ZA and kicks..ZA cancel into the dodge+heavy is very common for me. And personally I struggle with that move.