View Poll Results: Would you like to see the next AC delayed to 2018?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't mind a delay

10 31.25%
  • I had enough waiting

14 43.75%
  • I don't care

4 12.50%
  • I'm not sure

4 12.50%
    UnknownGamer1994's Avatar Member

Would you like to see a delay to 2018?

Due to the fact the next installment of Assassin's Creed will be coming within the financial year of 2017-2018 (April 2017-March 2018) it could be a possible scenario that we will see the next Assassin's Creed game being released only in the first quarter of 2018.
    Would you like Ubisoft to take a few months to delay this game or a one year break was enough for you?

Personally, as much as I like to play an Assassin's Creed game this year I wouldn't mind if Ubisoft will take a few months to polish the game, extend the experience in some ways, giving us an engaging playable present day segments etc. As long as we have an idea of what we are waiting for this E3, it would be enough to keep my appetite until the game will be released

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    If that means I get a 8.5 or higher...I'm in.
     1 people found this helpful

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Well... not really. If they can't get it done in four years, I'm not particularly optimistic about the whole endeavor. I mean, I know firsthand that games can run into all kinds of setbacks that necessitate delays, but considering the fact that they broke with their annual release schedule specifically to accommodate this game, I would certainly hope they can get it out by November.
     1 people found this helpful

Unless they use the totality of the delay to do a playable md, I'm fine with just the 1 more year we had to wait. From my point of view, everything related to the past days is great, but I would way more prefer the md to be playable than just some cutscenes. That's the only thing that need to change/return, from my point of view. ^-^

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    If its in the state that AC Unity was in, in terms of framerate more importantly, YES.

I don't think it will get delayed though. I am quite confident that this game will be one of the good ones - it might not be the best, but I don't think it will flop like Unity. Although what do I know? Unity was in development for 5 years and it still had an awful story, unfinished gameplay mechanics and released in a horrible state so I have no idea.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    I think most people are generally of the opinion of "if a delay will significantly improve the game, I can wait).

But as Loyal points out, the way these games are developed, a year might not make much of a difference at this point.

To be honest, I kind of wonder even how much the new game was improved by taking 2016 off. Not to say that I think it'll be bad- personally, I've mostly enjoyed ACU and ACS. I just think it may have been more of a placebo to help with the franchise fatigue that so many complain of, rather than a delay for development. But that's just my crazy conspiracy theory.

This video explains that the problem of buggy releases has almost nothing to do with times, deadlines and other things. It's a much bigger issue than what some of us think about.

Ubisoft haven't announced a release date yet.

In any case, given that Ubiisoft is in danger of being bought out by Vivendi they need a sure thing to assure their shareholders. They don't have a bigger gun than AC. That movie was surprisingly successful commercially which proved the strength of the brand.

So I would be quite surprised if Ubisoft decided to take longer time.

They took a year off for 2016 but they had the movie. They really do have to go forward.
     2 people found this helpful

ModernWaffle's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post

This video explains that the problem of buggy releases has almost nothing to do with times, deadlines and other things. It's a much bigger issue than what some of us think about.

Ubisoft haven't announced a release date yet.

In any case, given that Ubiisoft is in danger of being bought out by Vivendi they need a sure thing to assure their shareholders. They don't have a bigger gun than AC. That movie was surprisingly successful commercially which proved the strength of the brand.
    That was quite a useful video, hadn't seen the problem of buggy releases in that light before. But the point about Vivendi makes a lot of sense, especially as the latter said they were going into the 'second phase' in their plans for the Ubisoft takeover this year. Plus, it's better to release a game in fall rather the first quarter of the year so just another reason why I can't see them going for Q1 release.

Personally wouldn't want it to come out early 2018 anyway, can't enjoy a new AC just before the exam period.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    Well... not really. If they can't get it done in four years, I'm not particularly optimistic about the whole endeavor. I mean, I know firsthand that games can run into all kinds of setbacks that necessitate delays, but considering the fact that they broke with their annual release schedule specifically to accommodate this game, I would certainly hope they can get it out by November.
    It depends on the company, I guess.

See, after the relatively "warm" reaction after the first demo and the need for that game to rock, Naughty Dog decided to delay Uncharted 4 and now Rockstar did the same with Red Dead Redemption 2.

Helforsite's Avatar Member
    Now with RDR2 being released in Spring 2018 and Vivendi looming over them, I see no way that the next AC is getting delayed to 2018.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►