Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses : Valkyrie

This edition of "R6 Community Discusses" will focus on the operator VALKYRIE. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

So let's discuss Valkyrie:

Link to Valkyrie Operator Information HERE
    Valkyrie Wiki

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    11.) What change, if any, would you make to this operator for better balance in the game?

+Any videos showcasing strategies or highlights are welcome!

Thanks in advance to all who share!

Links to our past discussions can be found here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ses-All-Topics

1 people found this helpful

1) Support/Information gathering.
    2) 3 additional custom placed cameras can give a team the edge. A perfect example was a few hours ago when Black Dragons Nesk was going ham with the run-outs on Consulate with a camera outside garage during the Semi-Finals i think.
    3) MPX - Holo, Comp, Foregrip ; D50 - Laser ; C4 (In my opinion)
    4) Anything map/game-mode. Extra cameras that are well placed will always help.
    5) Nothing really. She is a strong pick regardless of site or map.
    6) Pulse and Jager. Having a skilled Jager with his powerful weapon can decimate teams as is, borderline OP when used well with good Valkyrie cameras.. Enemies won't know what hit them with the DPS of Jagers rifle and the information given to the Jager by the cameras. (Bandit works as well in the exact same way as Jager, only change being Bandit can C4 from below using Valkyrie cameras)
    7) IQ and anyone with a good eye to spot the cameras
    8) Place the cameras in trees and try to be as unpredictable with the camera placement as possible.
    9) Learn maps and potential camera spots. Have multiple potential spots per map so you can add variety to your placement of cameras. Unpredictability is key to keep the cams alive and extending your ability to use them.
    10) Fantastic operator, if she had an ACOG i'd use her far more often. Since i'm not a huge fan of the other sights in the game. Very powerful operator if used correctly.
    11) Give her an ACOG but that would probably make her OP. Other than that i think she is perfectly balanced as is.
     3 people found this helpful

Thank you for your feedback LordChankasHere!

Do you always throw a camera outside? I know many Valks will throw one out as soon as action phase starts, but I personally try to find a more effective placement inside.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Thank you for your feedback LordChankasHere!

Do you always throw a camera outside? I know many Valks will throw one out as soon as action phase starts, but I personally try to find a more effective placement inside.
    I typically do. One outside and two covering main entry-points/key areas of the map.

For example, when i'm defending Hereford basement, i like to have one somewhere near Ladder, one near/in projector room and my last outside. Since two cams are covering two main entry points to basement. And the third one is outside providing additional information to any of my teammates who feel like running out, and of course just general information gathering.

I like having the cam outside in this case because i like to play lockers a lot, and knowing when they are about to be opened up is great so i don't get caught off guard by it.

Not friendly for newcomers; requires map knowledge not only for cam placement, but also for where not to get shot from while eyeing cameras. One of the best team oriented players on Siege when used right. Wish cams had thermal vision though.

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    Intel & utility (can roam or hold a site both are viable with Valk).

2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    As long as people dont scan spam then you are golden. Call outs are vital.

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    No Brainer IMO, MPX with holo, and C4.

I think all of them, however if I was to pick a best game mode bomb.

I dont think Valk does.

Due to the gadget being intel then all operators work with Valk, I think her ability slightly reduces a need for pulse.

IQ and in a way a good twitch player.

On a site 1 cam on 1 main route another cam on a secondary route (where they have heavy operator traffic but that comes from experience) and one above the site. Sit in a normally low traffic room near 2 of the 3 cams and call out and if possible get a kill.

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    For a new player map knowledge is key.

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    Top tear in the same standard as Jager and Rook.

11.) What change, if any, would you make to this operator for better balance in the game?
    Maybe a toggle scan option. So the Valk player can disable scanning on cameras. Also an Operator override, what I mean by this. When in game some dead players just sit on a camera so you cant turn or use the camera to look around and these dead players may even be afk. Any alive player should be able to take over control.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    This edition of "R6 Community Discusses" will focus on the operator VALKYRIE. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

So let's discuss Valkyrie:

Link to Valkyrie Operator Information HERE
    Valkyrie Wiki

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is this operatorís primary or ideal role in the team?
    2) The operatorís gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    3) The operatorís loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.

+Any videos showcasing strategies or highlights are welcome!

Thanks in advance to all who share!

Links to our past discussions can be found here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ses-All-Topics

Don't forget about my camera guides

http://www.youtube.com/kildor2000

and

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...amera-guide(s)

Originally Posted by Kildor.Nova Go to original post
    Yeah Ill agree with that some very creative spots on them.
     2 people found this helpful

11. I think she needs another camera. Some might say I am crazy but I was not here on the 4 cam days. I think is would also be a buff to IQ increasing her pic rate. Her gun also needs some work. Her MPX has a little to much recoil for console and does not actually do that much damage. People say it shoots like a laser but thats mostly pc players. The MP5 does more damage and is more accurate. I am not really a fan of the SPAS and might like it more if Valk. had a better sidearm. The DEagle is only good for one thing in my opinion and that's making holes in walls for cams, it just sucks as a sidearm. I wish she had a real sidearm choice and also impacts. Impacts grenades would make improve her ability to put Valk cams on special places. An alternative to giveing her another sidearm would be putting sights on the DEagle. All DEagles come with a sight rail and since its not really a sidearm (I mean its not practical at all) you should be able to put a reflex or a red dot on it.

Originally Posted by Kildor.Nova Go to original post

I'd definitely recommend checking out Killdor's videos for anyone looking to spice up their camera strats.

Originally Posted by HUNTER7KILLER Go to original post
    11. I think she needs another camera. Some might say I am crazy but I was not here on the 4 cam days. I think is would also be a buff to IQ increasing her pic rate. Her gun also needs some work. Her MPX has a little to much recoil for console and does not actually do that much damage. People say it shoots like a laser but thats mostly pc players. The MP5 does more damage and is more accurate. I am not really a fan of the SPAS and might like it more if Valk. had a better sidearm. The DEagle is only good for one thing in my opinion and that's making holes in walls for cams, it just sucks as a sidearm. I wish she had a real sidearm choice and also impacts. Impacts grenades would make improve her ability to put Valk cams on special places. An alternative to giveing her another sidearm would be putting sights on the DEagle. All DEagles come with a sight rail and since its not really a sidearm (I mean its not practical at all) you should be able to put a reflex or a red dot on it.
    Thanks for the feedback HUNTER7KILLER, any ideas for another sidearm option you'd like to see for her?

Originally Posted by cheeserush Go to original post
    As long as people dont scan spam then you are golden. Call outs are vital.

Maybe a toggle scan option. So the Valk player can disable scanning on cameras. Also an Operator override, what I mean by this. When in game some dead players just sit on a camera so you cant turn or use the camera to look around and these dead players may even be afk. Any alive player should b
    Even if Valkyrie is the only player using a mic, call outs are absolutely key to getting the most out of her cams. Highly recommended.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►