jpitt82's Avatar Junior Member
    I'm very excited about this. These 80s packs are great. And "Take it on the Run" is the first song I ever played live in front of a crowd (With 3AM by Matchbox 20 - sans capo - Which Rocksmith helped me learn). About 150 people at a joint Christmas party. I was absolutely terrified.

While I wasn't talented enough to learn the solo note for note, it is very fun, and surprisingly accessible. I'm looking forward to learning it 100%. It's been a while since I've played it.

Uncle Dead1y's Avatar Member
    This track is not for me, but I have high hopes for the others, Im sure there'll be at least one I'll like.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Uncle Dead1y Go to original post
    This track is not for me, but I have high hopes for the others, Im sure there'll be at least one I'll like.
    Respectfully, baffled how you can be hopeful of other tracks (meaning you like 80s songs) not look forward to this one. You obviously like guitar or you wouldn't be here. :-). Not saying it should be your favorite and you should be doing cartwheels, but as mentioned it's one of the finest guitar solos ever in a pop song. (not opinion, it's science!)

I'm not a big fan of REO by any stretch, but this is a huge 'get' for RS.
     1 people found this helpful

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thxphotog Go to original post
    Respectfully, baffled how you can be hopeful of other tracks (meaning you like 80s songs) not look forward to this one. You obviously like guitar or you wouldn't be here. :-). Not saying it should be your favorite and you should be doing cartwheels, but as mentioned it's one of the finest guitar solos ever in a pop song. (not opinion, it's science!)

I'm not a big fan of REO by any stretch, but this is a huge 'get' for RS.
    I'm with Uncle Deadly. This tune is just waaay too 80's pop for my taste, but since variety packs usually have at least one song that I like I'm optimistic about the other choices. King Crimson was big in the 80's (not a band request)

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    This is one of those songs that I'm sure I've heard a zillion times but couldn't place off the top of my head. After listening to it, it does sound like fun. That solo is pretty powerful. I will wait and see what else is in the pack before deciding on it.

I'm a huge fan of mixed packs and I'm a HUGE fan of '80's mixed packs. This one's off to a great start!
     2 people found this helpful

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    80's pack, hope springs anew!

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    two words: Geddy Lee
    Hey, I take a.......

You're right, and that's coming from a die hard Rush fan!

MartynQ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Dantte2002 Go to original post
    How did "A Lucas prime" get to 521?
    A Lucas prime is a Lucas number that happens to be prime. 521 is an example. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_number

Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    Gary Richrath .. in his heyday ... is one of my guitar heros. His performance on Live You Get What You Play For and Hi Infidelity are still among my favorite guitar works. Just fantastic front to back. Not a bad song on either album.

FTR, I like Kevin Cronins voice, so I guess each their own. I like Neil Young too. And Bob Seger. I guess they sing sort of off key, but somehow it works for me .. I guess kinda like Bob Dylan it is not so much the quality but maybe the soul.
    Have to say I agree with you. I have requested a lot of Neil Young, Bob Seger, Have bought all the Bob Dylan and would throw Willie Nelson into the mix too..lol. I don't like even like country but I like old Willie Nelson.