DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

Rocksmith on iOS: Official Feedback Thread

Hi everybody. The iOS edition of Rocksmith has been in development for a long time, and the soft launch in Canada is just the beginning. We are eager to hear what you think so we can continue to update the app, squash bugs, and generally improve things as it evolves.

I would ask, however, that you not use this thread to offer feedback on an app you haven't played yet! While it's currently only available in some regions, we're really looking for experience-based feedback so we can hear what you like after you've tried it, what you don't like after you've tried it, and details about any issues you're experiencing with the app.

The devs have been working on this for some time, so you can imagine they really want to hear from you! Please use this thread to share your thoughts, bug reports, suggestions, and whatever comes to mind after you've given it a try. Thanks!

Just spent about 30 minutes playing bass on Amazing Grace in Riff Repeater. The arrangement is more challenging than I anticipated!

Connected with a Peavey Ampkit Link through headphone/microphone jack on iPad AIr. I was afraid my output level wouldn't be high enough but I got through initialization OK (playing Fender Standard Jazz bass with Dimarzio Model J pickups).

Everything went OK. It is easier to change the Riff Repeater settings on the iPad than on PC. Only downside I had is the reflective iPad screen is annoying, but that does not have anything to do with Rocksmith.

The menu changes and load times are quick and overall the app met expectations! Thank you for this portable way to play Rocksmith.

ZagatoZee's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by bfors Go to original post
    Just spent about 30 minutes playing bass on Amazing Grace in Riff Repeater. .....
    The preview videos in this article - http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/05/16/ub...ocksmith-ipad/ - make it look like the ios version has terrible latency, did you experience this, or do you just think it is an artefact of the process of recording from an iPad?

Can't wait until it is more widely available.

I'm guessing DLC isn't transferable as the iOS app is part of the Apple ecosystem rather than the Steam ecosystem?

http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/icons/icon9.png

I tried it out, I usually use my ipad with my amp to play with pedals, Rocksmith did not like this setup too much noise. So I swiitch to ipan and headsets.

First I used an iRig HD which has no headset output and plugged my Bose headset into the headphone jack of my ipad air......no sound thru the headset. Also tried bluetooth but the sound was not available to my bt headsets.

I also have an original iRig which takes a headset - success! no latency here.
    Now the megag question - Do I need to buy all of my songs over again?

The audio seems to be out of sync in the http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/05/16/ub...ocksmith-ipad/ video.

I could not detect any latency in my play testing. The Peavey interface I'm using is analog and works in Garageband. But it does introduce noticeable hiss into the guitar signal.

I'm assuming there is some latency caused by the app/iPad processing but it is not noticeable.

ZagatoZee's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by bfors Go to original post
    The audio seems to be out of sync in the http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/05/16/ub...ocksmith-ipad/ video.

I could not detect any latency in my play testing. The Peavey interface I'm using is analog and works in Garageband. But it does introduce noticeable hiss into the guitar signal.

I'm assuming there is some latency caused by the app/iPad processing but it is not noticeable.
    Awesome, thank you, hope for a good user experience restored..

It is pretty sad that the publication that gets to break the news on the topic posts videos that makes users think it'd be unplayable as a latency monster - and refer to Rocksmith as Rockband in their article.

Originally Posted by imfuraisoth Go to original post
    I'm guessing DLC isn't transferable as the iOS app is part of the Apple ecosystem rather than the Steam ecosystem?
    Correct -- that's in the FAQ, but it's the same as all other platforms. To use the infamous fast food analogy: Even though McDonald's and Burger King might both serve Coca-Cola, you can't go to Burger King and get a refill for your McDonald's cup.

Originally Posted by Spinner6969 Go to original post
    Do I need to buy all of my songs over again?
    The iOS library is smaller than the console library (being a day old!) but your existing purchases do not transfer because Apple does not honor purchases from Sony, Microsoft, or Valve's stores. Please check out the FAQ for more details.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    The iOS library is smaller than the console library (being a day old!) but your existing purchases do not transfer because Apple does not honor purchases from Sony, Microsoft, or Valve's stores. Please check out the FAQ for more details.
    Thats too bad I was hoping to use it outdoors this summer with my headphones, To duplicate my library would be very expensive. Guess for new users it will be a good place to start. I will not be using it and will stick with rocsmith on my iMac.

Nice interface and Good luck with it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►