Dragonteeth-SE's Avatar Member

DLC Forum Discussion

This could be some kind of rage thread, but it's not.
    It's more thought through than that.

I replied to a question regarding if a specific Aerosmith song was in the game.
    I dug up the link to the Aerosmith DLC and checked which of the games another specific song was on.
    Just to make the reply as informative as possible, hell, I even linked a video to the song asked about just for kicks.
    I helped out, just like the help I'd like to get myself in a GOOD forum.

The next part I don't get though.
    I started to question the songs in the DLC, out of my own preference ofc and was hoping for future packs.
    And somehow, that means that I broke some stupid *** rule and wished for THREE complete albums.
    ARE. YOU KIDDING. ME?

Because, that's the only way I can interpret the comment leading to locking the thread.

I get that people have different views on stuff, but it can never get this stupif if you want a thriving community?!
    Especially this forum has a strange way of showing appreciation when it's members are voicing their opinions. And it's been this way since I joined a few years back. The reason why I would even write something like this, is because I like the game and every friday is great because we get to guess the next weeks DLC. This is what is done right when compared to a lot of others. Moderators though, official or not, act like stuck up *** hats sometimes. Seriously, we can't even HELP OUT with the songs without being locked down.

You know, if I could delete my UBI-account.. I would. Stuff like this pisses me off.
    I wouldn't really wanna support this kind of service. But then I can't play the games.
    I guess not participating here is the only way.

Oh, and writing this. Criticism.
    But this would probably get deleted or locked.
    It would in Russia.
     1 people found this helpful

I get that there's a request page, but what's the harm in a thread discussing what we'd like to see in the game? It isn't "informative", but it's fun, and not at all disruptive.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    The moderators are very quick about shutting down any thread that looks like it could turn into a mass dlc request thread. Apparently when the forums for Rocksmith started, they had threads that were nothing but DLC requests, and the forums became too bogged down with that and it became difficult to have a meaningful or productive conversation about actual dlc. They implemented the request app and banned anything that looked like requests in order to keep the forums from getting overrun. I say apparently, because I started using the forums after this rule was implemented. If you want to talk about music that you like, or that inspires you(just no requests), there are plenty of threads in the General section.

I agree that a little more leeway could be made when discussing upcoming artist packs, but I can see how a thread like that could easily turn from "These are the songs we licensed, please check them out!" into "We hate these songs, you should feel bad for even licensing those songs when we clearly want THESE songs." A balance must be struck between an informative and promotional post about new dlc, and the fans being able to discuss that artist and their work.

Originally Posted by thequickmind Go to original post
    The moderators are very quick about shutting down any thread that looks like it could turn into a mass dlc request thread. Apparently when the forums for Rocksmith started, they had threads that were nothing but DLC requests, and the forums became too bogged down with that and it became difficult to have a meaningful or productive conversation about actual dlc. They implemented the request app and banned anything that looked like requests in order to keep the forums from getting overrun. I say apparently, because I started using the forums after this rule was implemented. If you want to talk about music that you like, or that inspires you(just no requests), there are plenty of threads in the General section.

I agree that a little more leeway could be made when discussing upcoming artist packs, but I can see how a thread like that could easily turn from "These are the songs we licensed, please check them out!" into "We hate these songs, you should feel bad for even licensing those songs when we clearly want THESE songs." A balance must be struck between an informative and promotional post about new dlc, and the fans being able to discuss that artist and their work.
    The worst part is it seems you can't even discuss music you like or that inspires you without being accused of the worst of offenses (making a request away from the request page).

Yes I believe the mods are far too aggressive about this and some of the community with the back seat moderating really don't help.

They don't want this to turn into a request forum. That's why there are forum rules. And FAQs. And official Blogs.

Sounds like you want the independent forum over on reddit.

This is their house, their rules.

Originally Posted by CreativityFails Go to original post
    The worst part is it seems you can't even discuss music you like or that inspires you without being accused of the worst of offenses (making a request away from the request page).

Yes I believe the mods are far too aggressive about this and some of the community with the back seat moderating really don't help.
    People talk about that stuff in the general forum, this the DLC forum.

The same moderator took offense with something I wrote a while back and then in a private message, accused me of "flaming him." I really think this person should not be allowed to continue in this role, but that is just my personal opinion.

Originally Posted by dallasdave22 Go to original post
    People talk about that stuff in the general forum, this the DLC forum.
    Yeah and I'm sure the mods are far less aggressive there. It's fine. I get it. We're just going to pretend there isn't a problem with how the mods/admins communicate with the community.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by dallasdave22 Go to original post
    They don't want this to turn into a request forum. That's why there are forum rules. And FAQs. And official Blogs.

Sounds like you want the independent forum over on reddit.

This is their house, their rules.
    And that's a fair assessment.

Is there any harm in opening a single thread dedicated to "fantasy booking" DLC (pardon the pro wrestling jargon), and stickying it?

I feel that there's enough info on this forum alone, along with the mods and those regular users who are willing to help, that it's pretty hard at this point to either: 1) not know that there's a Request page; and/or 2) know that said thread is not the place to make formal requests.

Of course there are always going to be exceptions, but generally speaking, anybody who comes on here posting a request is quickly made aware of the existence of the Request page (I keep typing "App" first).

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    The brain trust has put together an idea for how to address this stuff. Stand by for a new thread.

Edit: New thread posted here with hopefully a resolution to this issue. Thanks for the conversation, all.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    The brain trust has put together an idea for how to address this stuff. Stand by for a new thread.

Edit: New thread posted here with hopefully a resolution to this issue. Thanks for the conversation, all.