Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses : Frost

This edition of "R6 Community Discusses" will focus on the operator FROST. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

So let's discuss Frost:

Link to Frost Operator Information HERE
    Frost Wiki

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is this operatorís primary or ideal role in the team?
    2) The operatorís gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    3) The operatorís loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    11.) What change, if any, would you make to this operator for better balance in the game?

Thanks in advance to all who share!

Links to our past discussions can be found here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ses-All-Topics

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    I'll just explain all in one.
    Her role is to bait and trap operators who do a last minute rush or doesn't pay attention to their footing. She does good on any map with a window and do bad on maps with long narrow halways.
    Her weakness is Glaz due to not being able to hide
     2 people found this helpful

For those of you who don't know, Feffrey plays a mean Frost.

Thanks for posting Feff, interested in sharing any of your highlights with us?

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    For those of you who don't know, Feffrey plays a mean Frost.

Thanks for posting Feff, interested in sharing any of your highlights with us?
    Sure don't forget to double frost trap lol

1) Being a pain in the *** just because the fact that attackers know that there is Frost. Why? - Because her traps can be anywhere and this slows attackers overall because they need to be more attentive or it's the matter of time when they fall into a trap.
    2) Nothing to share here, gadget is obvious for it's purposes and there are no any tricks because of it's size. Except the fact that you can place it in some dark places or at floors above the objective where nobody will expect that there might be traps. Placing it behind the shield isn't working for like half of a year already because everyone already know about this combination.
    3) Loadout is very cheap. Her main gun needs more attachments. For me, silencer is the only option on her gun because without it you barely can see anything because of fire flashes. Extended barrel makes recoil pattern extremely awful and you barely can see anythng because of early described reason. Angled grip is a must have just because your hand won't block alot of vision, but not because it's needed for fast ADS time. Her pistol is the best of all in this game for me. I perform with it better than with most of other operators primaries. It has balanced and pretty heavy damage, nice arming timing and good "aim back to starting position" timing after shooting. This pistol and bad machine gun are the reason why I use her shotgun in 99% cases. Super 90 is completely ok, nothing more to say here. Barbed Wire and Shield are ok too but I'd prefer impact grenades just to finish those who got in the trap faster or from below etc.
    4) Performs ok on every map. Max effectiveness at hostage mode obviously.
    5) Can't say she struggles anywhere. Good pick in any game mode and on any map. There are some situations where attacking operator can jump over the trap which is right beneath the window. That's the only weakness.
    6) Caveira for easy interrogation. Jager for blocking grenades which were meant to destroy traps. Others synergise well just because everyone can hear that someone got in the trap so they can go and make easy kill.
    7) Those who has frag grenades of Fuze, because they can destroy traps from safe positions.
    8) Welcome mats beneath breachable hatches. Works perfect at Oregon basement. Once hatch is open it leaves alot of trash beneath so trap remains almost unseen.
    9) For new ones - don't place traps at open areas or beneath doors and don't try to "camouflage" them as you think it might look like a regular mat from anteroom - that works only against extremely bad players, - you don't need to waste a gadget for them if they're that bad. Veteran part of this question is always useless - veterans already know what to do with stuff in the game - stop asking that question.
    10) Operator is good overall but extremely dumb in my opinion. Frost is effective but not interesting for me - you can check my profile and look for her place among defenders chart. I completely agree with her position there.
    11) Complete set of attachments for her main gun. Impact grenades instead of barbed wire.

PS: please revise IQ's G8 MG at least once - that gun needs more attachments and buff.
    PPS: please reboot/refresh your servers - game is unplayable for 2 weeks right now on every data center. We, players, don't want to wait for another big deployment patch just to have an opportunity to normally play the game with adequate lag compensation and hit registration.

So my first post from memory as im bored at work.. lol

Frost is by far my favourite defensive player and having only relatively recently started playing the game (month or so) I would highly recommend her as a good start up character if you're learning the game, my aim isn't as good as a lot of the kids around these days so I get a good percentage of kills and assists with the traps. When playing with my son and his mates (Golds and Plats) I am always asked to go frost due to the high success rate I get with the traps (for this reason I can play with really competitive lads even when im simply a low silver player), utilize the surroundings such as dark floors or patches of debris (Favela is a great map for this), place them under hatches (very rarely do people look directly down through them), tuck them behind any shield (even the most random shields generate trap kills or hits) I have to say the only maps I struggle with her is maps like Bank, Kanal, Kafe Dostoyevski and Hereford. That being said on secure obj on Bank (Lockers) she is invaluable with a shield/double trap I have a fantastic success rate. Kafe and Hereford are hindered by wide hallways and good lighting usually. Kanal there is simply too many windows to efficiently cover them in fairness.

As an attacker (jager excepted for spawn peak reasons) I hate frost, the amount of times a really random trap has got me, usually around Obj I look for them but its a sucker punch when its a 1v4 situation or something and as you stealthily round a corner or doorway get done in a trap and suffer the humiliation of the opposition coming over to tea bag and knife you lol..

The benefit of Frost (and indeed kapkan) is even if you do happen to be put out early, some good strategic traps can win matches for you and your team mates very easily. I have had rounds where I have died really early and then got triple trap catches in the dying moments of the game and won rounds from it..

For these reasons Frost is one of my Fav characters.. But like all characters there is maps where you can utilize her well and maps where she isn't as efficient..
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    Sure don't forget to double frost trap lol
    The first trap catch bait for the second player to go over to revive only to be caught in the second literally makes me laugh my head off every time! lol

phatt0n's Avatar Member
    1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team? None, her traps don't do anything - downs them and that's it.... more of a risk going hunting to kill the downed operator. Ideally if they are downed in the frost trap after 10 seconds they should die instead of the bleed out timer - makes them more useful.
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion. See answer above.
    3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets. Rarely use her to see loadout, her machine gun is decent.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on? Hereford does well
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on? Plane (traps stand out a mile)
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team? Cav - interrogate once enemy is trapped
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator? Any with a gun to shoot the traps.
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why? Stay near the traps to kill the enemy, double trap to stop rescue attempt.
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step? Place frost traps in random locations they work better!
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators? Low rank - many more operators better than Frost.
    11.) What change, if any, would you make to this operator for better balance in the game? Frost traps that kill after a 10 second downed time.

1. Mind games and confusion operator. You can even throw in a distractor.
    2. Last laugh and "eliminate when not alive". Objective protection in case attackers get in the objective, indicators of where attackers are (a welcome mat injure pretty much guarantees the attackers' location since they would not be split out, unless an attacking team runs this tactic).
    3. Use the 9mm C1, reflex, angled grip and suppressor if you want. I use the suppressor nearly all the time except in House and Kanal. Gadgets depend on your choice.
    4. All modes. All maps.
    5. None.
    6. All. I do not see how she can be a bad operator for the team with either operators.
    7. The only counter is the players' mind and awareness. It is simple, just look down and check for traps. Any operators that have explosive material can destroy her mats.
    8. Lots. I sometimes deploy all of my welcome mats. If I know enemy is using Jackal, I'll keep one with me and deploy it if I get tracked, how and where I will not share cause I don't like giving my tactics out. If it is hostage, I am deploying 2 around the hostage and 1 with me. I use the suppressor a lot on her 9mm C1 and do stealth roaming with her. There are some areas on certain maps where I death trap the whole area such as the tellers area in consulate, always guaranteed an injure there. I also place welcome mats on random locations where I think attackers would come. Though this depends on the objective. Not giving too much tactics here.
    9. Please do not place a welcome mat behind a shield, unless you are defending nearby. Too predictable. Do not use her super 90, unless ubisoft can fix hit detection and shotguns' efficiency, high risk of you losing an easy gunfight. Use the suppressor if you wish on her 9mm C1 because it is crazily good.
    10. 11/10! The cutest operator in the game!!! But she is also one of the most flexible, depending on how the player is thinking and playing. At first I struggled with her, but now I cannot let her go when it is clutch time and real time. I have 3 aces with her, 2nd most behind Hibana, 2 with the suppressed 9mm c1 and 1 with the super 90 but I got them mainly because of moving around. She is perfect for me as a defender. Just remove her backpack!!! And give her a new uniform!!! Oh and that vacation headgear is just hot on her!!!
    11. In terms of balancing, speed is fine... but her gadget needs to be able to get placed on some areas, LIKE GEISHA ROOM in SKYSCRAPER. I wish that she has the option to place traps under objects although this could be really OP and unfair. I just wish she had nitro cell instead of deployable shield. I cant really ask for more cause I do not see any problems with her, I just wish her nitro cell is back or impact grenades. Although, I would like to know why she does not have compensator,flash hider and muzzle brake on her smg.

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone! Great to see that Frost gets such high marks from many of you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►