Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Clubhouse

This discussion will focus on the map Clubhouse. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

For this edition we will discuss Clubhouse.

Link to Clubhouse Info HERE
    Clubhouse Wiki
    Rainbow Six Complete Guide

Below are some discussion points we would like to see responses on from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this map. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is the best area of the map for defenders/attackers?
    2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    3) The camera placement, how well is the map covered by defender cameras?
    4) Objective placements, which is your favorite location? Least favorite?
    5) Which game modes do you prefer on this map?
    6) Spawn locations, yay or nay on the current locations?
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently?
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?

Thanks in advance to everyone who participates!

Links to our past discussions can be found here:

R6 Discusses - All Topics

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    The only problem with this map is that upstairs camera next to bedroom. Completely useless
     1 people found this helpful

Club house

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post

[...]

2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?

[...]

R6 Discusses - All Topics
    1) Best spots for defenders (Secure Area) are in my opinion Arsenal Room and Bedroom. It depends on their spot where I spawn as attacker, but I spawn mostly at Construction site, because you can take the kitchen very fast. In the kitchen you can fuze the Arsenal room and open one trap door.

2) ATTACKERS: I'd take Hibana, Ash, Fuze, Thermite, Thatcher or Montagne. Those Operaors are really good on this map.
    Ash is really fast and has a small hitbox. You can rush the enemies and take them down by surprise. Hibana is basically a second Ash, expect her gadget. She can open reinforced trap doors and walls. Fuze: You can fuze nearly every spot with his gadget, what makes him really good on this map. Thermite can open big holes in reinforced walls. He is very useful for the Garage spot. Montagne: You can push with him hallways and stairs very good, since the map is very CQC based. Thatcher is nearly on every map a must-have, because you can destroy enemies gadgets with an EMP grenade.

DEFENDERS: Those operators are basically very good on this map. Jäger, Bandit, Doc, Rook, Smoke, Caveira, Valkyrie. It depends on your playstyle but Valkyrie+Caveira is a very good team since there are a lot of spots to flank the enemies from the outside. Jäger and Bandit have very good weapons for CQC and very useful gadgets. You can save lifes with Jägers gadget. when you across to Fuze or other grenades. Smoke has one of the best rifles. His SMG-11/Shotgun are beasts in CQC and his MP is very good for long ranges since it is very precise and has literally no recoil. You can slow down enemies (especially Montagne) with his gadget. With Doc and Rook you can save lifes and you have lots of armor when it comes to CQC. Theirs MP5 is very controllable, so you can give headshots very easily.

3) They're well balanced in my opinion.

4) My favorite locations are Bedroom and Arsenal Room. You can hold those very good. My least favorite is Bar and Garage. Those are very hard to hold especially when the enemies have Thatcher/Thermite/Fuze

5) I prefer Secure Area and Hostage.

6) I think they're very good balanced and you can take down spawn peekers very easily.

7) Maybe a bit slower and more cautious. But that's all.

8) It looks really cool in my opinion and is definitively something different.

9) A lot. Fuze spots, flank spots, trap doors, ... For example: You can flank the enemies from Cashroom when they try to take Bedroom.
    Caveira is with her shotgun also very dangerous.

10) I think it is one of the best and most fun maps. I'd say 8/10
     2 people found this helpful

snoopyau's Avatar Junior Member
    Gday
    This would be one of the WORST maps in Terrorist Hunt mode (I don't play PVP online)

In bar/pool room on the main floor is always filled with loads of nitro cells ,
    yet explodie and enemy's can walk thou it no worries

What I have noticed on ALL maps is Rainbow six Siege is HELD BACK to do
    focusing TH/PVP on ONE building

I cant shake the feeling that existing the same base maps that ubisoft could
    expand this game so much using the existing data assets/maps , just with
    some more gameplay modes and less focus on the 1 building thing

Defenders: Bedroom because of the limited entrances
    Attackers: Bar because it is so open
    Good Attackers: Ash, Buck, and Thermite because of the large amount of destructible walls.
    Bad Attackers: Twitch, I always get my drone shot because I can't seem to find any good hiding spots for it.
    Good Defenders: Frost, and Kapkan because of the large amount of small corridors and doors.
    Bad Defenders: Mute and Bandit because of the large amount of destructible walls.
    The cams are very good on this map, except I can't ever seem to get a good vantage point on some bits of garage.
    My favorite room is Bedroom because it has lots of easily guarded choke points.
    My least favorite is Bar because there are too many angles for 5 people to watch.
    Secure area and Hostage.
    They're fine.
    It made me use more Frost and Kapkan
    It's fine, except we could do with 1-2 less hallways leading to the bar.
    Look out for Frost/Kapkan traps. This map is very shadowy, and it is easy to miss the traps in some locations.
    9/10, only maps I like better are Border and House.

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by xLegacy_ Go to original post
    10) I think it is one of the best and most fun maps. I'd say 8/10
    Originally Posted by snoopyau Go to original post
    Gday
    This would be one of the WORST maps in Terrorist Hunt mode (I don't play PVP online)
    It's interesting to see such differing ratings, I guess the game mode really factors in on Clubhouse.

Originally Posted by Lord-Tachanka. Go to original post
    Look out for Frost/Kapkan traps. This map is very shadowy, and it is easy to miss the traps in some locations.
    9/10, only maps I like better are Border and House.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and tips with us Lord!

Good map but you don't get to use all of it.

I really enjoy defending the strip club position but it is only available on hostage. It would be great if it was made available on secure area as well.

1. Attackers: Anywhere except strip club. Defenders: All except bar, strip club and cash room
    2. All operators on attack. On defense, all operators but Frost is just in a league of her own here if used smartly.
    3. Not bad. But I would say cash room needs a camera nearby at least. That location is too hard to defend and almost demands a Valkyrie to be competitive.
    4. Favourite: All except strip club. My goodness, that location is just horrible for attacking and defending.
    5. Any, but hostage locations need to be changed. I propose cash room removed and strip club removed. Replace them with Garage and Bar. Place the hostage in the center in garage and same for bar.
    6. Construction site needs to be removed, it is too dangerous even though I have not been spawnkilled there. Spawn the attackers on the roof of the main building would be a good fix.
    7. Nope. But on terrorist hunt this is one of the worst maps. Although I use the agile playstyle always in terrorist hunt but this is one if the worst especially if the enemy traps you.
    8. Good and big. Not small. Love it, just change the hostage location that I stated because either it is too attack or defend..
    9. Use the roofs to your advantage as attackers... Drone before you enter and try to dominate the flanks before the center areas... Best defender for this map in my opinion is Frost, only if used smartly and if you can master the silencer on her gun... as defenders, do not try to go outside unless perfectly sure because I won lots of 1 v 4 battles mainly because defenders kept on going outside and I was on the roof. Seriously.. defenders better stay inside..
    10. 9/10 all bcause of strip club and cash room. Cash room is too easy to attack while strip club is almost the same but favors both sides. If objective is in strip club, whichever team can eliminate important operators first will have an easy path. Thermite or Hibana is a must if you want something along with Thatcher. Otherwise, I might as well just take a drink from the bar. Same goes with defensive team, Mute or Bandit is a must if you want a proper defense but if the attackers have thatcher, you must defender the corridors. It normally goes like this, if attackers have thatcher, no one is countering that unless they bandit trick. If attackers have Twitch, mute renders her completely useless if jammers are placed properly. So regardless, if you want to be perfect in defending, you must have Bandit and Mute and be smart. Attackers just need Thatcher and that is it.. defenders will have to bandit trick if they really want a perfect defense and if the attackers have Thatcher. Other than that, the map is fun and lots of tactics can be done. And do something about construction site spawn.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok..I have to ask..is it just me or should Zoro give his answers up front? No worries, I wont take it as 'insider information'..just give us your opinion so we can at least have a chance helping a brother out. After all..you are part of the community

I love this freaking map btw. TnT is all you need, so if you're ever the 2v5..bring Thatch-n-Therm (or Monty and Sledge).

Cams-b-gone action for this map starts at 2:33 seconds. (Your welcome).

Everything from cash room to church is just incredibly fun to play. Either side..doesn't matter..it's a freaking blast. This is 'the try to have fun no matter what' map and to this day we have fun no matter what. Your choices from blowing everything, bring Mira or Monty, fast or slow, attacking or defending.. Cover and Control is where this maps thresholds are. Gotta have that or its nite-nite time.

The best objective to hold as defenders would be Chruch and Aresnal. After that would be Bar and Stock Room. Then, Bedroom and Gym. The worst one to choose would be CCTV Room and Cash Room.
    Attackers would easily win if they chose one of not as good objectives such as Cash Room. Very easy to clean out.

You will need Hibana on this map for sure, because when they choose Church and Aresnal, you will need to be opening all 3 hatches. The Stock Room hatch, The Bar Hatch, and the Kitchen Hatch. This is going to make taking that site a whole lot easier with attackers. If Hibana and/or Thermite dies, without getting those open, your chances in winning has dropped massively.
    Valkyrie is a pretty good pick, many good cam spots, and you want as much intel as you want. Pulse is nice to have, because he can deny kitchen to the attackers. He will use his sensor from below Kitchen, in Aresnal,and nitro cell Hibana or Thermite through the floor and hopefully one less hatch to worry about.
    There's tons of operators you can choose, but these are needed especially. But like Rook for example is good for every map, since he benefits the team. But Hibana is a oeprator you REALLY want on this map, but she ain't really needed in every map. (Depending on the objective however, you won'l need her for Bar and Stock Room or Bedroom and Gym. She is mainly used to take Church and Aresnal, which is very important since it's the best site for defenders.)

Camera placement is alright, nothing majorly bad.

Favorite Location: Curch and Aresnal
    Least Favorite: CCTV Room and Cash Room.

Bomb, Secure. I mostly play Bomb. Hostage I will never play on any map especially in ranked, because it's not really skill based completely.

All good, and if the team gets greedy on a spawn peek / rush, nice free kill. Usually prefire windows when going around the corner, and you might get a headshot.

Somewhat, nothing majorly changes, which isn't really a bad thing.

I love it, one of the better maps in this game.

What operators are important to taking which site, know all the camera placements. Try to learn where Valkyrie cams usually are located. Know which objective sites to use.

I would probably have it in the top 5. About a 8.5 to 9 out of 10.