Hope Ubi is watching Lawbringer. Seems the buff went a bit far?

I do love lawbringer and felt he was great as a disabler and did seem to need something in 1 v1. I could have just needed to get better too though. Some folks are really good with him even before the patch. Now that he has major buffs I see multiple high level lawbringers in many matches and it's frustrating.

Anyone else think it seems a bit much? I'm not sure why anyone would play the conq over lawbringer at this point besides the cheese shieldbash combo.

I don't have a high level lawbringer. So I could be crazy.
     1 people found this helpful

Ohhh god, please stop. It's getting old now. Lawbringer is fine. He's just gone from low to mid tier. He's nowhere near as strong as the Top 4.

Also, if you're going to complain about the shove light then I suggest you watch this first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOR1AsQ_gg
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Dizzy4213 Go to original post
    Ohhh god, please stop. It's getting old now. Lawbringer is fine. He's just gone from low to mid tier. He's nowhere near as strong as the Top 4.

Also, if you're going to complain about the shove light then I suggest you watch this first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOR1AsQ_gg
    Sypher actually messed up a few times in the video but even if he could react perfectly 100% of the time it doesn't prove that the move is balanced. He is a pro player and if he is one of the only players who can react to it than it is a problem.
    Tru3 did a video yesterday where he dueled someone who said that the light of gb was reactable but the guy just guessed and was wrong most of the time.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=viwCQwZAn50
    The move also promotes the defensive meta because the shove is free after a block so the lb is best off just waiting for a block. That makes his opponent not want to attack so they both have incentive to just turtle. Either the shove shouldn't be free after a block or the light shouldn't be unblockable after the shove or you shouldn't be able to gb directly after a shove. Maybe it would work for the light to get the glowing unblockable affect and be parryable.

Originally Posted by Chucky_Jones Go to original post
    Sypher actually messed up a few times in the video but even if he could react perfectly 100% of the time it doesn't prove that the move is balanced. He is a pro player and if he is one of the only players who can react to it than it is a problem.
    Tru3 did a video yesterday where he dueled someone who said that the light of gb was reactable but the guy just guessed and was wrong most of the time.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=viwCQwZAn50
    The move also promotes the defensive meta because the shove is free after a block so the lb is best off just waiting for a block. That makes his opponent not want to attack so they both have incentive to just turtle. Either the shove shouldn't be free after a block or the light shouldn't be unblockable after the shove or you shouldn't be able to gb directly after a shove. Maybe it would work for the light to get the glowing unblockable affect and be parryable.
    It's perfectly balanced. It's easily reactable and if you dodge it you can punish the Lawbringer. Can't do that with Warden because you have to guess and even if you guess right you can't punish him. The recent nerfs to him did nothing.

It does promote the defensive meta yes but that can't be helped. Ubi are trying to fix it so it won't be here for much longer. Even before the buff, Lawbringers always used to turtle because it's all they could do. God forbid he's give the ability to try and go on the offensive. Seems like when the weakest hero in the game gets a buff everyone loses their mind, but the Top 4 are perfectly fine right?

I'm just sick and tired of this mass hysteria, that Lawbringer is suddenly the most overpowered hero in the game. When it couldn't be further from the truth.
     3 people found this helpful

LB is still ****....they just gave him a spam(easy to avoid and to counter)like everyone else and its the only spam that punish the player so much

Lawbringer is still ASTONISHINGLY easy to deal with. ]

The Conqueror nerf however DID go too far. He is useless now.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Dizzy4213 Go to original post
    It's perfectly balanced. It's easily reactable and if you dodge it you can punish the Lawbringer. Can't do that with Warden because you have to guess and even if you guess right you can't punish him. The recent nerfs to him did nothing.

It does promote the defensive meta yes but that can't be helped. Ubi are trying to fix it so it won't be here for much longer. Even before the buff, Lawbringers always used to turtle because it's all they could do. God forbid he's give the ability to try and go on the offensive. Seems like when the weakest hero in the game gets a buff everyone loses their mind, but the Top 4 are perfectly fine right?

I'm just sick and tired of this mass hysteria, that Lawbringer is suddenly the most overpowered hero in the game. When it couldn't be further from the truth.
    IT'S TOO MUCH OF A REWARD FOR BLOCKING. Everyone should agree on that. Is he overpowered? No. Are 99.9% of LB players mediocre scrubs that get bodied in pools? Yes. LB is being held back by the people who main him. He definitely has a viable kit for tournament play.

Originally Posted by JayyRupp Go to original post
    IT'S TOO MUCH OF A REWARD FOR BLOCKING. Everyone should agree on that. Is he overpowered? No. Are 99.9% of LB players mediocre scrubs that get bodied in pools? Yes.
    Disagree. If it was a true 50/50 and/or being OOS was actually a bad thing i'd agree with you. But being OOS means nothing when dodges are still just as good. blocking is just as effective. same with parrying. If they ever make OOS truly a bad thing then maybe the stamina damage off of a block would need looking into. but as of now law doesn't get any damage off of a shove. and stamina in general doesn't need to be managed. Which is kind of bad considering law's main gimmick is chipping stamina down.

Originally Posted by Knight_Raime Go to original post
    Disagree. If it was a true 50/50 and/or being OOS was actually a bad thing i'd agree with you. But being OOS means nothing when dodges are still just as good. blocking is just as effective. same with parrying. If they ever make OOS truly a bad thing then maybe the stamina damage off of a block would need looking into. but as of now law doesn't get any damage off of a shove. and stamina in general doesn't need to be managed. Which is kind of bad considering law's main gimmick is chipping stamina down.
    I should also add that against heroes with fast attacks, you more often than not, eat a light attack during the shove startup.

Dunno if LB was buffed too much or not, but looks like a lot of conquerors switched to LB for some reason.