I'm not sure if this has been adressed, but the overheating of 190s in AEP is ridiculous. This is compared to other planes in the game. Once they start to overheat it is very hard to get them to cool. I always have my rad full open. Flying the Dora is a constant battle to keep it cool. And the engine gets damaged quickly after overheating begins. This is a real disadvantage for a plane who's main advantage is speed. As soon as you go to 110%, it overheats.

There is a huge difference compared to 109's or most other planes. Was this true in real life? Where 190's really prone to overheating? If not please correct this Oleg because it has turned my favorite plane into somewhat of a frustration, and has put it at a severe disadvantage .

I'm not sure if this has been adressed, but the overheating of 190s in AEP is ridiculous. This is compared to other planes in the game. Once they start to overheat it is very hard to get them to cool. I always have my rad full open. Flying the Dora is a constant battle to keep it cool. And the engine gets damaged quickly after overheating begins. This is a real disadvantage for a plane who's main advantage is speed. As soon as you go to 110%, it overheats.

There is a huge difference compared to 109's or most other planes. Was this true in real life? Where 190's really prone to overheating? If not please correct this Oleg because it has turned my favorite plane into somewhat of a frustration, and has put it at a severe disadvantage .

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    i dont have this problem. close/auto is now just closed.
    the spit/hurri have strange overheat

<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    I keep the rad at 4 or 6 during a fight with WEP on and few problems.

The Auto system doesn't work anymore...apparently wasn't realistic anyways.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

I don't fly the Dora much, so can't comment on it, but with the A series, I find it unnecessary to open the radiators under all but the most extreme conditions. Flown with sensible power settings the thing is a dream, imho.

That being said, Oleg has mentioned (in addition to the 'auto/closed' situation) that the Ta-152 and FW190D series' have a heating issue. One overheats to fast, the other too slow is I believe how he put it.

ZG77_Lignite wrote:

"That being said, Oleg has mentioned (in addition to the 'auto/closed' situation) that the Ta-152 and FW190D series' have a heating issue. One overheats to fast, the other too slow is I believe how he put it."

That is correct so expect changes in those two aircraft. And the "auto" setting does mean closed now in the 190A's, and this is historically accurate. Still, I hope he gets rid of the closed/auto option to avoid confusion.

The A-4 overheats quicker than the other 190A's, whether this is accurate or not I don't know but it seems a bit fast to me. As far as cooling them down I don't find them harder to cool down than most planes.

The Spitfire seems to take forever to overheat but when it does it is very hard to cool down, I think this will be looked at IMO.

The La-5 is still a joke IMHO, seemingly never overheating at all.

Formerly Kyrule2
    http://www.jg51.com/

for those of you who seem to not be having an overheating problem you must not be staying alive long enough to realize it.....lol

Fehler's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey Hunde.. I was able to overheat the La-5 (Standard) yesterday in a dogfight. Of course, by the time I did, I had actually forgotten that I was testing the overheat time, no kidding! This was in an online dogfight, I wonder if that matters...

LOL

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/9JG54.html

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheStriker_p51d:
    for those of you who seem to not be having an overheating problem you must not be staying alive long enough to realize it.....lol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I last longer in a FW190 during a fight than any other type of aircraft. Usually thats because if I have the advantage I totally control the fight by using immense speed and hitting power to make several passes at the opponent maintaining speed or altitude. At a disadvantage I can prolong the battle (sometimes long enough to escape) using the superior roll rate and durability of the FW190.

So no I last quite a long time in these planes and while it overheats fairly quickly it is noted as being a plane that runs hot. More to the point if you have speed and your rad is open to 4 or 6 then overheating is not an issue that can't be controled with sensible throttle control. Its not a disadvantage at all...

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Fehler, yeah tested this again and it will eventually overheat but man does it take a long time. I remember Robban mentioning in his climb tests about Lavochkins not overheating while others would have long toasted their powerplants. Wonder why the La's are so resistant to overheating, I have never read or seen anything suggesting they had extremely efficient cooling systems.

Wait a minute, what the &*%$ were you doing in an La? Blasphemy!

I am kidding of course (sort of ). I have alot of respect for the Lavochkin, if it were made of all metal construction and there was better quality control during production it would be among my favorites (I have a thing for fast radial engined aircraft). Some things in FB may be questionable but the La was one hell of a design and it will always have my respect.

Formerly Kyrule2
    http://www.jg51.com/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►