Assassin's Creed II Not Launching in the slightest

I purchased AC2 on steam, after going through the installation and the uplay login I tried starting the game and it didnt work. It would make my screen go black (except for a small white square to the top left for some reason) for about 1 second then it'd just close with no error given. People have told me to try uninstalling and updating uplay because apparently there was a thing about AC2 being released with a early version but it made no change to it.
    Nothing on https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/0...roubleshooting worked for me either
     1 people found this helpful

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    First you should go to your steam library and click the right mouse button on Assassin's creed 2, go to properties then select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

Try a different graphics driver and make sure vsync is turned on.

if that does not fix it

Contact steam and Ubi support and open a ticket (tell them what is wrong)
    You should post the spec of your pc, including
    what CPU
    what GPU
    how much RAM
    HARD DRIVE SIZE
    which version of windows are you using.

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    First you should go to your steam library and click the right mouse button on Assassin's creed 2, go to properties then select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

Try a different graphics driver and make sure vsync is turned on.

if that does not fix it

Contact steam and Ubi support and open a ticket (tell them what is wrong)
    You should post the spec of your pc, including
    what CPU
    what GPU
    how much RAM
    HARD DRIVE SIZE
    which version of windows are you using.

Okay I figured it out
    My ******* realized that I had AC2 installed on my hard drive but uplay was installed in windows.
    I just reinstalled it in windows and wowie it works just fine

THANK YOU SO MUCH. it worked for me too

Originally Posted by ninjaxflipper Go to original post
    Okay I figured it out
    My ******* realized that I had AC2 installed on my hard drive but uplay was installed in windows.
    I just reinstalled it in windows and wowie it works just fine
    What exactly did you do? This is the issue I'm having. I'm currently installing both steam and Uplay onto the same drive as windows to see if that works. I went as far as resetting my entire PC and still the same issue.
     1 people found this helpful

White square bug.

Hi there. I've managed to fix the black screen / white square issue by changing my display resolution settings. I suspect that the application didn't like the scale factor. Try changing the resolution / scaling. If that is the cause of the problem, but you want to keep the system settings, you'd may manage to fix it by overriding application scaling settings from properties window. Wish you luck !

Hey, I managed to fix the bug by copying Ubisoft launcher from hard drive to SSD Program files x86 (where Windows in installed), then opening AC2 page in the launcher and 'finding already installed game files'. I hope this explanation might help somebody

Ubi-Spud's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by MaryCloudberry Go to original post
    Hey, I managed to fix the bug by copying Ubisoft launcher from hard drive to SSD Program files x86 (where Windows in installed), then opening AC2 page in the launcher and 'finding already installed game files'. I hope this explanation might help somebody
    Thank you for the workaround, however please try to avoid bumping old threads! I'll need to close this one, but feel free to post a new thread with any tips.