🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rainbow Six Siege forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    it's a pain in the ***, but when those players use a gamepad emulator or however you call it, really nobody can check or control nor prevent or punish this... that's why sony, ps, and ubi bounce away questions about this. they've disabled m&kb, but can't see if anyone emulates that ****... it's a hardware cheat. you gottz pop into someone's house to check. and I don't think punkbuster will send out employees door-to-door soon... LOL

those cheaters, they're just f*kin c*nts who get away with ruining the game experience for others.
     1 people found this helpful

There's nothing they can do to fix it, these adapters are spoofing the console to think it is a controller, there's no way to notice it.. My suffestion is get a get a pc for this game, much better community anywway..

I find it super ironic though how console gamers have been crying that 'PC's suck consoles is more fair' and then this happens hahaha.

UbiEpi's Avatar Community Manager
    As Ne0nboy mentioned, it is detected as a controller due extra hardware they are using.

Native KBM support is disabled for Rainbow Six Siege. There is nothing further that can be done on our end.
     4 people found this helpful

While I despise the idea of any first or third person shooter played with a gamepad and I get an enjoyable amount of schadenfreude from all this as they writhe in anguish...

I'll add my two cents by saying... I find it hard to believe that it is undetectable. Mainly because of the analog stick for movement. Can you really, by using third party hardware, disguise the fact that a Keyboard only has none or max speed, with an additional key that must be held for cutting the speed (again to a specific set value) in contrast to a stick which allows for a whole range of movement speed?

^ they way it works is like a third party controller, the mouse is acting as an anolgue stick, the clicks triggers etc, how would the console know that it's a kb/ms when all the inputs the console is recieving are the exact same as any controller...

It's honestly really sluggish if you're used to a real kb and mouse though, my friend has one, I tired it out and while i totally owned every server i joined, it felt AWFUL in camparison to a real KB and mouse. Like your mouse is in a bowl of syrup.

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    Who are these people that go out of there way to get such huge advantages for a simple video game? If it's that important to them then they are sad sacks of feces so let them have their cheats. It's all they got in life.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    If you ask me, Ubisoft did a bang up job doing the best they can against console mousers. It was done by creating an environment in which skill, knowledge and know-how are the main mechanics towards winning a game.

PS: To the janky f-sticks that played against me and my mates last night...LOL..we kicked your asses ..l..

yup. i see it more and more... each time the same signs... rushing, not caring about any tactics, and always super speed insta-headshots and perfect recoil control. you can't compete with a gamepad. you just can't... just as blast-xo says: people will join or start to lose interest... i'm on the latter side..

Perihellion's Avatar Senior Member
    Gamepads, mouse and keyboards are on USB on consoles?