Is There Anything to Punish Cowards That Run?

Sometimes a coordinated team can catch a runner, but usually runners get to go around the map collecting every speed, defense, attack, and health buff on the map, and even when they don't, it ends up being a long three minutes of trying to grab this person and make them stand and fight. Sometimes we catch em, usually we don't.

It gets extremely boring to have to wait so long just for the round to end because one dude runs around like an Olympic runner just so he doesn't hurt his precious k/d

Well the problem is that elimination has those buffs around that serve no purpose other then to make the game more boring tbh. Usually the team winning and already has more unlocked feats gets more of those buffs as well. But yeah feats don't really fit with this game either most of the time. Like a one hit kill catapults and such that are almost undodgeable are just frustrating and not fun in a game like this. Players want to learn from their mistakes but when things are in a game that you can't adapt to you get frustrated. This game sadly has few of those in it.

If your on console the new update coming is suppose to nerf Sprint speed(specifically for runners). Until then nothing really besides a projectile or sweep attacks.

bmason1000's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Joseph_2017 Go to original post
    If your on console the new update coming is suppose to nerf Sprint speed(specifically for runners). Until then nothing really besides a projectile or sweep attacks.
    Heres the thing i don't get about that. Sprint speed is reduced across the board. So the people running are slower, but so are the people chasing them. How does this change anything? Its the same situation, but now we're all doing it at a more casual pace.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by bmason1000 Go to original post
    Heres the thing i don't get about that. Sprint speed is reduced across the board. So the people running are slower, but so are the people chasing them. How does this change anything? Its the same situation, but now we're all doing it at a more casual pace.
    Yeah good point, but according to Warriors Den it's suppose to help with this problem. We'll just have to see.

Gray360UK's Avatar Senior Member
    Glad you realised that part, surprising how many people don't. Someone with a max Sprint Speed bar or a Speed Boost is still going to run faster than someone with a small bar no Boost. A fast character is still going to run faster than a slow one. Everyone is still going to run faster than a Shoguki

The only possible plus, is that if they can't cross the map in the blink of an eye like The Flash anymore, then maybe you will be more likely to land a blow on them as they pass, or find it easier to corner them because they wont be moving at such an extreme speed anymore.

There shouldn't be any buffs on the maps at all. Not even a healing one because people should be forced to rely on their Health Regen by Execution stat. Too often in elimination and skirmish people just dive straight into a fight, come close to death then sneak away while everyone else is fighting to grab these buffs. It ruins the fun.

Sprint speed in this game is so messed up too because my Zerk has maxed out sprint speed and even a Warden can outrun him. It shouldn't be possible for a Vanguard to outrun an Assassin class. I think the best way to solve the problem though is to make it so your stamina starts to drain if you sprint for so long.

I suppose the idea is to reduce max speed for assassins, since they naturally run faster. This reduction should reduce the speed gap as a result, but I don't know if it will prevent players from prolonging matches that generally can't be won (there are exceptions to this occasionally, mind you).

As someone mentioned in this thread, sprinting should use stamina. I take two heavy swings with my Warlord and I'm sucking wind but I can sprint all over the map forever and not get tired. Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by KotoKuraken Go to original post
    Sometimes a coordinated team can catch a runner, but usually runners get to go around the map collecting every speed, defense, attack, and health buff on the map, and even when they don't, it ends up being a long three minutes of trying to grab this person and make them stand and fight. Sometimes we catch em, usually we don't.

It gets extremely boring to have to wait so long just for the round to end because one dude runs around like an Olympic runner just so he doesn't hurt his precious k/d
    Hate to drop this bomb on your but running is a tactic in game world and the real world BOOM MIND BLOWN.