UbiSkyBear's Avatar Community Manager

Trials Garage Introduction

Greetings Riders, Builders & Trials fans of all types,

What’s next for Trials? This is a question we get often at RedLynx. Trials and its physics based gameplay are a big part of RedLynx’s DNA and we are always looking at where we can take the brand next. Another very important element to our success has been our close proximity to our players. With that in mind we feel that an important element for shaping the future for the Trials brand will be to extend the ways we collect and look at feedback from our players.

We already look very closely at the feedback we’ve gotten on Fusion and other games in the series. The input we receive regarding these games are a valuable resource for helping to guide our decision making processes. However we’d like to do more than read your feedback on previous games, we’d like to have more active conversations on specific aspects of the brand. To do this we have created the Trials Garage, a place where we can share some insights into our development process and collect the opinions of Trials players of all types.

Each month we will open a topic related to the Trials series for discussion. We will kick off each topic by sharing some insights into the development process, explaining the “why” behind some of our past decisions and present some of our ideas for the future in a Trials Garage Update article. This will be posted on our forums to allow open discussions on the topic between players and developers. Next will be our all new Trials Garage Radio podcast where we will speak with developers and players about the development process and what Trials means to them. And finally, each topic will be capped off with a survey which will allow us to really examine the community’s views on the topic.

When is this starting? You don’t have to wait long. Next week we will present our first topic on this all new Trials Garage board.

Working closely with the community has always been important to us, and moving forward we aim to involve you all even more. We believe a close collaboration with the community is an important factor for the future of Trials.

Part of the collaboration is listening to the community and using the insights from this in our development process. Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what you as fans appreciate or don’t appreciate, be it themes, features or some small details. For example, we know that the tire glitch is a big concern for competitive players and that going full sci-fi/fantasy was not everyone’s favorite. These are just a few easy examples, we are sure there is a lot more we can learn about what Trials means to all of you through this new program.

We are truly excited to include the amazing Trials community in the development of this brand and look forward to starting these discussions. Our first full topic will be presented next week on this new Trials Garage board. Until then, we’ll see you on the leaderboards.

Sincerely,
    Trials Development Team

JoeRegular's Avatar Senior Member
    Interesting. I look forward to seeing what you have in store.

If these discussions tie in with future games and what we want from it as in features, then that would be great, otherwise i don't see the point from a players perspective.
    Everything's been said.

Guunners's Avatar Senior Member
    If it's the same thing as the monthly discussion for Trials Frontier it's gonna be useless and a waste of time for everyone. Hopefully it won't be the case this time. I look forward to what comes next.

PogChamp

XXXSTEPH59XXX's Avatar Member
    Great idea and the fact of implying the community, I find that brilliant.
    Hasten to discover the first subject.

That's really cool step from you Red Lynx

I just want to be able to scale ANY object in the Track Creator.

What progress do you got on the new game? When are you hoping to release it?
    From all the hundreds of really great ideas from the community over the past years, what have you already decided to implement?

Before i can engage in any discussion about the future of trials, i really need these question answered.

Really cool stuff. i really hope people can keep toxicity at minimum in the future discussions