1. #11
    Originally Posted by easy_target77 Go to original post
    I think that you got that backwards, but anyway...

    This is the one reason why I bought the starter version of the game for the PC. Never touched the PS4 version anymore.
    Nope, it takes less skill to use M&K due to A) more precision control and B) no loss of featurs due to lack of buttons. Bonus points to conrollers due to being more comfortable to handle.
    Share this post

  2. #12
    easy_target77's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Somewhere along the Rockies
    Posts
    558
    Originally Posted by jeffjordan93 Go to original post
    Nope, it takes less skill to use M&K due to A) more precision control and B) no loss of featurs due to lack of buttons. Bonus points to conrollers due to being more comfortable to handle.
    Skill is relative to the task at hand. It takes a lot more effort to aim with a controller than with M/KB, I agree, but a person skilled using a controller without aim assist may never achieve the level of precision of M/KB can provide. I played console shooters for a long time, and for fun I tried using a controller on PC. I did get a couple of kills, but got wrecked almost every match. It just can't compete.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    After discussing with Ubi support it seems that it is against the code of conduct/ terms of service:
    "Cheating / Modding / Hacking: Player is running a modified or otherwise unauthorized version of the game client or a third party software which provides any sort of unfair advantage (wallhacks, aimhacks…) or causing detriment to other players’ experience: Maximum penalty is permanent ban."

    https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/e...m:148-76770-32

    They define adapters as a "hack" since it is not an authorized accessory and Microsoft has not allowed play via mouse and keyboard.

    So, now that we know it is not allowed, why aren't they doing anything about it? I'm not sure about whether the software can detect it but at least start banning those who are releasing videos on YouTube showing how to cheat and how well it works. Maybe start a communication campaign of some sort stating that they are not authorized and can lead to a permanent ban. Please, just do something.
    Share this post

  4. #14
    philbert.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,640
    Originally Posted by thabutcher Go to original post
    There has to be some way you can program an autoban for those using mouse/keyboard on consoles. There is really no point of ranking into the high gold at this point because MANY are now using them openly and claiming, "if you don't like it just go buy one". They are also publicly creating YouTube videos showing how they are cheating WITH their gamertags. Please help make the game fair...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlbSwGsmCI
    Yep i agree! We need someone from Ubi to comment on this.... its far too unfair!
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Bill,
    I appreciate the measured, well thought out response. I would just say that I disagree. People are very open about using the adapter at this point and I would estimate about 50% or more of gold 2 and higher are actually using m/kb at this point. If that isn't a sign of a massive advantage. When they are dialed in, they completely overpower a controller.

    I do agree though. We need UBI to come out and state specifically that it is against the rules and could result in permanent bans.
    Share this post

  6. #16
    feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,955
    A good mouse and keyboard cost money...
    Share this post

  7. #17
    Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,259
    Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    A good mouse and keyboard cost money...
    ... but 15$ for a cheap mouse and keyboard kit is more than enough to outplay anyone using a controller.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #18
    Been playing with a controller on PC in plat elo for a long enough time to say whether it's a kb/m or a controller it doesn't matter, and everyone commenting on this hasn't mastered both for this game I would assume so were never going to go anywhere with this debate, not just a debate for this game but every single game I've played since switching from consoles years back. I've never played Shooters on PC growing up I've poured thousands of hours into using a controller on console, but when I bought this game for PC, I've only ever played rainbow on xbox so it was a no brainer to pick the controller for this game, But without a doubt you realise fast that kb/m does have an advantage, it's way more accurate and smooth when it comes to aiming, but what solved this for me was a 3 dollar purchase for a thumb stick extender that now sits on my right aiming thumb stick, it made my range of motion a million times better, no exaggeration I wish I never thought these analog extenders we're just a money grab at first becasue for years I had never thought an extension on the joystick would help in anyway but I've learned very fast how big of an improvement they actually are. So with my being perfectly precise and accurate where as before I would just skip along and it was very hard to narrow in on a body part like say a players head, with the extension I can aim wherever I want with precision and smoothness. (be careful putting the extenders on, I broke 2 xbox controllers trying to put them on lol). This wasn't the only thing I did, the next thing I did was I got use to playing at insane sensitivity, I play maxed out, 10 vertical, 10, horizontal, and both my deadstick sensitivities are both as low as they can be at 5%. My Aiming Down Sight sensitivity sits at half at just above 50, that's where it is personal preference and the most important, you need to find that sensitivity where you can still 360 spin in half a second but still be in control and able to control the pace, from slow to fast to dialing in on a specific area, this is something that will be changes and most likely increased as you get more comfortable. But for the first vertical and horizontal sensitivity I'm not sure how anyone can compete with KB/M players without that being maxxed out, You need to be able to 360 spin in a millisecond, should be able to go from one target to the next instantly never waiting for your screen to catch up to you which is obvious but if anyone's played at these sensitivities it's not something that is easy to get use to. I would have days where It felt lightning fast and other days where it felt normal, now I'm so use to it I can hop on after months without playing and have the feel for the speed.

    without a doubt I believe kb/m is the better route to go but if your someone like myself who has only ever played controller to me there was no point to start fresh just adjust to the game and if your struggling take up my advice it proppelled my skill with a controller not only in this game but many I play, even games like grand theft auto I notice a massive improvment in how smooth it is to look and shoot with the extenders. it's funny because when I'm in games because I play with controller I use an open mic so sometimes you will see my name pop up as if I'm talking but I'm not actually saying anything the mic just picks up a little sound and players always say to me "hey bandit I can't hear you" Sometimes I'll explain to them that I got an open mic because I use controller I can't push to talk, and when I say that I always get the most surprised reactions because they quickly double check the scoreboard then look at my profile see my level and rank and are flabbergasted at how I could possibly be using a controller and be where I'm at, I've gotten hundreds of these reactions and they are always the same, people have completely disregarded controllers as something to play this game with.

    Kb/m or controller at the end of the day what's great about this game is aim isn't everything, it's not noscopes and 360 wall bangs, it's crucial obviously as you rank up aim becomes a bigger factor but even then before you aim your gun to kill someone or get killed yourself it comes down to positioning, for a very long time when I was getting use to aiming and knew my shooting wasn't good I practised having superior positioning and locating enemies trying to line up the easiest kills possible for myself, someone who is looking the opposite way, good aim or bad it usually results in a easy kill, when the aim comes the mixture of better positioning and aim is a deadly combo.
    Share this post

  9. #19
    I'm playing on PS4 and once you get plat 1 you start to notice all those diamond players using Mouse and Keyboard. IT'S INSANE!

    This game rewords the player with the best controllers and headset. It's a pay to win... You can't win a fight to a player who is using a M&K with the sensitivity at 99%.. Like the rooming Bandit or the rushing Ash.
    Share this post

  10. #20
    Originally Posted by Hozesk Go to original post
    I'm playing on PS4 and once you get plat 1 you start to notice all those diamond players using Mouse and Keyboard. IT'S INSANE!

    This game rewords the player with the best controllers and headset. It's a pay to win... You can't win a fight to a player who is using a M&K with the sensitivity at 99%.. Like the rooming Bandit or the rushing Ash.
    Nahhh thats not true i play this game since season one end i have been diamond evry season except for season 1. We play against diamond evryday every match around the 90% of the opponents just use a controller like a normal console player. From some people i know they use m/k because they talk about it by their selfs. You have other people thinking about buying because (why not?) they say. However when you play the esl on ps4 then you will notice a difference between people playing m/k or a controller.
    Buth still i really dont think there are much m/k players on ps4. Is it fair ofcourse not! Buth what can ubi do about this practicly nothing. It needs to come from sony themselfs or xbox.
    Share this post