🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Helfyre 666's Avatar Member

Power Ballad Song Pack not showing in game

So the whole story:
    3/31, I purchased the Power Ballad Song Pack and a few others from the in console store on XB360. It then downloaded and installed. I went over to my XBOne and didn't see it in the ready to install section under the Manage game, but all other individual songs from the other packs I had bought were there, they installed and show up in the game. I searched the Store on XBOne and found the Power Ballad pack, and oddly it said I owned the pack and it could install it, so I did (Usually you buy the pack on XB360 and you then can download the songs on XBOne, one at a time. Still doesn't show up in game.

I go back to Manage Game, and the songs appear to be in the list of installed Add-ons, so I remove them. They don't go into the "Ready to Install" section. I search the store again, find the pack again, install again. They again, show up in the installed Add-ons but not in game.

Any help or known issues with this?

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    I don't understand the problem.

It sounds like you bought a song pack and got the songs.

Were there songs missing?

Short version: All the songs show up as downloaded and installed on my console, they don't show up in game.

Do you have the favorites filter turned on?

Have tried searching or sorting to find the songs?

Yep, I always try everything I can think of before bugging the forums. I have searched for each song, one may come up in the search but it is locked. Pressing A will bring up the purchase screen that states I own it already. Filters are off, not in any favorites or lists. I've sorted by artist and song and looked for each song in game with no luck.

Are they purchased with the same account as used to play the game?

Does restarting the console help?

Sounds like an issue for console store support.

Maybe someone will come along with some better options.

Same account, restarted the console, called Microsoft, followed all troubleshooting tips, no dice so far.

I don't know .... I hope you get this sorted out .... or someone comes along with an explanation.

EnvyingCarpet0's Avatar Member
    Same Problem as Helfyre 666 !!! Really frustrating!!!

April 7, 2017 - Purchased Arena Rock Song Pack and 90s Rock Song Pack both for Xbox 360 from the Microsoft on-line store. Went to Xbox 360 and Downloaded them just fine. Started Rocksmith and they installed just fine and are playable.

Went to Xbox 1 to install them and something is wrong. They are not in my usual "ready to install place". Figure i should give it a day, maybe something needs to catch up in the world wide web.

April 8, 2017 - went to Xbox 1 to install them, still not showing up where the 100s of other purchased DLCs have always been where I install from on Xbox 1. Something is not right. Start Rocskmith and they are not in the game. Go to Shop in Rocksmith, Shop Packs, click on Arena Rock Song Pack and it says its installed. Click on 90s Rock Song Pack and it says i already own it. Go to Shop Songs - says i do not own them and it will let me purchase the single songs again !!! Bought Winger's Seventeen by accident trying to see what is going on!!!! Well that has never happened before, and now am not too happy!!! The Winger i just accidentally purchased installs and is in the game, as expected... well that worked !!! but now i paid for the same song twice, ugh!!!

Like Helfyre 666 went to Manage games, uninstalled, went to store in xbox 1 and say i already own the packs, so i keep trying to reinstall... but every time i install its not quite right - does not say its installing and does not say done... but when i go to Manage Game they are in the list of installed Add Ons for Rocksmith. But when i start Rocksmith they do not exist in the game. Check storage sizes, restart, re-power, curse, uninstall the individual songs, reinstall the individual songs from the Song Packs Store Page, repeat ... over and over all day long! Nada !!!

If i go Shop in Rocksmith i am told the i own the packs but not the single songs. When i go online to the MS Store it too says i own the packs for xbox1 but i dont own the single songs.

I contacted Microsoft and worked with them for 30 minutes. They acknowledged i own the packs, and that i SHOULD, but dont, own the single songs, they see the Winger purchase was a mistake and refund my $$$. Then they tell me to contact the game developer.

I have been playing RS since the week RS1 was released on xbox 360. I play almost every day for an hour. I DO know how to operate my xboxs and Rocksmith. So this is not on me or my setup or anything else associated with me or my xbox 1 console. Some how this is a problem with UbiSoft and/or Microsoft.

So what should i do now? I am basically out of pocket over $20 and cannot play these 8 songs on my xbox1. Am not happy.

UbiSoft what is going on???
     1 people found this helpful

Exact same issue I am having. I get that recently some packs have been delayed on XBOX One and when purchasing them on XBOX 360 I'll have to wait, but if the pack has been released on both, I should be able to buy with confidence on XB360 knowing I won't have an issue getting the songs I paid for on XBOne, since I'm entitled to have my XB360 song licenses move over to XBOne