🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Originally Posted by toreyj01 Go to original post
    The problem with this is that I have at least one song in each of these packs. I don't know if its even possible but in iTunes you can download a single and if you want the album later on they offer it at a discounted rate, namely the cost of the single deducted from the album cost.

Its a smart way to sell albums, because if you already bought the single you are hesitant to buy that song again as part of the album.

I would love to see Rocksmith do that, but am unsure if you guys are capable of that. I have bought a few single songs and discovered how much I like that group but do not buy their pack because it would mean buying that song again.

So if there was a 5 pack for 11.99 and you buy one of the singles, you could later buy that pack for 9 dollars.

I would buy a LOT of packs if that happened.
    When that happens to me, I just wait for a steam sale to get the rest of the songs.

Yeah like I don't already own all the songs! Nice try! Lol.

MAng0r3's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice add-on!!

EnvyingCarpet0's Avatar Member
    BEWARE - these new Song Packs DO NOT work if you purchase on xbox 360 and try to then install on xbox 1.

I was waiting for these Song Packs to be available, as 2 of them contained songs i wanted and had not purchased yet. So i purchased 2 of the Song Packs on April 7th and still have not gotten to play them, as they wont install as Packs on xbox 1.

My post and similar posts are here -

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...howing-in-game

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...g-up-in-game-(

BE WARNED - if you are expecting to purchase these on xbox 360 and then install them on xbox 1 also, they WILL NOT WORK on xbox 1 at all.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah packs don't install unless they are only available as packs. Here's an easy way to get your content

Go to Rocksmith 2014 in Games and Apps
    Press "Start" (the button with three lines on your controller)
    Manage Content
    Ready To Install
    Install All

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    Yeah packs don't install unless they are only available as packs. Here's an easy way to get your content

Go to Rocksmith 2014 in Games and Apps
    Press "Start" (the button with three lines on your controller)
    Manage Content
    Ready To Install
    Install All
    Usually that works for me too. But in this case, those singles just wont load, on these "newly created Song Packs from previous singles" on XB1. Check out the links included in my original post. Myself and others have tried and tried. Its just these packs.

Toymachinesh, Give it a try - purchase 1 of the songs packs for xbox 360. Then go try to install it on your xbox1. You too will be out the price of the Song Pack and have no songs in RS2014 on your xbox1.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Ahh ok, it's the issue from 2014 again

* UPDATE *

Spent about 30 minutes in chat with UbiSoft Customer Support Tech. Did not go well at all...

1st, after 15 minutes of explaining. they told me to do something to fix this, that i just was not prepared to do -

Next, let's uninstall the game by doing the following:
    1. On the Xbox One Dashboard, go to My Games & Apps.
    2. Highlight the game, and press the Options button on your controller.
    3. Select Uninstall Game + Add-ons.

Note: All DLC items can be re-downloaded.

Well no way i was going to uninstall RS and the 341 Add-Ons it contained, for a solution i was 99% sure was not going to work anyway!!!

I told this to the tech too. I once again explained the problem, for the 4th time, and now here is what the msgs the tech sent me 3 or 4 times in chat, they just kept repeating this msg over and over -

All legacy DLC apart from the import tool is available for sale. Anyone who bought DLC on Xbox 360 as single Songs or Packs should be able to download some of that material as Songs, but the permissions required to do that are not yet in place for all users. We have seen song permissions make progress; however, it's still somewhat slow, so we do not have a hard date on when we expect all legacy content permissions to be sorted. We are working with Microsoft on this. Please keep an eye on the link below for updates on this issue:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...p-Xbox-One-FAQ

They are not available at the moment as we are still working with Microsoft. Please keep an eye on the link below for updates on this issue:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...p-Xbox-One-FAQ

So then i say there is nothing they can do to help me, and again get those same 2 msgs repeated to me with the same links. I ask them to just give me redemption codes for xb1 for the 8 songs i already purchased, again get those same 2 msgs repeated to me with the same links.

I thanked them and closed the chat.

There is no resolution for this at all from UbiSoft Custom Support. I always purchase RS DLC on xbox 360 then transfer it to xb1. My family has xb360, so i sign in there so we can all play my songs there when i am with my family. For me, at home, i only play xb1. So I am screwed out my 8 songs i just paid over $20 for.

All very, very sad

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Thanks for letting us know about this one. I'll bring it up with the team and see if it's something that needs to happen on the dev side. As Toy mentions, there was something similar during the initial changeover from 360 to X1 and it was rather messy and took a long time to resolve, since it affected the entire library. This is a smaller sample, so hopefully if it's the same issue, it can be handled quicker. I'll let you know what I find out.
     1 people found this helpful

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Thanks for letting us know about this one. I'll bring it up with the team and see if it's something that needs to happen on the dev side. As Toy mentions, there was something similar during the initial changeover from 360 to X1 and it was rather messy and took a long time to resolve, since it affected the entire library. This is a smaller sample, so hopefully if it's the same issue, it can be handled quicker. I'll let you know what I find out.
     1 people found this helpful

Dan, thanks so much for your reply. I had hoped that you would notice one of my posts on this subject and get involved!

I too had thought it might be the same situation as before as when i did that whole migrate from xb360 to xb1 thing, where if i owned a pack and pack would not install as an owned pack on xb1, i could still go acquire the single song in the in-game Shop where it new i already owned the song and would let me install it. This way you would just had to install them one at a time, instead of by the song pack.

That didn't work at all in this scenario and i inadvertently purchased the Winger Seventeen single for my xb1. Fortunately, Microsoft was very kind and understanding with my dilemma and refunded me the singles purchase.

Again, am very happy you are now involved Dan!

Thanks!!!