Getting out of vehicle and shoot back once firefight kicks off?

Anyone got any tips for getting out of your vehicle once a firefight starts, and actually surviving? I know I can drive to a safe distance and bail out, but I'm referring to when my vehicle is dead / on fire & about to explode or I'm boxed in.

I find by the time I get out, I'm already on the ground waiting for a revive / dead since I also have to take the extra step to draw a weapon, which doesn't happen in time, and I can't take cover behind the vehicle in time. Doesn't make sense to stay inside while my squad lights up a target, either. Would be nice if I could at least shoot out of the window while seated.

I'm SIR Phist, KNIGHTSTAND's case officer. I will suggest what you should do if you come under fire while mounted up inside a 4 wheeled ground vehicle passenger seat and driver seat.

This is what you should do if you come under fire while mounted up inside a 4 wheeled ground vehicle passenger seat:
    If you get attacked while you are mounted up in a 4 wheeled ground vehicle passenger seat, aim your weapon at the direction in which you will survive. Aiming your weapon out of the window is a good way to begin to escape the danger. Exit the vehicle, then raise your survivability. After you have successfully dismounted using the window, expeditiously reach a minimum safe distance from the possibly eminent explosion.

I will now suggest what you should do if you take rounds while mounted up inside a 4 wheeled ground vehicle driver seat:
    If you're shot at while you are mounted up in a 4 wheeled ground vehicle driver seat, accelerate & navigate with the intentions of the best possibility of survival. Maintain awareness of your direction of travel while striving to make the distance between your vehicle, the men in it, yourself and the enemies as far as needed.

This is what to do if enemies try to kill you when you're riding and manipulating a 4 wheeled ground vehicle.