Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses : Twitch

This edition of "R6 Community Discusses" will focus on the operator TWITCH. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

So let's discuss Twitch:

Link to R6 Operator Information Twitch HERE
    Twitch Wiki

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is this operatorís primary or ideal role in the team?
    2) The operatorís gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    3) The operatorís loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

Link to past discussions that are still open for your posting pleasure:

Operators:
    Tachanka
    Doc
    Ash
    Fuze

Maps:
    Bartlett University
    Skyscraper
    Bank
    House

I will open by saying: I am a level 168 with 545 hours of game time. I have been Platinum every season except for this season (for reasons that don't matter ). Take that information with however many grains of salt you want; I do not claim to be anywhere near a professional at this game, but I play it often, I am a fan of Twitch and I want to try to get better involved with the community in a positive way. So, here is my two cents:

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    I would certainly view Twitch as a support/killer type. Her gadget has MANY different uses to assist the team and her gun is one of the best in the game in my opinion. A good Twitch will eliminate as many cameras as possible in the preparation phase while remaining undetected. From there, taking out key gadgets like jammers and batteries can make the difference between a win and a loss.

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    The following is my personal set-up for Twitch; I do not claim that this is the BEST set-up for everyone, but it has done me pretty well: FAMAS (F2) with an ACOG scope, flash hider and vertical grip. My secondary weapon is the P9 with a muzzle brake. Between the claymore and breach charges, I will usually stick with the claymore.

Reasons:

FAMAS (F2):

An excellent rate of fire combined with a reasonable ride-up alone for full auto and short bursts makes this gun incredibly potent in short to long range encounters. The damage is quite good (39), especially considering my previous statement and makes for a very lethal assault. There is something to be said about the 417 DMR: it possesses high damage and provides a little more control, but lacks the versatility the FAMAS has. Of course, it mostly comes down to personal preference and the exact role you want to play for your team, but I believe the FAMAS is the better pick here. I personally would not take shotgun on attack as Twitch.

P9:

Solid damage (30) with a good magazine size (16) makes this a more attractive and reliable choice in my opinion.

Attachments:

FAMAS [F2]:

I will usually choose the ACOG scope for several reasons: First, it provides a good way to challenge spawn peeking; coupled with the control I mentioned above you can pop off a head shot pretty quickly from a good distance. Second, it pairs well with the support role that Twitch provides, as you may likely be pulling up the rear (due to your droning) of a push and may need the extra magnification to navigate a more precise kill (or you could be watching outside flanks during a breach). Lastly, I feel it is important to state that it is a personal favorite that I use on most guns that have the option. With all of that being said, you should also consider other options when it comes to your sights: red dot, holographic and reflex sights are all viable options (personal preference here IMO), especially after the most recent update making them smaller and more precise. It comes down to the role you want to fill for your team; these sights can be good when taking point or moving aggressively through a building due to the ability to aim down sights much faster.

The flash hider is my choice simply because it provides the best recoil reduction when firing bursts (most common situation). A wouldn't recommend a compensator for this gun, and I would leave the muzzle brake for the 417 DMR. I think a suppressor could be viable in the right hands; the damage is still pretty good and this gives you a little more security if you are flanking or trying to be stealthy for any other reason. If you have very reliable accuracy, I would suggest you strongly consider the suppressor in some situations.

I cannot think of a reason to not take a vertical grip for the FAMAS, as it provides control to the firearm with no real downsides.

P9:

I choose the muzzle brake simply because it provides the P9 with an excellent spread projection. You can refer to my opinion on the suppressor in the attachment section for the FAMAS.

Secondary Gadgets:

Another situation where it depends on the role you are trying to fulfill. Breach charges can be useful when the rest of your team has little breaching options, or if you are trying to be more aggressive. Breach charges open more paths for your team and can throw a wrench in the OpFors' defense. Taking a claymore may be ideal in a situation where you need to cover a spot where an enemy may pop outside or flank. A good choice if you are satisfied with the number of breachers on your team and/or you want to play a more support role with Twitch. I prefer a claymore if given the choice because I like the security they provide.

Without naming any specific maps, I would say that Twitch excels on a larger map that has variations in layout throughout the play area. This ideal map would also have many avenues for her drone to navigate with little obstacles (i.e. required jumping). Twitch can adapt her loadout to fit these varying map terrains (e.g. short/long range situations).

I can't decide on an all-encompassing reason to pick a specific game type for Twitch to excel in, but if I had to choose I would say bomb. Her ability to weaken a bomb site for optimal breaching, having the ability to cover a planter (or the planted defuser) from any distance and being able to place a claymore makes her very strong in this game mode in my opinion.

I would say any maps without the elements I described in part 4 would not be an ideal map for Twitch. I will say that she is least useful in hostage, but I believe Twitch is such a solid, overall operator that I certainly wouldn't say she is necessarily a bad pick for this game mode.

Thermite and Hibana immediately jump out as synergizing well with Twitch since she can remove those pesky Mute jammers and Bandit batteries. Ultimately, though, I would say she goes well with almost any team; she is quite a well rounded operator. Twitch can remove cameras, EDDs, open Mira windows (WITH COMMUNICATION PLEASE), clear Jagers' ADS and damage enemies which all helps the entire team. I would also consider IQ to be a decent match with Twitch in some situations involving Valkyrie cameras, but (in my opinion) IQ is taking up a slot that can probably be better utilized.

When considering Twitchs' ability (Twitch drone), her biggest counter comes in the form of WELL-PLACED mute jammers and deployable shields. The Twitch drone can hit a jammer from outside of jamming range but if you cannot get a good angle (generally going up stairs or a small, tight corner) you are effectively cut off from that route. Due to the Twitch drones' inability to jump, deployable shields in doorways will stop it in its' tracks.

Personally, I tend to play Twitch as a support role first, killing role second. I will spend the droning phase primarily seeking out cameras, but also looking for placed gadgets if I do not run a high risk of losing my drone (VERY important to keep Twitch drones alive if you can) since it can be utilized later in the match (having two now lowers the importance of this but I would still say it is highly ideal to save your drone). After this, I'll quickly take care of any lingering gadgets as I move my drone closer to objective (hidden). I generally provide medium to long range support for my team as we push, taking up whatever role I need to fill or do whatever I can with my drones as we progress (Twitch is so diverse I feel comfortable in most situations).

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran
    Learn to adapt, know how to prioritize your targets (what gadgets are most important to eliminate when you run the risk of losing your drone), communicate with your team on where certain gadgets are, as well as the location of enemies (as you will probably be on your drone more than most other teammates), learn camera locations (and popular indoor Valkyrie camera spots).

You can switch between both of your Twitch drones if they are both deployed (It isn't super user friendly, but still useful). Remember that you can use her drone as a major distraction while an enemies position is being pushed by strafing and shocking them. If you can keep your drone alive the enemy has to choose between not holding an angle and taking 10 damage ticks every 2-3 seconds. Bringing and enemy to 0 health with a Twitch drone does not down them, it simply kills them. The drone can also be useful for finishing off downed enemies that are out of sight of the attackers.

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    Twitch is a very strong, all-around attacker that can tear apart an enemy team before she even gets inside. Her ability is very useful, especially after receiving a second drone, and being able to use it in the drone phase. Being able to break apart a defenders plans and then have the ability to dish out a serious offensive threat makes her a high ranking pick in my opinion.

She does have weaknesses too, though. When I compare her to Thatcher (who you can argue carries a similar role in ways) I find that she struggles in a situation where a good enemy team is trying to protect a wall from a breach. Access points for her drone will be covered while Bandit will "trick" a wall, leaving nothing on the ground for her to even attempt to destroy (generally).

Use Twitch to eliminate enemy set-ups and throw wrenches in their plans, harass enemies when necessary and do not be afraid to be offensive; you have a good loadout and you should use it.

This is my first time posting to a thread like this. Thank you for reading and feel free to tell me how right/wrong I am, leave feedback and comment!
     3 people found this helpful

for me, twitch is a very reliable operator. she's helpfull to the team, her gadget counters almost all defender's gadgets (if used properly) and can really make a difference each round, any map.

she also has two of the best primary weapons, without being OP.
    the only thing that's bothering, is that the '417 semi' only has 10 rounds per mag, wich is a huge handicap. she could use an extended mag there...

oh... and I don't know if she has breaches, but imho she doesn't need them. she should be one of the last operators to enter the building, because she needs to scout with her drone for the team. I wouldn't give her a claymore either, because that could make her game too strong. so I'd think flashbangs or smokes are more suitable for her.

thx for reading. grts

1. Destroy all electronics within range of her shock drones. Also, distraction or attention seeker.
    2. Destroy the cameras outside duirng the prep phase then go inside. Hide your drone and NEVER EVER GO TO THE DEFENDERS DURING THE PREP PHASE. Do not give this drone the ability to jump too.
    3. FAMAS is just OP if you have good aim. I use this with the supressor and it is a killing machine along with ACOG and Vertical grip. Shame that this gun cant carry an angled grip. If you like the 417, go with the ACOG, grip and muzzle or supressor. I take breaching charges with her nearly all the time unless my team has Hibana and Thermite and which in that case, claymores go for me.
    4. All game modes, and all maps. One of the most versatile operators in the game.
    5. None, I don't find any bad maps or game modes for her.
    6. All operators.
    7. Mute
    8. Keep both drones alive is the maximum I'll give. I most of the time go lone wolf with her so I can find safe spots to control the drone, and I am normally one of the last alives of the team with her.
    9. Keep both drones alive. Take advantage of the simultaneous 2 drones. Destroy all outside cameras and then destroy electronics inside, never ever fire at a defender unless it is absolutely necessary, run away and hide your drones. Take advantage of her Saint Etienne rifle as it rivals Hibana's T-89 which I think is the main competitor of the F2.
    10. I would give her a 10/10 in her rating. I started this game with her and I use all the ladies as my mains. She is so versatile and lots of tactics can be done with her, provided that you KEEP BOTH DRONES ACTIVE.She is almost the perfect operator for me, mainly because the F2 is superb with the suppressor and the privilege to use both drones simultaneously without 1 of them being destroyed. She is also the first operator with which I got an Ace in ranked. I can't find any negatives with her except for the ELITE SKIN being too expensive!!!! I would put her close with Hibana in terms of my best operators with Hibana still having the slight edge. She suits my style perfectly, stealth, patient game, mind games, intelligence and timing. I wish she could be 3 speed but that would be too much for her because with her, 3 speed would be a dream...
     1 people found this helpful

Famas needs more recoil. Way too easy mode.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Sulu_Candles Go to original post
    I will open by saying: I am a level 168 with 545 hours of game time. I have been Platinum every season except for this season (for reasons that don't matter ). Take that information with however many grains of salt you want; I do not claim to be anywhere near a professional at this game, but I play it often, I am a fan of Twitch and I want to try to get better involved with the community in a positive way. So, here is my two cents:

----

This is my first time posting to a thread like this. Thank you for reading and feel free to tell me how right/wrong I am, leave feedback and comment!

Wow, Thanks for the level of effort and detail you put into this! Makes for a great read and some very helpful advice. It's clear you and Twitch go way back lol thanks for sharing! This is the type of information we'd like to get every week, and hopefully some players can use your advice to improve their game!

Originally Posted by Dikke_Neus Go to original post
    for me, twitch is a very reliable operator. she's helpfull to the team, her gadget counters almost all defender's gadgets (if used properly) and can really make a difference each round, any map.

she also has two of the best primary weapons, without being OP.
    the only thing that's bothering, is that the '417 semi' only has 10 rounds per mag, wich is a huge handicap. she could use an extended mag there...

oh... and I don't know if she has breaches, but imho she doesn't need them. she should be one of the last operators to enter the building, because she needs to scout with her drone for the team. I wouldn't give her a claymore either, because that could make her game too strong. so I'd think flashbangs or smokes are more suitable for her.

thx for reading. grts
    Thanks for sharing your feedback!

I'm always surprised if a Twitch enters the building before some major recon/drone play. Also I agree, she could really benefit from an Ext. mag on that 417.

Originally Posted by Krisperfectline Go to original post
    1. Destroy all electronics within range of her shock drones. Also, distraction or attention seeker.
    2. Destroy the cameras outside duirng the prep phase then go inside. Hide your drone and NEVER EVER GO TO THE DEFENDERS DURING THE PREP PHASE. Do not give this drone the ability to jump too.
    3. FAMAS is just OP if you have good aim. I use this with the supressor and it is a killing machine along with ACOG and Vertical grip. Shame that this gun cant carry an angled grip. If you like the 417, go with the ACOG, grip and muzzle or supressor. I take breaching charges with her nearly all the time unless my team has Hibana and Thermite and which in that case, claymores go for me.
    4. All game modes, and all maps. One of the most versatile operators in the game.
    5. None, I don't find any bad maps or game modes for her.
    6. All operators.
    7. Mute
    8. Keep both drones alive is the maximum I'll give. I most of the time go lone wolf with her so I can find safe spots to control the drone, and I am normally one of the last alives of the team with her.
    9. Keep both drones alive. Take advantage of the simultaneous 2 drones. Destroy all outside cameras and then destroy electronics inside, never ever fire at a defender unless it is absolutely necessary, run away and hide your drones. Take advantage of her Saint Etienne rifle as it rivals Hibana's T-89 which I think is the main competitor of the F2.
    10. I would give her a 10/10 in her rating. I started this game with her and I use all the ladies as my mains. She is so versatile and lots of tactics can be done with her, provided that you KEEP BOTH DRONES ACTIVE.She is almost the perfect operator for me, mainly because the F2 is superb with the suppressor and the privilege to use both drones simultaneously without 1 of them being destroyed. She is also the first operator with which I got an Ace in ranked. I can't find any negatives with her except for the ELITE SKIN being too expensive!!!! I would put her close with Hibana in terms of my best operators with Hibana still having the slight edge. She suits my style perfectly, stealth, patient game, mind games, intelligence and timing. I wish she could be 3 speed but that would be too much for her because with her, 3 speed would be a dream...
    In case anyone missed it, KEEP THOSE DRONES ALIVE OR KRISPERFECTLINE WILL BE AFTER YOU.

Thanks for sharing the feedback with us, glad to see so much love for Twitch!

Insevin's Avatar Senior Member

1) In your opinion, what is this operatorís primary or ideal role in the team?
    Offensive, Drone Support

2) The operatorís gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    Destroy gadgets, disorient/distract defenders. Especially useful since it can be used in the prep phase.

3) The operatorís loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    F2 is best option, high fire rate and accuracy lead to a deadly weapon. I generally use holo and score easy kills headshots or not. With holo I don't get freebie headshots either, like ACOG weapons (wink wink MP7, 416C, R4-C). Claymore is a good choice, or breach charges if you have to. I dislike the revolver so use the P9. The 417 and shotgun have situational uses but are basically outplayed by the F2 capabilities.

Any. The weapons are deadly and the drone is useful anywhere. If there is one map that gives me a little trouble, at least getting inside during prep phase, it would be Favela. Spawning on top the opposite buildings sucks.

None.

Thermite/Hibana - you destroy Mute or Bandit devices to allow breach of reinforced walls. Fuze/Capitao - finish off the enemies that they injure. IQ - destroy gadgets that she ID's (communication fully required for this one).

6A) This is an amusing counter to Echo. Drone vs. Drone and all he can do is evade or lead you back to him which gives him away.

Mute - if he jams the proper position, you may not get the drone in. Anybody with a deployable shield in a doorway - cannot enter. Anybody with barb wire - slow down the drone for an easy shot.

Harass with my drones and attack when drones are done or when my presence in the flesh is required, I'll get off and fight. I play aggressively since I know I have high DPS and can kill quickly.

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    Play safe with the drones, and don't leave them exposed especially when the prep phase ends. Use the F2.

This is among my top 3 favorite operators. Twitch is one of the most elite operators thanks to the robust F2, good speed and hitbox.

Originally Posted by Insevin Go to original post
    1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    Offensive, Drone Support

2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    Destroy gadgets, disorient/distract defenders. Especially useful since it can be used in the prep phase.

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    F2 is best option, high fire rate and accuracy lead to a deadly weapon. I generally use holo and score easy kills headshots or not. With holo I don't get freebie headshots either, like ACOG weapons (wink wink MP7, 416C, R4-C). Claymore is a good choice, or breach charges if you have to. I dislike the revolver so use the P9. The 417 and shotgun have situational uses but are basically outplayed by the F2 capabilities.

Any. The weapons are deadly and the drone is useful anywhere. If there is one map that gives me a little trouble, at least getting inside during prep phase, it would be Favela. Spawning on top the opposite buildings sucks.

None.

Thermite/Hibana - you destroy Mute or Bandit devices to allow breach of reinforced walls. Fuze/Capitao - finish off the enemies that they injure. IQ - destroy gadgets that she ID's (communication fully required for this one).

6A) This is an amusing counter to Echo. Drone vs. Drone and all he can do is evade or lead you back to him which gives him away.

Mute - if he jams the proper position, you may not get the drone in. Anybody with a deployable shield in a doorway - cannot enter. Anybody with barb wire - slow down the drone for an easy shot.

Harass with my drones and attack when drones are done or when my presence in the flesh is required, I'll get off and fight. I play aggressively since I know I have high DPS and can kill quickly.

Play safe with the drones, and don't leave them exposed especially when the prep phase ends. Use the F2.

This is among my top 3 favorite operators. Twitch is one of the most elite operators thanks to the robust F2, good speed and hitbox.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Insevin!