SkyChimp's Avatar Senior Member
    ...will FB run on an Apple system? If so, does anyone play on one? Thoughts?

Regards,
    SkyChimp

SkyChimp's Avatar Senior Member
    ...will FB run on an Apple system? If so, does anyone play on one? Thoughts?

Regards,
    SkyChimp

Rajvosa's Avatar Banned
    Nope.

I prefer oranges.

Golf GTI Edition 2.0 16v

APPLES are for nerds - nerds don't buy and play silly games like IL2FB ... Am I right or am I right?

How about a banana for you, Chimp?

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    I believe there is almost no gaming support for Apples. It just is not the market that they pander to.

Now, if you are tlaking high end graphics production, then tha Apple is in it's element.

BlitzPig_EL

I (obviously a nerd..) own one so i should know; Apples don`t fly FB, but if they would, my oh my.........
    Greetings from a Nerd!

They are expensive and the performance claims they make are totally bogus.

A PC of the same price is much faster.

I love OSX. It has a gorgeous user interface. I think itâ's the best GUI anyone has come up with.

They have concentrated on making it easy to use, which is just what your average home user wants.

But the number of games/applications that will run on this OS is very small compared to Windows.

To sum up.

Donâ't bother with a Mac.

Also itâ's only a matter of time before they switch to PC processors.

So they will then just be PCâ's in a very nice case.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    A Macintosh (from personal experience) is like a more expensive, fancier, more crash prone, version of the PC. If you want to use Photoshop and Acrobat the Mac will work for you, if you want to do anything else then the PC is by far the best choice with the most rugged options and any good and well built PC will function better than any Mac I'd care to throw its way.

- IceFire

Hah. Playing Medal of Honor on a dual G5 with a 23" LCD is like looking out a window. And when Call of Duty comes out in a few weeks, you're gonna have to deal with a bunch of Low Ping Bastards from art school - or one particular ad agency I could mention...

But not much for flight sims. That's a shame, for certain kinds of number crunching a G5 kicks *** - ask anyone in biosciences, look up the specs on IBM's site or check out what the #3 supercomputer is a cluster of. And who wouldn't want a flight sim running atop a modern Unix-based OS instead of Windows ? I should send Oleg some of IBM's P4 vs G5 comparisons :-)

Instability on OS X these days is either a) hardware (probably RAM) or VERY poorly written software (usually Microsoft amusingly enough). I have one lemon in the office that'll freeze up in Internet Explorer but the rest just won't crash at all.

Veteran - Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force. 1993-1951.