Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses: House

This discussion will focus on the map House. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

For this edition we will discuss House.

Link to House Info HERE
    House Wiki
    Rainbow Six Complete Guide

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this map. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is the best area of the map for defenders/attackers?
    2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    3) The camera placement, how well is the map covered by defender cameras?
    4) Objective placements, which is your favorite location? Least favorite?
    5) Which game modes do you prefer on this map?
    6) Spawn locations. yay or nay on the current locations?
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently?
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?

Link to past discussions that are still open for your posting pleasure:

Operators
    Tachanka
    Doc
    Ash
    Fuze

Maps

Bartlett University
    Skyscraper
    Bank

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    The defenders best defending location is living room because of thr freedom to roam. The best room to artack is master bedroom because of how congested it is. 2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    The Recruits make good spawn rushers and peekers on house especially running out to peek side street. The recruit can make it to the trash cans and prefire before getting detected. If you spawn there there is nothing you can do about it if he is a good shot. I struggle with 3 speed operators because if the limited movement.
    The Cameras covers the entire map quite well but the camera on river docks needs to be moved because you can't see anything with it.
    My favourite location is living room because the ability to run outside and quickly get in from anywhere. I despise kids bed room and garage.
    5) Which game modes do you prefer on this map? I prefer secure areas and hostage over bomb any day.
    6) Spawn locations. yay or nay on the current locations? Nay on every single one of them because it is facing angles only defenders can see you spawn at pretty well.
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently? It made me play like a cancerous player so toxic that it should be redesigned as a Mansion.
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map? Awful and should be remade as stated or expanded.
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map? Watch out for the god like spawn peeks and run outs.
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?
    I'd rank it low but the spots are already filled with the dlc maps so I'll say I'd give it a solid 4 on rating
     1 people found this helpful

Insevin's Avatar Senior Member
    Attackers are best off entering from the top the majority of the time. Defenders are best off roaming, and generally being out of the actual objective room, aside from Master Bedroom and Garage in certain situations. Too many Defenders on site is a fatal mistake. Attackers getting spawn peeked is a fatal mistake for them. The best room is basement, if the enemy forgot Thermite - but beware breakable ceilings.

2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    Thermite - breaching garage
    Fuze - clearing out defenders from rooms
    Ops with frags - very close quarters makes grenades useful to flush out the enemy
    Jager - sightlines and peeking
    Cav/Pulse - good potential for flanking
    Mira - some pretty good angles for the mirrors

Very good, one of the best in the game, easy since the map is so small

I hate living room with the billard table. There are 4 windows and a large door, it feels too exposed. At least you can make holes in the corner near the double single pane windows/staircase, as well as blow holes in the floor and defend from the gym area. Kid's bedroom can be bad if defenders reinforce all the walls. The rest are decent objectives.

Secure/Hostage. Feels too small for bomb

Dislike the river dock spawn, others are good

No, but it was one of the first I ever played in the beta

Pretty small, but with a classic feel

Expect quick encounters and little space to maneuver

Its a good map, not a mega fan but its good.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    House has its ups and downs just like any other map. But it's size pushes the rounds quicker for more adept players. Anywhere upstairs is prime location for the defenders. Given the destructibility, a team can take over the entire upper floor while walking the perimeter. Attacking is the same every round. Upstairs to downstairs with drones and clear leaders. Any combination of attackers Dominating the floors from top to bottom have it made for the most part.

Don't bother watching the cams because they are gone. A good team can have ALL of them out within seconds of starting the round. I would suggest changing the location of a few but there really isn't any time to watch them unless you're dead. It's just too fast a map for that.

I really don't mind any mode..but up/down bomb sux. Just as long as you put me at the river docks though Im good. You can throw a drone on top of a lamp pole and have a handy dandy street cam.

There really isn't a whole lot to say without giving away some trade secrets. Its a point and shoot map with plenty of flanking and window jumping going on. Watch your flanks and make your shot.
     2 people found this helpful

the only change I can think of, is move the hatch from the kitchen , wich leads to the basement, over to the dining room.

Move it in front of the dining room window. Under the hatch that leads to the master bedroom. so the hatch provides direct access to the garage.

it allows for tons of different angles and acces routes if you think it trough.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone!

House was the first map I got put into when I started playing Siege and I was immediately rekt. As you guys mentioned already, matches go so much quicker due to the map size than everywhere else, so it can be a bit much in that aspect but at the same time, it's much easier to learn the layout because of how little there is to memorize.

I don't necessarily love House, but I have grown much more used to the "Flow" of matches there.

Looking forward to hearing others weigh in!

Defenders: Garage
    Attackers: Kids bedroom

Defenders: Jager, Valerie, bandit, smoke
    Attackers: Glaz, buck, bb, ash, montagne, thermite, and thatcher

The map is well covered but the outside cams could be repositioned

I don't like defending bomb in kids and workshop. It is too difficult to cross the hallway without getting shot

Secure, hostage

Is meh an option? I typically spawn construction because river docks and APC is a death trap.

I roam significantly more

It is small but not bad to play

Rappelling results in an early death. There are many spots to run out and hit you from and the risk is not worth the reward. Try to avoid the balcony outside of master.

Not as high ranking amongst others but definitely better than favelas. When playing against experienced players, 10 people in a small area doesn't work out very well.

9) if you are defending kids bedroom, dont reinforce the walls instead blow them up. if you are the attacker then wallbang the windows, almost always a kill.

I was in a Secure Area match on house (Kids Bedroom) recently, my team reinforced all the walls, trapped up the windows, and 3 of them sat right in the middle of the room.

-Enter Fuze
    -Goodbye teammates

@Ai_GittedGud Next time, I'll try taking down the walls before they get a chance to ruin my life

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I had video of Tachanka shredding the walls from construction to kids,stairs and closet during the prep phase, but It's not readily available.

That and we also blew holes on both sides of the main entrance interior overhang (bathroom and construct hall) and ready to nade the shredded up closet to prevent the timer if need be. You can make it very difficult when kids bedroom has 0 hiding spots to take over until you drone kill a few defenders first.

PS. My son said to bring Frost's shotgun..