Valkyrie OP or git gud?

Not only after it's patch have I seen much more people using her but also she being too quick. Way too quick, more than all assassins, but with her stun combos and the extra range making it one of the hardest characters to face, even if you turtle or she does.

Anyone else feeling the same?
     3 people found this helpful

Capoupacap's Avatar Senior Member
    I had issues with her even before the patch lol

High guard and ready to dodge!

I have more trouble with a well-played, pre-patch Valkyrie than I do with a Nobushi (I play Lawbringer). I bet it's going to be oodles of fun once the patch hits consoles, lol.

I do feel that she is a tad bit too fast.

I agree she needed to get a bit of a buff, but I feel like they went a little overboard. Those light attacks are so damn fast.

Originally Posted by Felis_Menari Go to original post
    I have more trouble with a well-played, pre-patch Valkyrie than I do with a Nobushi (I play Lawbringer). I bet it's going to be oodles of fun once the patch hits consoles, lol.
    Lawbringer is my second main (Warden is my main) and I just can't find a way to defeat a valkyrie now using him. With other characters I do, yet still is pretty damn difficult. With that said, Ubi said they're buffing the big fella, which doesn't remove the opinion that Valkyrie is still to quick. As for "nopubes", do the world a favor and make them suffer. Honor my a$$ with dem hoes.

Originally Posted by ArchonisTV Go to original post
    I do feel that she is a tad bit too fast.

I agree she needed to get a bit of a buff, but I feel like they went a little overboard. Those light attacks are so damn fast.
    I think exactly the same.

Im playing warden, and im not having too hard a time against her. Shes definately strong but I dont think OP. I just make sure to parry all her hits and try bash her around (that sounds wrong!) because if you let her get into a rhythm she can end you pretty quick! My only gripe is that its hard to get the GB after a parry though. But I guess thats the bonus of a spear/polearm.

I will say she is the bane of my existance when fighting a group, constant leg sweep spam or bash to ground spam! But I guess thats just part of the game...

Moving forward though I hope thay decide to calm down with the bash-to-floor/leg-sweep heros, as I feel it could break the game having too many of them in the 4v4 modes.

I wanna say it's mostly lag, valk has certain combos of attacks if they hit you with the 1st one, she's guaranteed the 2nd hit. At least that's what I thought until tonight. I side stepped out of the way of said combo, and even deflected it once and parried it once, all in the same match obviously. So wanted to do some testing, I grabbed a lvl 3 valk bot and sure enough 100% of the time her pokey pokey is not guaranteed if the 1st one hits when you have 0 lag. I think her buff made her movements a little too fast, and with a little latency actually changes her play style.

teksuo1's Avatar Senior Member
    i'm getting wrecked by some of them. she's like pk regarding attackspeed with the addition of nice throwdowns/guaranteed heavies.
    She's a little bit overwhelming when a good players plays her.

it was noticeable right on patch day.

*she does have a lot of moves that put her at risk though. the opportunity to wreck her back can absolutely show up.

i'm continuously getting rekt by them and i'm glad it's not just me. Once i get caught with a stab it's over, just stab stab shield bash decked free big hit get up knocked down free big hit dead. Same sequence every time and a pain to avoid, just a silly lock that once you're in you just die and counter play is made ever harder by the insane reach/speed/damage and ability to revenge turtle. I can never seem to do enough damage to even break even on trades. When I get them to do 10% playing very well then they get one combo in and kill me i just lose my **** for real. I know i got to get skills yet but this champ in particular is finishing top most games i see one in.

As a Valkyrie mainer - and a fairly good one if i have to say so myself - ill give tou this 1 tip against us;
    Block!

1 single block is all it takes to reset a valkyrie. And if you're a skilled opponent you can block atleast once.
    Like 80% of our attacks are light attacks. Whereas every other class can "safely" (relatively anyway) open with a heavy, a valkyrie will just own herself if she tries it.

She is a high-risk class; she can dominate if the opponent lets her, but she is by far the easiest class to reset.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►