Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses : Fuze

This edition of "R6 Community Discusses" will focus on the operator FUZE. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

So let's discuss Fuze:

Link to R6 Operator Information Fuze HERE
    Fuze Wiki

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

Link to past discussions that are still open for your posting pleasure:

Operators:
    Tachanka
    Doc
    Ash

Maps:
    Bartlett University
    Skyscraper
    Bank

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Useless waste of a operator slot that actively hinders the team.
    Until he fixed to where his own charges don't instantly kill him and teammates on the same floor he set the charge on. He is useless.
     2 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    This weeks discussion will focus on
    This edition of "R6 Community Discusses" will focus on
    I just want to take a moment to do a friendly jab at ya Zoro. I noticed you changed the line from 'week' to..well..nothing really lol. Does this mean that sometimes our "Discusses" are going to be a month long like the last one..Bank?

Fuse eh?..well we all know him..whats not to love?

1. He is there to blow $hit up..again and again..
    2. How does blowing $hit up help the team?..um..I guess you would have to experience it for yourself. What do you think Zoro? (you still owe us one from the first discussion..)
    3. Doesn't matter..after 15 nades you should be good.
    4. Hostage..yes hostage. (Same as #3)
    5. Some say Hostage but I say nay. Same as #4
    6. Anyone with a drone...but basically same as #5..
    7. Anyone with good headsets..and..hmm..Twitch already took out everything (in the prep phase)..so I guess same as #6
    8. I will wait (or ask) for someone to breach or start combat so I don't get window-banged planting.
    9. Defending I will open every window/door near me in the prep phase unless its hostage. I bring him to hostage..nobody's in the room anyways so I feel hostage is probably the best mode for him.
    10. He's an ok operator. When I go 3 games without a kill I'll pick him up and get a few..just to make me feel better.
     1 people found this helpful

Killing team mates and hostages
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    It helps the team lose the round by shooting teammate seeking explosive hockey pucks.
    3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    The AK12 is also excellent at killing team mates.
    Fuze is capable of losing any game mode for his team
    Fuze is incapable of struggling at murdering his team.
    Fuze DGAF, he'll murder em all.
    You're kidding right?
    I try to set off my fuze charge as far away from my team mates as possible to hi-light the team mate seeking behavior of the hockey pucks.
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    Always pick fuze on hostage rounds
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    God tier

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team? Clearing out objective.

2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion. His gadget helps the team by killing 2 or 3 people without actually having to do much.

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets. His weapons are decent, not great, but his gadget more than makes up for it. Get above objective and it's game over.

4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on? Any map with objectives you can fuze above from. So, most. Secure and bomb are ideal.

5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on? Can't be used (yet still is by some...) on hostage, for obvious reasons.

6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team? Anyone who can accompany him to take above objective, then let him do his thing to clear out the whole room. I guess Thatcher can be useful to clear out any mute jammers on windows and walls.

7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator? Jager should, but doesn't. Mute does on windows and walls, but easy to bypass that with Thatcher or by going above. Castle is perfect for Fuze, makes it much easier and safer for him/ Apparently all 3 of these work well together to stop him, not that that makes him OP of course....

8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why? Plant the charge, detonate and watch the easy kills roll in.

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step? There's not really much to know, is there? Easily the operator most likely to get as close to free kills as you can in this game. I don't know, don't Fuze hostage?

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators? Ridiculously OP at present. People mention the counters yet I guarantee they don't stop him setting off at least one charge every round. His damage radius is unreal, I'm straight out dying at 100 health from literally half a room away. Gave him an extra charge too, for good measure, just to make it that much easier for him. Then there's the obvious scripting on the pucks that clearly just shoot out to find and kill regardless of where you are. Impossibly daft teamkill moments where the pucks bounce back outside the room or even onto different floors etc...

So let's discuss Fuze:

Link to R6 Operator Information Fuze HERE
    Fuze Wiki

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team? Bring chaos and destroy gadgets of enemies

2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion. Destroy gadgets of enemies

3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets. His weapons are not good and the shield is useless for a slow operator like him

4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?He is welcome into all maps but not at all levels of the map. Teamwork and communication is a must to ensure that no rusher will destroy all the windows and doors to try get kills instead to teamwork. Rushers are not teammates, they are greed runner drop-shooters that like to play alone and they do destroy the team work and strategies.

5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on? At Save the Hostage he is very dangerous. His weapons are very bad and the shield is useless for a slow operator like him

4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?He is welcome into all maps but not to all levels of the map. Teamwork and communication is a must to ensure that no rusher will destroy all the windows and doors to make Fuze useless. Rushers are not teammates, they are greed runner drop-shooters that like to play alone and destroy the team work.

6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team? Anyone that can keep watching his back. Jackal is great to stay with Fuze. The synergy is all about players and not specific between operators only. The synergy of teamwork!

7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator? He is very slow so he can't deal with any level 3 speed as they are drop-shooters! He always loose just like a few other operators do. Drop-shots are still unbalanced in a very bad way. Are you seeing Fuze? Drop-shot and kill him, it works on 90% of the encounters! And I hate that simple because drop-shots are more superhero alike than a actually tactical move.

8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why? Place the first cluster charge and move fast to the place where you want to place the second one, fire the first cluster charge and place the second one. Move to the next place where you want to place the third and last one. Fire the second one and place the third one and fire at will.

9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step? Don't use the cluster charges in the very same place. Move to a far way point or just a little bit! Never play with selfish players as they are always trying hard to destroy this game and the gameplay. You will probably team kill them by mistake and they will even blame you simple because they are useless as teammates and they don't care about enemies gadgets.

10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators? He is unique so he is a very welcome operator for specific purpose. He is OK if in the right place and time!

Let's talk about Fuze:

Cluster charges:

A) Less clusters is bad idea because he will be useless again;
    B) Decrease the range of the clusters charges is bad as well because he will be useless again;
    C) Down players instead of kill them will bring the option to use Fuze at Save the Hostage as he will only down the hostage and enemies. That will be the real chaos for defenders!

Counter-Fuze:

1. Fuze is almost not present in Save the Hostage, so relax when in that game mode. Be aware of the game mode before you choose your operator;
    2. Fuze is a very slow operator so you can use a lots of operators to get where he is and kill him;
    3. Fuze got a really bad weapons so don´t be afraid to engage in a gun fight with him;
    4. Fuze is always in the right spot to place his clusters charge so be aware of those spots when you know what map you is about to play;

The idea when using Fuze IS TO BRING CHAOS TO ENEMIES! What would you expect? They are terrorist! Would you like to have him throwing candies rather than clusters chargers? Grow up, skill-up, level-up and improve your gameplay!

So the biggest issue with Fuze are his weapons, they are really bad. He is also very slow so he can't deal with any drop-shooters! He always loose just like a few other operators do. Drop-shots are still unbalanced in a very bad way. Are you seeing Fuze? Drop-shot and kill him, it works on 90% of the encounters! And I hate that simple because drop-shots are more superhero alike than a actually tactical move.

More and more non-skilled players are asking to remove game modes, maps and to nerf or buff operators. For me it is clear that these players are here to win at any cost and not to play the game in a fair way.

Cheers

Here is something I've suggested early last year: A MUST FOR FUZE: WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE WHICH CLUSTERS CHARGERS YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE FOR THAT SPECIFIC GAMEMODE AND MAP. WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE THE OPTION TO CHOOSE WHAT WILL BE IN THE CLUSTERS CHARGERS: SMOKE GRENADES, FLASHBANGS OR FRAG.
     1 people found this helpful

1) Brining chaos and luring out opponents which are almost unreachable for safest direct approach.
    2) Helps to shake up the objective room so once you see that nobody is dead or injured you can actually rush in the obj room with your team. Ofc. this is impossible with random players connected so Fuze demands teamplay, otherwise this is just pointless and risky pick.
    3) AK-12 for any occasion. Somehow you've decided to make it a "850 rate of fire" gun which makes it similar to Ash's R-4C, C7E and Type-89 - extremely owerpowered recoil absence with full set of attachments: muzzle break, vertical grip, russian ACOG = headshot machine working on any distance. Pecheneg is not useless but it's not even near close to be an alternative for AK-12 in any occasion.

To make such weapons ( AK-12, R-4C, C7E and Type-89) balanced you need to rework your attachments buffs: vertical grip should work as it is now BUT along with that increase side stagger while firing. Angled grip should do opposite - reducing side recoil but increasing vertical. No quick aiming - delete it from the game entirely or bring us more attachments.

As for now, mentioned guns are just insanely OP with short bursts and if you look closely, such thing is unreachable without any attachments. I thought attachments are here to slightly tune your weapon for yourself, not to change it's behaviour completely. Just remove all attachments from Type and AK-12 and see how far it goes which is ridiculous on my opinion.

AK-12 should have 650 fire rate and weapon attachments need rebalancing.

Here's the wiki link, that should help you to balance this weapon properly:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-12

Breach charge is a must in 99% cases.

Shield is only needed when you see that server is just bad and there are no chances for you to be alive except having a shield. If you are that lucky person who lives across the road from data center then you don't need to pick a shield at all.

IMO Fuze should have claymores instead of flash grenades. That would stack perfectly with his gadget.

4) Modes: anything but hostage obviously. Except you are playing in full premade and you know what to do. Maps: any.

5) Hostage. Works on any map except those obj positions which got no cardboard ceiling.

6) IQ may help to detect Pusle which can ruin the entire cluster tactic by C4ing Fuze through ceiling/wall. Same with Jackal. Thatcher could help with destroying jammers to allow Fuze to fuze if Thatcher had at least one more EMP since all of those are spent on helping Thermite/Hibana in most cases. In some cases Glaz can help to cover opposite side of the map (Kanal) so nobody comes outside to kill Fuze while he's placing his charges. Twitch also can make alot of chaos and noize to distract enemy so they won't hear fuze charge.

7) Pulse. Combination of Castle and Mute. Valkyrie with ouside cams. Echo with proper drone positioning. Wanted to name Jager but he isn't since that last Fuze buff.

8) Droning spots where possible clown could appear while I'm placing my charges. Waiting for "war" part of the round: once there are alot of "war" shooting and explosions it's a perfect time to place a cluster then to go to the nearest safe window/ceiling/wall, detonate 1st charge and place the second one right here immediately and detonate it so you cover up more space with your gadget by brining 10 hockey pucks in a row.

9) For new: always check the game mode and after that consider picking (or not) Fuze. No tips for veterans - why do you think veterans need any tips anyways? Veterans already know who is Fuze and his purpose.

10) Overall, he is pretty solid. He got armor, not so big head hitbox, and that insane AK-12. Mostly he is not a must pick, at least for me, since I'm playing against people who know pretty much everything about Fuze and they are always ready to counter him. But once you see that your opponents are 0-100 clearance levels he is a must pick because most of those won't even hear/recognize your cluster placing until it's too late. So you will wipe out alot of enemy team members.

Room clearing and equipment destroying.

One cluster charge fires five small grenades with a damage radius of 4.2m, up to 1.2m which is lethal and beyond that non-lethal (2.0m lethal radius for operators with light armor). The cluster charge fires the grenades in to random direction within a specific radius from where it was placed (good to note that sometimes a cluster grenade may bug out and bounce around in an unrealistic fashion; should be looked in to), which makes it ideal for destroying enemy equipment that EMP's/Shock Drones cannot destroy (barbed wire, depl. shields and welcoming mats), and for forcing enemies out of a specific area in preparation of an aggressive objective takeover.

Some people view Fuze's cluster charges as overpowered, easy kill machine. This is highly false and I will tell some reasons as to why Fuze is shrouded by this illusion of overpowerdness:

- Fuze's ability to kill with his cluster charges is most heavily dependent on how much attention the enemy is paying. If none is paid (if this is true, you're playing the game wrong), easy kills may occur.
    - Cluster charges' ability to kill is second most dependent on whether or not the enemy has closed themselves in. If all surfaces a cluster charge can be placed against are not covered (Jäger, Mute, Castle+Mute, being guarded by a roamer etc.) when a team has closed themselves in to an objective, death is inevitable.

These two scenarios are most of the time connected with new players, who don't know any better yet. Can you guess which part of the players you most commonly see screaming bloody murder over Fuze's cluster charges when they are killed by them? You guessed it - the new players, as they don't know any better.

Now for ways to counter Fuze's clusters, which I've tried nailing through the thick skulls of those who say he is OP, but thus far have all refused to listen against better judgement:

- Fuze's biggest enemy is a defender that pays attention. Defenders who pay attention can blind fire Fuze through barricades, walls and in some situations even through ceilings. They can also shoot out the cluster charge mid-detonation, denying it the ability to eject all of its grenades and scoring you 10 brownie points for a destroyed enemy equipment. Running is the easiest thing to do, but does open a window of opportunity for a well-coordinated attacker team if they successfully force you to vacate the site. All this is very easy to accomplish even for those that pay only a slight amount of attention, because a cluster charge emits two very loud and distinctive sounds when pulled out for deployment and whilst being deployed - cluster being pulled out sounding like a sequence of loud clicks, and it being deployed just going CA-CHANK-CLUNK. You don't need virtual surround sound in your headset to be able to hear that and recognize what direction it is coming from, it is that distinctive

- Jäger is the direct option. Place Magpies around the objective and if you are too late to shoot Fuze his cluster charge or to run, simply move to one of the Magpies - almost never more than 2 cluster charges fly towards the exact same direction, meaning a Magpie has a fair chance of saving your life if you clutch on to one as if it was your first born child.

- Castle/Mute combo is a very good option, especially in casual where Thatcher has a low pick rate. You just castle up some windows and slap mute jammers behind 'em and ta-da, you are set. If you know the enemy team likes to play Twitch, then just keep your eyes on the floor once in a while - Castle/Mute combo also prevents people from planting breaching charges on the windows, and if an Ash or a Sledge destroys the castle then that just means Fuze can't use his cluster charges on that window.

These methods are mostly applied by people who have passed the somewhat clumsy understanding phase of how Siege differs from other competitive FPS games and have gained a general grasp on the flow of the game. In other words: Anyone who applies common sense and is willing to learn & adapt, will make life a living hell for Fuze players.

I'll go through the loadout that I use:

Primary: AK-12 - reflex sight, fore grip, compensator
    Secondary: Makarov - muzzle flash
    Sec. Gadget: Breaching charges

AK 12 - The reflex sight offers the best visibility, as it obstructs your vision around the reticle the least whilst ADS'ing. AK-12 having a high rate of fire, fore grip and compensator are two must-picks for the weapon if you wish to control its massive recoil (best suited for medium-to-close range combat).

Makarov - Well it's either muzzle flash or a silencer... And you won't be doing much sneaking as Fuze, so...

Breaching charges - A man's gotta breach.

Bomb and Secure Area are his forte gamemodes for obvious reasons. Cafe, Favela and Skyscraper are the maps where he shines the most out of all.

Hostage is a struggle for steep majority of Fuze players, some know how to handle him in that gamemode however. Oregon and Yacht are hellish for Fuze, with little to no surfaces to cluster from that wouldn't expose him to blind fire as a result of his loud cluster charge deployment sequence; lack of destructible ceilings and hatches positioned over objectives as well.

Note: Any maps I didn't mention where Fuze either struggles or shines on are middle ground. Some objective areas are in his favor, some aren't. Nothing special.

Thatcher, if the enemy team uses Mute, Jäger and/or Castle during their defender rounds.

Mute by himself, Castle/Mute combined and Jäger are the direct counters. Literally anyone however (as I established before in that lengthy piece above) can counter him, as long as they pay attention - attention of which not much is needed to hear Fuze.

I'd love to tell you, I really would. But I'm afraid if I told you here, then what I've learned would soon enough spread like wildfire; I've never seen anyone else do what I do when I've seen Fuze. I urge however any Ubisoft associate to ask me in PM's about my tricks and strategies for Fuze(community manager, moderator, developer etc.), as I would like to confirm that the tricks I pull whilst playing Fuze are completely legitimate.

It's like a "chef's secret ingredient" sort of a deal, except in a tactical-competitive FPS game.

I only have on thing to say and this goes for everyone: Do NOT pick Fuze on Hostage if you have no clue what you are doing with him on Hostage.

If I had to rate him, I'd give him a 8 / 10 for newbie tier matches (rank 0-20); 6 / 10 for vet players. Fuze is a fun operator to play if you are a newbie playing against other newbies as it is a source of a lot of kills (both enemy and friendly, hence why you're still a newbie then). As a veteran player pick you learn to appreciate his ability to destroy equipment on-site that an EMP or a shock drone won't even haze (welcoming mats, barbed wire and deployable shields).

In my heart however, with all the tricks I've learned in order to take Fuze even further than just mindless cluster charging? Fuze will always be a 10 / 10. :')

- His role is to kill your team and the hostage. Or am I wrong? Well that happens everytime Im playing hostage, there is someone who fuzes straight into the hostage room.

-

- They are fine

- Every, if it is not hostage.

- Nowhere

- All do well, you just need to drive into rooms with your drone and tell the fuze where to fuze.

- Guess it is Pulse? But if the enemy team has fuze + IQ, then you are fked. Once you see the bombs you can pray that you wont die.

- Im not playing this champ because its not fun killing enemies like rats.

- Never play fuze when there is a hostage.
    - Fuze straight into the bombs room. 1 kill guaranteed because jäger cant block all fuze bombs. If there is a jammer, then try other place. Jammers in room mean there is someone camping.
    - Try to get a twitch into your team to destroy the jammers.

- The operator is simply TOO strong. You dont have to do ANYTHING to get any kills. You just go to a wall, door, window,.. and you use your fuze.. Fuze has the most ******ed and OP skill compared to other operators.

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Are we not going to address that fuze can kill himself after placing a cluster charge? Or that players become invincible after the 2nd detonation of a cluster charge?
    So if I fuze a room and injure a player then fuze that same spot why doesnt it kill that player?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►