Helix rifts in AC Unity are hints to future games

what made me think of this is that the first rift took you to the late 1800s around the same time as syndicate was set so does that mean that the next game wont be set in Egypt or japan but instead world war 2 and the 2018 game in medieval Europe but what a lot of fans wouldn't like about ww2 is that it would be to modern i personally felt syndicate was way to modern so less than 100 years ago would be pushing it but i but i would love it if it had the following line:the gunblade has two parts the gun and the blade but anyways then after the medieval one we would get egypt then japan so you like my theory or do you think i'm just overthinking the helix rifts?

ArmanYeghoyan's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by CrazyBunny306 Go to original post
    what made me think of this is that the first rift took you to the late 1800s around the same time as syndicate was set so does that mean that the next game wont be set in Egypt or japan but instead world war 2 and the 2018 game in medieval Europe but what a lot of fans wouldn't like about ww2 is that it would be to modern i personally felt syndicate was way to modern so less than 100 years ago would be pushing it but i but i would love it if it had the following line:the gunblade has two parts the gun and the blade but anyways then after the medieval one we would get egypt then japan so you like my theory or do you think i'm just overthinking the helix rifts?
    Soon or late we will sure see
    1.Ancient Egypt
    2.Feudal Japan
    3.Medieval Europe
    4.World War 1
    5.World War2
     1 people found this helpful

I think you're wayyyy overthinking it. The rifts sole purpose was to show of France in other major points in history. There is more than enough evidence to affirmatively state the next game will be Empire, set in Ancient Egypt. And I doubt we would ever see a World War 2 game. The WW1 part of Syndicate is as close to that as we'll get. Especially since there's a French comic being made about WW2. That's a location that is better for the comics.
     2 people found this helpful

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    The Belle Epoque is, for many, the sort of prototypical view of France- not dissimilar to how England is often highly categorized with Victorian London, Italy associated with Ancient Rome, and Egypt often still thought of in its ancient incarnation.

Considering Syndicate took place in 1868 and the Belle Epoque ranged 1871-1914, I'm not even sure we can even call this a coincidence- but if we could, then yes, it's absolutely a coincidence that one of three rifts managed to fit within the confines of a 43 year long period that almost contained the setting of the next game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have WWII Egypt, and we may well get a rift for it- but I seriously doubt it'll be the full setting.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Nah. Belle Epoque was in there specifically because that's how most people romantically envision Paris. WWII was just an excuse to climb the Eiffel Tower. And Medieval was just a callback to the Jacques de Molay sequence.
     2 people found this helpful