🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer" Javik (Mass Effect)

Stop trying to play duels in team modes...the only honor is in victory
     1 people found this helpful

DrExtrem's Avatar Senior Member
    On the other hand.

I played one of my rare dominion matches vs. players. The matchmaking was horrible. One really useless bot level one on my team and one of my team members left after being killed for the third time.

I was playing with my warden - sadly, with a player vs. AI loadout (stupid me). My pvp loadout is very defensive.

My opponents, while being low level, were excellent fighters, who could turtle very good. Especially that lawbringer with permanent revenge. The berzerker dealt 66 dmg over strike - without powerup - the zerker was level one but fully equipped btw. The other two were clanmates.

Two players and two useless bots vs. good players, who were partially teamed. Off course i resorted to cliffs and murder holes. It was that or leaving the game. I am not really proud of it but you gave to use the disadvantage of your enemy, if outnumbered. We lost but they needed time to defeat us.

For all of you...

If you got problem with finding honor in FOR HONOR that simply means that...you lost. Honor is found by winning. No matter how, no one ever asked warrior how he won. You died cause of ledge/spikes? YOUR FAULT. You died cause of spam? YOUR FAULT. You died cause of ganking? YOUR FAULT. You died cause of Revenge mode? YOUR FAULT.

If you lack skill to win while following some sort of "code" then it is YOUR FAULT. You didn't have strength to pull it off. Stop whining. Start winning. GET YOUR HONOR. WIN AND GET GLORY. Corpses got no right to complain.
     2 people found this helpful

Honor is not found by winning.

Honor is found by winning in a certain way.

Originally Posted by DrExtrem Go to original post

Where? Where amongst Knights, Vikings or Samurais have you READ such stupidity? Which one told that they should fight fair in battle? Rules are creation for competitiveness and our modern understanding of honor comes from combat sports that are useless on battlefield. Would be useless on battlefield centuries ago. Why? Cause they got rules. Samurais, Vikings, Knights killed innocent people, not warriors. Was in honourable? Nope. But did they care? NOPE. Were they glorified when they returned from war? YEP. Have they gained honor by killing other people by any means at their disposal? YES.

Dude, grow up.

I guess you would nuke two cities and call it an honorable victory as well.

Originally Posted by DenBarre36 Go to original post
    This is the most stupid reason for fighting with NO HONOR !
    Honor is not something you get out of just winning...it's respecting the CODE of honor !
    NO BACKSTABBING OR GANGING UP.
    Everytime i play 1V1 duel i win without problem and then i enter skirmish and suddenly it's 4V1 everytime !
    Some people (like me) keep it fair and let people fight without interrupting...WITH HONOR !!!
    Sorry...just saying that earning honor on a battlefield lies not in victory
    Think about it: 4v1 is the best couse u fill up revenge meter faster. The game is prepared for ganking so learn to deal with.

Yep, smart repeat same thing over and over again. Maybe it will be truth by that time xD

Was dipping arrows in **** honourable? Was poisoning the well honourable? Was throwing corpses through walls honourable? If that led to win then yes. Cause Honor is determined by winners, they gained honor by winning. Not how they won. Every single warrior knew that. Every single general. Everywhere you look you see advices like, "trick him, use cheap moves, position him till he is in wrong position(ledge perhaps?)". THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HONOR ON BATTLEFIELD. HONOR IS AFTER, IF YOU WON YOU FOUND IT, IF YOU DIDN'T WELL YOU ARE DEAD SO WHO CARES?

I guess you would nuke two cities and call it an honorable victory as well.
    Why not? They saved thousands of people with this act. Who knows how long would the war go on, how many lives would be lost. Was it horrible? Yes. Was it necessary? Who knows. Did it gave result? Sure.

But again, you are looking at modern wars, when we got limitations "don't use this weapon, dont use this weapon, don't do this and this". And we are not playing in game with modern setting. It is not "Vikings, Samurais and Knights got brought to our times to fight". Look at honor definition of their times. Which was much better than nowadays way of thinking about "honor"

Originally Posted by Turric4n666 Go to original post

Another one... show it to me in anything from those times to prove your statement. Cause i got 1000 that disagrees with you(Sun Tzu and Miyamoto Musashi for example)

Even devs said that. This game was designed in this manner. Don't like it? Don't play it

Originally Posted by Zenitys Go to original post
    "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. The silence is your answer" Javik (Mass Effect)

Stop trying to play duels in team modes...the only honor is in victory
    One of the cheesiest lines in gaming. Especially, if you take the horrible story of mass effect 3 into account.