Just_Shogun's Avatar Community Developer

[All Platforms] Track Upload Error (Resolved)

Hello track builders,

There has been an ongoing issue related to track upload in Trials Fusion on all platforms. We've previously been discussing this issue in the thread Can't upload track on PS4 but as the issue is ongoing and affects all platforms I felt we needed a Master thread to follow the investigation.

The Issue

Upon reaching the final step of the track upload process players get an error stating that they cannot connect to either Ubisoft servers or XBL/PSN networks despite all other online features working normally.

Info & Possible Workaround:

Time

I'm sure you noticed that there are still new tracks going up so the issue is not the same for everyone. What we've discovered is that the issue is more common at times when server activity is higher. At 6am GMT our engineers have no problem uploading tracks but by 10am GMT the issue is there. This points to server load being a part of the issue but so far our attempts to address this have not fixed the problem.

Workaround: Until the issue is resolved if you attempt to upload your track early in the morning in the EU or late at night in the US you could have more luck getting a successful upload. I don't have an exact time frame but as mentioned at 6am GMT (when our engineer arrives to work) we've had a 100% success rate uploading tracks, by 10am GMT the issue is more common.

Try Again

It was previously suggested that making multiple attempts might be a usable workaround but based on the feedback we've heard it seems that the time of day is probably the deciding factor to whether or not this is successful. If you make multiple attempts to upload with no luck we recommend trying a different time of day.

My Tracks

A few of you have noticed a bunch of the same My Track being uploaded to TC. This is actually one of our engineers running tests. We'll be more active about removing his test tracks so that they don't clog up TC moving forward.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to investigate the error and thank you to everybody who's shared information about the error with us.

KnockoffNate's Avatar Member
    Thanks for some communication on the issue Shogun, lets hope it gets fixed soon.

iqLay2's Avatar Junior Member
    I can't find the right time. I tried 3 days at different times, still no luck. If there is someone here from the netherlands who got his build uploaded, can u tell the time you tried? Thx

iqLay2's Avatar Junior Member
    Update for the dutchies in here; a friend uploaded his track at 10:30 amsterdam time. GL all and enjoy TC

UbiSkyBear's Avatar Community Manager
    Thanks for updating us, IqLay! If anyone else has any successful times they uploaded their track, please feel free to update us as we investigate further.

How does it only work a certain time of the day? Are the servers giving more time to other games, like the newer ones? Sorry but i'm not getting up at 2am just to try to share my tracks.

You Guys Really Need To Fix This Problem, I Make tracks / skill Game in 2 week time gaps always did since 2014 ! Now it seems to be a problem for anytime, It's very frustrating since I just made a new FPS & can't share it ever ! I'm on EST Time ! I've always uploaded in the morning no problems, I've even stayed up for 16 Hours & tried ever Hour and still no getting through ! Fix This Please

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    I think people need to be more realistic. It's been just over 3 weeks that TC has upload issues. You can't expect a small 500 million dollar company to have the resources to fix it just like that. Let's have some patience here.
    Some great builds did make their way to TC though.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiSkyBear's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by LIONDEN1 Go to original post
    Sorry but I'm not getting up at 2am just to try to share my tracks.
    Originally Posted by SaneThe Legend Go to original post
    You Guys Really Need To Fix This Problem, I Make tracks / skill Game in 2 week time gaps always did since 2014 ! Now it seems to be a problem for anytime, It's very frustrating since I just made a new FPS & can't share it ever ! I'm on EST Time ! I've always uploaded in the morning no problems, I've even stayed up for 16 Hours & tried ever Hour and still no getting through ! Fix This Please
    Originally Posted by VEGASTRASH Go to original post
    I think people need to be more realistic. It's been just over 3 weeks that TC has upload issues. You can't expect a small 500 million dollar company to have the resources to fix it just like that. Let's have some patience here.
    Some great builds did make their way to TC though.
    I understand the frustration. Especially for those who have been building tracks for years. The previously mentioned workaround is only a temporary workaround while our team continues to investigate further. It's an ongoing investigation therefore may take a bit longer than expected. As mentioned previously, we sincerely appreciate the patience and understanding you've shown so far.

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    So UbiSkyBear, when you say it's an ongoing investigation...how much time has been spent on this in the past month? It seems like a vague description. Investigation sounds big, but could be 2 hours spent by an intern...right?
    I have trouble believing this is something actually being continually worked on. Let's say 2 people who specialize in this area from your company worked on the track central issue since it went down @ Feb. 11th. So, 3 work weeks, 2 people. 240 collective hours would have been spent.
    Are you saying that a minimum of this amount of time was spent on this issue? Keeping people accountable for their words...that's all this is.