DrinkinMyStella's Avatar Senior Member

Does it really have to take this long to get into the match

Like the title says, i'm impatient at the best of times but is it me or does it take forever to get from lobby to in game. 1 min in lobby - 30 secs looking at next map - 1 min picking your hero and then 1 min looking at everyone rep and gear score, is all of this necessary. Takes soo long just to play a game and then to have it crash now and then. can things be sped up or is this so the P2P can catch up with the game?
     2 people found this helpful

+1

I have wondered the same, specifically when all the characters are lined up in their battle poses. Seems to take a long time, only to find out I was loading into a match already started. Maybe it's the P2P getting all the connections sorted out before you actually load in? I know little to nothing about servers or P2P, sorry.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Furiak86 Go to original post
    I have wondered the same, specifically when all the characters are lined up in their battle poses. Seems to take a long time, only to find out I was loading into a match already started. Maybe it's the P2P getting all the connections sorted out before you actually load in? I know little to nothing about servers or P2P, sorry.
    That is what i think it could be, the P2P. but nevertheless its far to long, sometimes i get bored of waiting and just quit the game.

Fun fact - since I bought For Honor, I read a couple of comic books and around half a book (Dan Abnetts The Guns of Tanith, quite good) while I was waiting either for matches to start or for them to finish. It can take a couple of minitues for the last PK standing to actually decide to stop running and finish the misary of us all.

So yeah, I would argue as well that the wait times in this game are quite silly. Get yourself something to read folks, it helps.

I could work on my gun draws and fire arms handling. Or maybe do mini workouts? I could learn to knit...the possibilities are endless, good Ideal emeraldcthulhu

I actually put my feet up make a drink, have a smoke and then i'm in time for the game.

Gray360UK's Avatar Senior Member
    I rely on the loading screens to give me time to make a cup of coffee / let my dog out / get some food / write a small novel (okay maybe not that one) ...
    Not too bad as loading times go, just not very interesting to look at.

Pope138's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by EmeraldCthulhu Go to original post
    Fun fact - since I bought For Honor, I read a couple of comic books and around half a book (Dan Abnetts The Guns of Tanith, quite good) while I was waiting either for matches to start or for them to finish. It can take a couple of minitues for the last PK standing to actually decide to stop running and finish the misary of us all.

So yeah, I would argue as well that the wait times in this game are quite silly. Get yourself something to read folks, it helps.
    lol, nice.
    I love Dan Abnett. I'm on book #14 of the Horus Heresy. Him and Graham McNeill are the best.

ThePollie's Avatar Senior Member
    Dominion PvP - High activity. 45 minutes in queue, still never found a game.
    Elimination PvE - Medium activity. Consistently find a game in less than a few seconds.

10/10