D-ir's Avatar Senior Member
    I posted the following in the "New Website!!!" Topic:

"I just finished exploring the site and I would have pre-ordered "MYST IV, Revelation" already like I did "Path of the Shell" except for one concern: I don't want to be penalized for my pre-order by missing the opportunity to buy the "Collector Edition" like the one offered in the U.K. and which includes a nifty set of MYST Playcards:

Myst IV: Revelation Collector
    PC
    â£34.99
    available : 30/09/2004

Summary
    Myst IV: Revelation Collector includes:
    -Original Game soundtracks
    -Making Of
    -a set of Myst Playcards

Is the U.S. Version complete, including the MYST Playcards?"

The Private Topic answer I received was:
    ----------------------------------------
    "...It's not the news you would have hoped for though. There will not be a Collector's Edition for the US. Apparently they just don't seem to do well here as they do in Europe, etc. Canada will be getting a few and perhaps if you have a Canadian friend you can get one through them."

(Ensuing sounds of frustration deleted!)

I recently shipped a copy of Syberia II to someone in Australia so they could save some money AND get it sooner.

Is there someone working at Ubi or living in Canada OR Europe who could forward a copy of the "Collectors Edition" to me, or knows of a Canadian store that would?
    I'd be happy to compensate for your time and reciprocate in the future if the occasion arose.

[This message was edited by D-ir on Tue August 10 2004 at 08:56 PM.]

I posted the following in the "New Website!!!" Topic:

"I just finished exploring the site and I would have pre-ordered "MYST IV, Revelation" already like I did "Path of the Shell" except for one concern: I don't want to be penalized for my pre-order by missing the opportunity to buy the "Collector Edition" like the one offered in the U.K. and which includes a nifty set of MYST Playcards:

Myst IV: Revelation Collector
    PC
    â£34.99
    available : 30/09/2004

Summary
    Myst IV: Revelation Collector includes:
    -Original Game soundtracks
    -Making Of
    -a set of Myst Playcards

Is the U.S. Version complete, including the MYST Playcards?"

The Private Topic answer I received was:
    "...It's not the news you would have hoped for though. There will not be a Collector's Edition for the US. Apparently they just don't seem to do well here as they do in Europe, etc. Canada will be getting a few and perhaps if you have a Canadian friend you can get one through them."

(Ensuing sounds of frustration deleted!)

I recently shipped a copy of Syberia II to someone in Australia so they could save some money AND get it sooner.

Is there someone working at Ubi or living in Canada OR Europe who could forward a copy of the "Collectors Edition" to me, or knows of a Canadian store that would?
    I'd be happy to compensate for your time and reciprocate in the future if the occasion arose.

[This message was edited by D-ir on Tue August 10 2004 at 08:56 PM.]

That makes two of us who want the CE here in the States...

----------
    The mystFoundry

I can't help but wonder why on Earth they want to hold out on all the Loyal American fans who LOVE the game and story.

If the games can be purchased by mail through the on-line store, why couldn't they be distributed in the U.S. also? I went through the ordering process at the Ubi store up to the point I found it would cost over $100 with shipping.

Is anyone else in the U.S. interested in buying the Collector's Edition?

[This message was edited by D-ir on Wed August 11 2004 at 11:31 AM.]

Interesting, in the store that I looked in down here in NZ, the collectors edition was the only version of Uru they had So i ended up buying a collectors edition of Uru without even knowing it, and yet they don't even sell collectors editions in the states. Wierd.

Hurray! We're getting CE in Canada!

---------
    The medium is the message.
    The content is the audience.

They're also getting it in South Africa:

"Note: Take 2 only ships to South Africa."

There are people drooling over it in a thread at Uru Obsession.

I'm glad I live in Canada, but if they're worried about not selling enough then just make it an online order thing. You have to go online and order it if you want.

Better yet, have a little postcard in the normal game box, so if you want the collector stuff you pay some extra and the shipping, and in a week or two you get a bunch of cool stuff in a cooler box.

EDIT: The way I write sometimes, people might think I'm not a native english speaker, lol.

Forums are the Opiate of the Masses

Egads! What a... er... lovely box the South Africans will be getting. It's very... brown

Well, I bought Exile CE right off. And I'll be buying Revelation at release, CE or not. However, if they don't have a CE out, I'll buy the regular one, and I will not be buying the game again if they change their minds later. I'm sick of that happening with DVDs...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►