Knights in Faction War

So Knights seem to be pushing back pretty hard. At what point can I make a post complaining they are OP and everyone is going to move to the Knight faction unless Ubi saves the other factions from OP Knights?

Well the knights are pushing back only because ubisofts autobalancer felt bad for them. They would have never pushed back so far with their own merit.

I agree that it shouldnt come down to knights taking their wins at the end due to autobalancer kicking in at the right time, but there is some sense of poetic justice for crapping on the knights all the time over open beta.

Part of it though is samurai and vikings constantly ganging up and crapping on the knights that cause it. Sams and Vikes push us so deep and for so long that when the autobalancer kicks in its at the end and we get the final push and the last laugh. So part of the solution will be for vikes and sams to dissolve their alliance and actually fight each other for a change instead of just crapping on the tin cans as if we win again it displays clearly that the present strategem isnt going to work out for you.

No knights shouldnt earn all their wins through last second comebacks. This might serve to teach samurai and viking players the error of getting salty and not letting their open beta loss go. I would rather the war be a tightly contested 3 way affair for 2 weeks than have 2 factions fight for two weeks pummelling the third until theyve hit them so hard that the third activates revenge and massacares the other 2.

Oh Arion I knew this would bait you in. I really could care less if Knights take the round. Good for them. Wasn't part of any beta so don't care about what happened there. And again, there is no "alliance" as there isn't any sort of central leadership for any faction to organize one. I'd prefer swinging fronts to a static front which is what you seem to want, which would make the Faction War even less exciting than it already is.
     1 people found this helpful

Also, vikings and samurai have been getting boosts all round while the knights havent recieved anything until now which compounded the problem by letting knights get curbstomped so bad by constantly giving vikes and sams huge asset bonuses in our territories. Do you honestly believe that knights just straight up didnt put up a fight. You guys had some bonus asset aid helping you along the way.

You do realize that I actually don't care about the Knights making a comeback. It's great and shows there is a system in place to keep factions alive. This was a joke post poking fun at all the doom and gloom posts Knights threw up the last few days.

Originally Posted by zwaggs33 Go to original post
    Oh Arion I knew this would bait you in. I really could care less if Knights take the round. Good for them. Wasn't part of any beta so don't care about what happened there. And again, there is no "alliance" as there isn't any sort of central leadership for any faction to organize one. I'd prefer swinging fronts to a static front which is what you seem to want, which would make the Faction War even less exciting than it already is.
    There is a difference between a swinging front and a front meta that sets a faction in a position where its either obliteration or comeback win. Im a knight and while winning is nice I dont want to see a meta where we always win because vikes and sams cant get past the "crap on the tin cans" mentality. Sama havent won one yet so I figure they see an easy win out of joining the vikings in pummelling knights. This has clearly backfired. There might be no official alliance, but war behavior shows that there is a non verbal agreement to push knights. Now if the war stays as is and knights win it begs the question of "Will knights always win due to end of round comeback?"

But that brings up another question "Are vikings and samurai not fighting enough on their front to prevent the present meta, and if its bit them in the but twice, why continue the same strategem?"
     1 people found this helpful

You know there is almost no strategy right? Put points into one of 2 fronts. That's it. And it's up to everyone to make the decision of which they want to attack on their own. I put all my points yesterday into the Vikings. Why, because dominion was on that front at the time and that's what I play mostly. Perhaps, the answer to your second question is, yes, they are fighting each other and are a match to each other. You keep making this wild claims on what's going to happen. Round isn't even over yet, much less the season and you talk like you know what's going to happen. Yet, just the yesterday you were going on about how it was certain that Knights would die as a faction. Which clearly it's not. Which shows you don't really know what you're talking about.

If you paid attention I said win or lose knights are screwed. Due to open beta if we win here we will get hated and lose players because they dont want to deal with the hate. We lose and we get crapped on anyway and people desert due to bandwagon effect as a result of knights spending 90% of the round buried deep in last place with little visible strength and ability to push back. The future isnt good for the knights faction either way because the meta either sets them up for a last second win, or kicks them in the nards so hard they become irrelevant for almost 2 weeks. 2 weeks is a long time. Just like the 2014 NFC championship there are a lot of people who will leave before its over and then get angry because they cant join in the jubilation because they threw in the towel.

Having the knights swing from one extreme to the other in not a good look and makes the faction unattractive in recruiting new players or players looking to change sides.

DrExtrem's Avatar Senior Member
    I would rather say, that the knights faction in more centered in Europe. We are doing well during the late hours in Europe - but that is hardly enough to compensate the rest of the day.

On weekends, we are also more active. Is it possible, that a lot of the knights are simply busy from Monday to Friday?