Alaska grind thread

https://gfycat.com/NearLimpingAruanas

Im having a lot of fun with this

Omg very fun ;o GG

PrettyBoy0683's Avatar Banned
    That's what you call, magnetized Rails, it is fun though. Doesn't take very much effort, but looks cool I guess.

The Rails in the Alps are the ones to show your Grinding skills.

gnarlyDUCK's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by PrettyBoy0683 Go to original post
    That's what you call, magnetized Rails, it is fun though. Doesn't take very much effort, but looks cool I guess.

The Rails in the Alps are the ones to show your Grinding skills.
    Why are you hating on this guy? Those are baller skills, much better than I've seen from you.

I'm not "hating" on anyone, I even said it was fun and looks cool. Where are you getting these claims against me?

Plain and simple, the Rails in Alaska don't take half the effort of Grinding as compared to the Alps, it's the truth.

If you think he is better than me, that's fine, I'm happy for you.

Can you please stop trying to degrade me.
     1 people found this helpful

Gotta say i'm with PrettyBoy0683 on this one. I fully enjoyed learning to grind rails before the update and was kinda shocked that a perfectly good way to grind was replaced with a magnetic style grind mechanic, which I can't even disable. I had made a tutorial for a friend to show him how easy grinding is once you get used to it (before the Alaska update)...

Now that tutorial is useless since all we need to do is jump near a rail then do whatever we want with the controls. Personally I thought grinding was challenging and fun when there was a chance of messing it up, it's way too easy to grind in Alaska imo. I don't find it fun to have my hand held on to the rail once I know how to get on myself.

It was frustrating for me to read all the comments about "no Grinding in Steep", or "there's no place to Grind", when in reality there are Tons of places to Grind in the Alps, not so much in Alaska though.

I'm still finding new structures to play on in the Alps.

I'm convinced Ubisoft went to the Magnetic Rail system in Alaska to please the players who wouldn't put any effort into learning how to do it.

Your right, it just takes practice and getting used to it, which makes it more fulfilling when you pull off a great looking grind. As is the case in real life.

At least they didn't magnetize the Rails in the Alps, like I say, that's the place to show your real talent. My only complaint is the rider needs to be a little more "natural" once he begins the Grind, meaning his body movements. I really hope they add more buildings, structures, and other things to grind on in the Alps. But that's it, leave the current system of Grinding the way it is. It's a lot more challenging but in a good way.

Great video by the way.
     1 people found this helpful

oh I didn't know the new mechanic didn't affect the Alps, haven't been back there since Alaska dropped. So maybe they could just add an option to disable the new grinding mechanic. I couldn't care less if others use the new easy way but it's irritating when I jump near a rail then suddenly land on it in 'grind mode' when i never intended to grind.

Thanks for the info, back to Alps I go!

gnarlyDUCK's Avatar Member
    Damn... looks like im over due for another Alaska grind edit. Wish I knew how to stay on the rail though. Can anyone teach me?

PrettyBoy0683's Avatar Join Date
    Dec 2016
    It was frustrating for me to read all the comments about "no Grinding in Steep", or "there's no place to Grind", when in reality there are Tons of places to Grind in the Alps, not so much in Alaska though.

I'm still finding new structures to play on in the Alps.

I'm convinced Ubisoft went to the Magnetic Rail system in Alaska to please the players who wouldn't put any effort into learning how to do it.

Your right, it just takes practice and getting used to it, which makes it more fulfilling when you pull off a great looking grind. As is the case in real life.

At least they didn't magnetize the Rails in the Alps, like I say, that's the place to show your real talent. My only complaint is the rider needs to be a little more "natural" once he begins the Grind, meaning his body movements. I really hope they add more buildings, structures, and other things to grind on in the Alps. But that's it, leave the current system of Grinding the way it is. It's a lot more challenging but in a good way.

Great video by the way."

you come off like an arrogant **** most of the time, but i gotta agree with you. i really enjoyed the grinds before the Alaska update. there are still some cool places in Alaska that can be grinded like the objects pre-update, but not many. i enjoy the new sytsem and the old system and am tryign to find a balance between the two.