So an idea I've had for an encore stream would be to just do a grab bag of assorted smaller lessons and topics that aren't necessarily extensive enough for a whole encore of their own, but also haven't really gotten fully looked at in normal weekly streams.

Like for example I've been curious about how to properly play Fear of the Dark on bass, since it's played without a pick and does a lot of stuff that's awkward to do without a pick, so maybe a general "advanced fingerstyle bass" lesson that partially focuses on Steve Harris. Or maybe something like "the best way to practice new chords and chord changes." That'd be helpful to both beginners starting out with the cowboy chords, as well as more advanced players trying to learn songs that make heavy use of unconventional chords.

You could specifically ask the community for other suggestions like those and then pick however many of your favorites you think you can fit into the time slot.

AlloysiusGrunt's Avatar Senior Member
    I would love to see an Encore episode on the subject of rhythm and how to improve it as a player. Topics might include basics of counting, how to use a metronome to improve rhythm, basic and common strumming patterns, syncopation, and more I haven't thought of I'm sure.

LocalYokul's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Going forward, we're planning to do these on the final Monday of every month.

This month it was a week early, has the schedule changed?

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer
    Originally Posted by LocalYokul Go to original post
    This month it was a week early, has the schedule changed?
    The overall schedule has not changed--this month's Encore was announced as being a week early due to a scheduling conflict.
     2 people found this helpful

LocalYokul's Avatar Member
    I'm assuming there will not be a month-end Encore stream this month?
    due to the holidays

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer
    Originally Posted by LocalYokul Go to original post
    I'm assuming there will not be a month-end Encore stream this month?
    due to the holidays
    Correct! The Holiday Stream happened today, and there will be two more weekly streams this month (this Thursday for ABBA and next Thursday for [Something Else]. Then, we'll return on January 9th for the next stream.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234