For Honor is really fun, but full of too many gimmicks

Too often, I feel like the "ground-breaking" combat system is more about gimmicks than anything else. I think it's silly how difficult it is to actually "fight" other players. I've lost count of how many Warlords, for example, rather than fighting will just constantly guard break/headbutt spam for the nearest cliff. I think I've both died and gotten more kills from cliffs and ladders than actual combat.

And it doesn't end there. I just finished recording a Berserker who got Revenge from a 1v1 only by taking damage - he was never outnumbered and never even blocked or parried. The first player to attack is already put at a disadvantage, so why must these Revenge builds reward turtling? Hell, I even just had a Conqueror on my team who simply would never attack while Revenge was down, and would only guard break/shield bash spam (for environmental kills).

And Elimination? It's turning into a "immediately sprint off for the nearest powerup and never fight without one" game. How is that fun?

Thoughts?

It's all about winning. Just like all of those people who cheated to advance to rep 7. That's the human race, bud.

Originally Posted by WOR-Hunter Go to original post
    It's all about winning. Just like all of those people who cheated to advance to rep 7. That's the human race, bud.
    Cheated to advance to rep 7? WTF?

Originally Posted by Massive.D Go to original post
    Cheated to advance to rep 7? WTF?
    You can have something press buttons on a timer overnight so you dont get kicked in domination, and when you wake up, you will have a ton of rewards and XP from those games.

I agree that this is where the game falls short. The game isn't really about skillful combat as much as it is abusing the environment and game mechanics.