War Assets and Salvage Question

Hello All

Just wondering what War Assets actually do? I manually deploy them on the faction war map but do not see that they actually do anything in matches.

Also with salvage where does the salvage go? Does it get shared out?, if it does when ?

Cheers

PR0P4NE's Avatar Member
    I have no idea what War Assets do either, but I know there are achievements/trophies for placing them, so just kinds plop them down anywhere. If someone smarter than I would like to educate us, we're all ears!

Salvage goes into a shared (by faction) pot that you use for upgrading gear. So if you break down an item for say +7 Knight salvage, this is shared across all your Faction characters. Choose an item and select "upgrade" from the options - it will show you how much salvage you have.

Did you skip the into to the multiplayer button?

war assets is a "mini-game" in which all 3 factions fight for more territory control for some minor cosmetic reward.

You earn war assets after each match and can choose where to send them, or let them be evenly distributed if you don't do it manually.

War assets/ territory control has no in-match impact.

War Assets help win the Faction War for your faction. They do not add anything to your matches in the way of buffs. If you don't put them out manually then when you go into the next match they will be automatically distributed equally on all territories your faction is attacking and defending.

PR0P4NE's Avatar Member
    Oh I know what the Faction War is, and I know War Assets have no bearing on the actual matches you play. It's just not very clear what distributing them does.

I will go back and look at the tutorials and clue myself up a little better I think.

As far as I know distributing them helps push a territory in your favor. Think that's about it. Put them in your own and they help keep the territory and put them in an enemy territory and they help take it. I think of it as earning a group of soldier minions and sending them off to the front to die for the cause.

When placing war assets on a territory, you and your faction's assets are compared against the other factions total assets in that territory. Whoever has the most assets when the faction map updates wins that territory.

Should you choose not to place all your assets in a single territory after a match, they are divided up into all the territories that your faction can affect, as in, defend or attack.

PR0P4NE's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by taraaxe Go to original post
    When placing war assets on a territory, you and your faction's assets are compared against the other factions total assets in that territory. Whoever has the most assets when the faction map updates wins that territory.

Should you choose not to place all your assets in a single territory after a match, they are divided up into all the territories that your faction can affect, as in, defend or attack.
    Riiiight, so say four of you in a party could heavily influence the pushing of a faction out of an area, if you all consistently deploy your assets in that same area. Got it...

Originally Posted by PR0P4NE Go to original post
    Riiiight, so say four of you in a party could heavily influence the pushing of a faction out of an area, if you all consistently deploy your assets in that same area. Got it...
    Sure, unless there is also a party of 4 on the other side throwing their assets into the same territory. Then it would just sit there.

PR0P4NE's Avatar Member
    Stands to reason.

This of course says to me that the most effective way to influence Faction War is to play more. If you're not playing, you're not deploying assets.

I've always loved the idea of a persistent in-game war like this. How long before Clan support is introduced I wonder? Can you imagine getting together with your mates on a Friday night, and pushing for an objective for 5 or 6 hours of coordinated gameplay?