Add Leavers Penalty

Hello For Honor development team,

Currently there is an issue with the amount of players who leave games that are in progress.

In my experience, most games that I play have at least one or two people who leave when they are losing. This causes a 5 to 10 second delay each time which is very disruptive to game play. Not only that, but sometimes the characters in the game are placed a few seconds back in time, which is even more disruptive when you manage to land an awesome combo on a player, only for it to be reversed because someone on the enemy team left and gameplay time has reverted to an earlier moment. Lastly, it is unfair to the team who had the leaver, as they now will have to play with bot AI which frankly aren't as good as a real player.

Currently, when a player leaves there is no penalty, except for the fact that they don't receive any loot, experience or steel at the end of the match. I feel this isn't a strong enough deterrent to stop people from quitting when they see they are going to lose, and in turn disrupting the match.

I'm strongly in favour of adding a leavers penalty such as one seen in another game called Overwatch, where the game will record the amount of times you leave and when the number reaches a certain threshold it penalises you in a certain way. In Overwatch you are restricted to -75% experience until you play a certain amount of games without leaving. This could be implemented in For Honor in different ways, such as restricting Steel, Experience or Loot, or even banning a player from playing for a small amount of time (This happens in Overwatch Competitive). Bear in mind that this will only affect the serial leavers who leave multiple games, and shouldn't affect anyone who plays the majority of their games to completion.

I welcome intelligent discussion on the issue and encourage people to show their support in this thread.

I hope this reaches you, For Honor development team.

Regards
    ArlianDeBias

that you have to play with bots after a player left the game isnt the only problem. it happens so often that the enemy is losing and one of them leaves the game (i guess it is the one whos made the "host" by the game) and then the battle crashes and im back to the war map. complete waste of time.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by ArlianDeBias Go to original post
    Currently, when a player leaves there is no penalty, except for the fact that they don't receive any loot, experience or steel at the end of the match. I feel this isn't a strong enough deterrent to stop people from quitting when they see they are going to lose, and in turn disrupting the match.

I'm strongly in favour of adding a leavers penalty such as one seen in another game called Overwatch, where the game will record the amount of times you leave and when the number reaches a certain threshold it penalises you in a certain way. In Overwatch you are restricted to -75% experience until you play a certain amount of games without leaving. This could be implemented in For Honor in different ways, such as restricting Steel, Experience or Loot, or even banning a player from playing for a small amount of time (This happens in Overwatch Competitive). Bear in mind that this will only affect the serial leavers who leave multiple games, and shouldn't affect anyone who plays the majority of their games to completion.
    So you're saying a CASUAL game mode should have ranked consequences? I'm all for a leavers penalty in a ranked game mode. But the point of "Casual" game modes is simply to pick up and play and be able to drop at a moments notice.

Since you quoted only Overwatch as your source I'll counter it with Overwatch as my source. Losing XP in Overwatch doesn't penalize anyone. Even the player that's leaving because with or without the penalty it takes 7 games to level up per level (average.) With that being the case. You look at For Honor. In the casual game mode people may leave. But a large number of players can't handle the bots. If someone is going to leave towards the end of the match they've ALREADY lost the Xp and Steel and loot that you're claiming needs to be penalized. If they leave at the beginning who cares? It takes 30 seconds to a minute to replace those spots.

As far as disruption in service. With the host lagging the same thing will happen. If the Host quits it will Select a new session host or end the game. This can be annoying yes. But it's part of P2P with every game. In this specific instance it should always revert the last 5 seconds (because there is no "Resuming" timer) and select a new host. One of these things doesn't happen.

The other thing to note is Overwatch is server based. Where people don't disconnect from matches often. FH is P2P and has many many many (Multiply me saying many until you forget all other words in the English language) errors that cause people to disconnect frequently

There should NOT be a leavers penalty anymore so than there already is. You cannot justify more leaver penalties in casual - If ranked releases before the game completely dies then yes. There should be a growing leavers penalty. Within 24hours of the LAST leave. 5m-15m-30m-60m-120m-24hrs Like most all other ranked modes in most all other games have.

Nope, disagree

As the game stands, I leave any 1v1 match I have with orochi's and pk's. People shouldn't be punished if they don't want to play against broken classes. I have no problem beating most orochi's a pk's but after going 2-0 they we end up on a big map and all do is run to drain the clock and waste my time. Nobody has time for that garbage. Then you have the light attack spammers. Can't do anything about them since their light attack combo strings do an average of 14-20 damage a hit and are too fast to parry and block all 3 hits. Stay back wait, till you have an opening, spam light attacks for a free 3 hits, dodge out and repeat.

If you want to punish players for leaving they should add a filter button for 1v1. So I can choose not to play against those two broken classes.

Originally Posted by M4kreth Go to original post
    that you have to play with bots after a player left the game isnt the only problem. it happens so often that the enemy is losing and one of them leaves the game (i guess it is the one whos made the "host" by the game) and then the battle crashes and im back to the war map. complete waste of time.
    This! Over the last several days, I can't even count the number of Dominion matches that I played through upwards of 75% of the match before someone quit the game and the entire session crashed leaving everybody in the match kicked with no xp, no rewards and no assets to spend. It's a serious enough problem to make a lot of people walk away and consider For Honor a broken game that could have been great.

Please do something about people leaving active matches and crashing the games for the other 7 players. Or, at least reward the players in a session proportionally after a crash.

Some times there is just too much cheese cancer or salt in game to stay unfortunately. RQ is part of every game.