FredEx919's Avatar Community Manager

*UPDATED* How do we fight cheaters to ensure fair gameplay

*** UPDATE 2/24 - We've made a more detailed post on the Blog on this subject today. Please check it out. https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en...g-in-for-honor ***

Hello Warriors

We wanted to give you more visibility and information on how we’re dealing with players who try to use cheats to get the upper hand on the For Honor battlefields.

Ubisoft is dedicated to creating a level playing field in our games, and the full For Honor development team is committed to constantly act against individuals trying to gain advantages from unauthorized hacking programs.

Today, we have active solutions in place to prevent and to detect new cheats that shows up on the market, leveraging the knowledge we collected on previous Ubisoft games such as Rainbow Six: Siege and Tom Clancy’s The Division. Those tools have already been used since our betas to identify and sanction cheaters in For Honor. Our systems and our teams are working constantly to improve the anti-cheating process, in order to quickly identify any behavior that can affect your player experience, and we’d like to remind you that any help coming from you by reporting cheaters is really valuable.

We strongly believe in providing a fair and welcoming environment to everyone, but are also well aware that it’s only the beginning of the fight. That’s why we don't take decisions lightly and have already banned some players.

You may refer to our legal guidelines, community values, and how-to report, here:
    http://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/00...-FH-PC-XB1-PS4

Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Looking forward meeting you all on the battlefields! The For Honor Team.
     16 people found this helpful

And if this is actually a work in progress and not just words on paper than I'll happily throw money at you.

I'm glad i still didn't find any cheater, is good to live in my region

leveraging the knowledge we collected on previous Ubisoft games such as Rainbow Six: Siege and Tom Clancy’s The Division.
    I spat my coffee all over the place when I read this doesn't fill me with hope cheaters will be dealt with as cheaters are rampant in those 2 games.
    But at least its something considering hacks and cheats exist auto parry / auto guard break / auto dodge just to name a couple.

Originally Posted by Sky-Sweeper Go to original post
    So are you gonna work on fixing this?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...eed-a-response
    Can't you see? They're scolding and threatening cheaters right now with this post! Do you expect something else?

I have an idea! They should add a banner on the loading screen saying "BEWARE OF ANTICHEAT". That should draw cheaters away for sure.

SpaceElephant's Avatar Community Developer
    Hi guys, we thought it would be useful to post what we want to do to make sure we keep a sane competitive environment. Cheating is as important for us as harassment or using offensive words and emblems. You shouldn't see it as a "waste of a post" but more as a commitment from the team.
     2 people found this helpful

SpaceElephant's Avatar Community Developer
    Hi guys, we thought it would be useful to post what we want to do to make sure we keep a sane competitive environment. Cheating is as important for us as harassment or using offensive words and emblems. You shouldn't see it as a "waste of a post" but more as a commitment from the team.

Really UBISOFT?

UBISOFT you say you are working to remove these people and have learned from the other games "The Division" and you do realize there have been cheaters running around for several MONTHS and they are still there cheating.. and UBISOFT has done absolutly nothing about it at all. Even the last Elite task force made a comment about it and it was brushed off to the side.

Originally Posted by SpaceElephant Go to original post
    Maybe it's a language barrier thing - but titling the post "How we do [the thing]" was rather misleading. Commitment from the team is great, but frankly, already expected.

EDIT: Oh. Oh boy. You quote me and then delete my complaint? Roger that.

Originally Posted by Gnarxly Go to original post
    And if this is actually a work in progress and not just words on paper than I'll happily throw money at you.
    evidently, they have been doing good and being serious lately. Just look at Rainbow Six Siege, I think its the same for this game.

Thank you very much for this post Ubisoft, not every1 thinks about this is a "waste", your Postings in the Forums means alot to other Customers and an open information policy is always very welcome and greatly appreciated, because a known future always is better than the unknown.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►