🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

For Honor Preliminary Netcode Analysis

For Honor Preliminary Netcode Analysis

This is just a complete joke, this game needs full servers not this client BS.

Well if the game flopps, you all know why now.

When the game has mechanics like SF & MK it can not have this type of online arcutecture, it's peer-to-peer for a competitive online game. No way in hell, Ubisoft (if you're not familiar with their development approach lately, it's $$$ and ineptitude),

Shame theyve done this as the game needs real servers.
     9 people found this helpful

I have been waiting for this. And was watching it this very minute. People need to watch this and oppose Ubisoft everytime and everywhere when they try to shut them down over p2p complaints. Hell, even the console players should do this. It's just ridiculous when multimillion dollar AAA publishers don't even feel like putting some more money into post-launch quality (instead of shoving tons of money into PR crap)... an Indie team has an excuse. These "suits" do not!

Originally Posted by pRaX85 Go to original post
    I have been waiting for this. And was watching it this very minute. People need to watch this and oppose Ubisoft everytime and everywhere when they try to shut them down over p2p complaints. Hell, even the console players should do this. It's just ridiculous when multimillion dollar AAA publishers don't even feel like putting some more money into post-launch quality (instead of shoving tons of money into PR crap)... an Indie team has an excuse. These "suits" do not!
    They wont listen as idiots will still play it and buy the outfits and add ons.

Its the same for gears 4 triple A devs are a thing of the past.

Thank you for sharing this!

Yeah, it's sad to see how this doesn't seem to get much attention... while all the other derailed cluster**** threads full of nonsense are the hottest topics. We should be thankful for every single one that actually clicks on this very thread..

Bump, this definetely needs to get more attention.

So lets see everyones connections using this link - I bet alot of you have **** connections.

Quick straw poll. Have you, or a friend, ever bragged:

“I’ve just upgraded my Internet speed to X billion megabits per second so I’m now going to be unstoppable online”?

Yes? Thought so. Well you / they have fallen for one of the biggest myths in gaming. High bandwidth speeds do not mean you will have a faster gaming connection.

he truth is games only need a little bandwidth, which most homes have. When it comes to bandwidth speeds what actually matters is congestion on your line, which is caused by other people in your home when they hog the bandwidth, such as streaming an HD film or torrenting. This creates gridlock on your Internet connection and will cause your game to lag significantly.

A. Most routers have a feature called ‘QoS’, which is designed to prioritise the traffic on your network, e.g. gaming over other applications, and / or eliminate congestion. But most routers do a very poor job of this as they rely on technology that is over very dated and ineffective.

You can have connection issues if the ports required for the game are not open, meaning you don’t have an ‘Open NAT’. A strict or moderate NAT can cause you to be unable to connect to other players online.

Despite what you may have been told, playing on WiFi is NEVER good for gaming. It can be unstable and cause lag spikes, packet loss, jitter etc – basically it can cause a whole heap of headaches. So if you are serious about reducing lag/latency then playing on a wired connection is an essential step.

So again lets see how peoples connections are, *** there is a reason games dont show peoples Pings/MS anymore.

I bet alot of you have bad ones. so maybe its you who is **** and just has congestion on their line causing people to not parry etc...

1 people found this helpful

Buuuump

Originally Posted by Anubis9 Go to original post

So lets see everyones connections using this link - I bet alot of you have **** connections.

Quick straw poll. Have you, or a friend, ever bragged:

“I’ve just upgraded my Internet speed to X billion megabits per second so I’m now going to be unstoppable online”?

Yes? Thought so. Well you / they have fallen for one of the biggest myths in gaming. High bandwidth speeds do not mean you will have a faster gaming connection.

he truth is games only need a little bandwidth, which most homes have. When it comes to bandwidth speeds what actually matters is congestion on your line, which is caused by other people in your home when they hog the bandwidth, such as streaming an HD film or torrenting. This creates gridlock on your Internet connection and will cause your game to lag significantly.

A. Most routers have a feature called ‘QoS’, which is designed to prioritise the traffic on your network, e.g. gaming over other applications, and / or eliminate congestion. But most routers do a very poor job of this as they rely on technology that is over very dated and ineffective.

You can have connection issues if the ports required for the game are not open, meaning you don’t have an ‘Open NAT’. A strict or moderate NAT can cause you to be unable to connect to other players online.

Despite what you may have been told, playing on WiFi is NEVER good for gaming. It can be unstable and cause lag spikes, packet loss, jitter etc – basically it can cause a whole heap of headaches. So if you are serious about reducing lag/latency then playing on a wired connection is an essential step.

So again lets see how peoples connections are, *** there is a reason games dont show peoples Pings/MS anymore.

I bet alot of you have bad ones. so maybe its you who is **** and just has congestion on their line causing people to not parry etc...
    Ya, look at my terrible connection...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►