Im confused as to why it says that the top speed for the P-51 is 703kmh TAS at 7624m altitude. I have ran countless speed tests using differant amounts of fuel and it will over heat between 670kmh to 680kmh TAS deppending on how much fuel you cary.

Was the P-51 able to reach 703kmh TAS in real life without over heating?

Is 703kmh TAS at 7624m correct or was it lower then that?

Dont you think it would only be fare for some planes to atleast reach there top speeds before they over heat?

Im confused as to why it says that the top speed for the P-51 is 703kmh TAS at 7624m altitude. I have ran countless speed tests using differant amounts of fuel and it will over heat between 670kmh to 680kmh TAS deppending on how much fuel you cary.

Was the P-51 able to reach 703kmh TAS in real life without over heating?

Is 703kmh TAS at 7624m correct or was it lower then that?

Dont you think it would only be fare for some planes to atleast reach there top speeds before they over heat?

lol, stupid me.

Lmao,

I figured out how to reach 704kmh TAS at 7600m altitude with the P-51 and it never over heated once, but took me like 20min lol.

Guess how?

Dont tell anyone but the trick is to turn off the Engine Over Heat option.

JG26Red's Avatar Senior Member
    oh well, american planes get shafted too, get used to it, the A9 is like a toritse now... thats why i prefer flying P51s, P47s, and 190s and 109 servers, its more fun that flying with the russian UFOs lol...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG26Red:
    oh well, american planes get shafted too, get used to it, the A9 is like a toritse now... thats why i prefer flying P51s, P47s, and 190s and 109 servers, its more fun that flying with the russian UFOs lol...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree,

Ever take the La7 and Mig3U out for a speed test? With 100% and amo these two planes can reach there top speeds without overheating. Plus you can hold there top speed for about 4 min before you have to throttle down and open the rad. I think the KI-84 is the bigest UFO, take about the same amount of damage as an FW lol.

KI-84 speed is TOTALLY correct , i have tested it & its bang on correct , (well it was 10 kmhtoo slow & it did overheat to get there but 10 Kmh off is acceptable)

KI-84 looses its good turn ability after even small MG hits to the wings

where is the overmoddeling problem ?

it basically was an excellent design

I always thought that max. speed for P51D was 695 km/h and 703 was for P51C...

Altitude, speed, manoeuvre and.... CRASH!

WUAF_Badsight, sorry bro. I know the Ki-84 can reach it top speed and yes it does over heat about 10 to 15kmh TAS before you get there. But i was using 50% fuel though.

Question for you guys. In real life how well did the KI-84 manuver at high speeds? I think the only reason i beleave its a UFO is that it seems to turn very good at all speeds.

I wish they would give the KI-84 and FW a more complex DM.

JG26Red's Avatar Senior Member
    I Just wish the FW series, especially the As where more correct, thats all i fly

BUT no reason to kill the american planes either... i know somebody will egg me with this comment, but this game is made by russians? no wonder the russian planes are so good..

heres a beer for hoping the TA152, Spit and p38 are properly moddeled and not deballed...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalker58:
    I always thought that max. speed for P51D was 695 km/h and 703 was for P51C...

Altitude, speed, manoeuvre and.... CRASH!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.mustangsmustangs.net/p-51/p51specs.shtml

Says here 437mph at 25k. I dont know what 437 would be in kmh's though. But in the FB Objects vewer it does say 703kmh TAS was its top speed at 7624m.