<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG26Red:
    I Just wish the FW series, especially the As where more correct, thats all i fly

BUT no reason to kill the american planes either... i know somebody will egg me with this comment, but this game is made by russians? no wonder the russian planes are so good..

heres a beer for hoping the TA152, Spit and p38 are properly moddeled and not deballed...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actualy my favorit plane to fly when im on the Blue side is the FWA9 or A4. The later A9 or D9 kind of feel like what the P-47 was in 1.0. You pull on the stick even just a little bit and the plane would shake. Is that realistic, even if your at like 500kmh TAS?

RAF testing found little difference in turn ability between the P-51B and the Fw190A. The RAF found the Anton to be a very maneuverable a/c.

American pilots considered the Fw190s to be superior in maneuverability to the Bf109s that they encountered.

www.7Jg77.com

JG26Red's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
    RAF testing found little difference in turn ability between the P-51B and the Fw190A. The RAF found the Anton to be a very maneuverable a/c.

American pilots considered the Fw190s to be superior in maneuverability to the Bf109s that they encountered.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mdegnan/_images/FaustSig
    http://www.7jg77.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

high speed manev? low speed? the russians didnt think much of the 190... is that why it is somewhat porked in FB?

when historical accounts mention "maneuervability" they are not meaning tight turning

thats why the FW-190 "out maneuervers" the spitfire even tho the spitfire would slaughter the FWs in a turn fight

the KI-84 does do insane loops at high speed showing unbelieveable elevator authority

but try showing me even ONE reference about the Hayate was a poor handeler ?

it was a Awesome design just as Many other japanese designs were

their historical manufacturing problems that led to poor RL performance IS NOT moddeled

we get perfectly constructed A/C in FB , all models

the fact that japanese designs were such good performers might be a shock but too bad

even their "interceptors" had turn fighting ability

be thankfull that the "SHINDEN" isnt coming to FB

we are getting the "RAIDEN" tho hopefully , it had even better performance than the Hayate

JG26Red's Avatar Senior Member
    I can never fathom why somebody would want to fly a japanese plane, especially if your from USA... uggghh...

Shinden is pretty interesting, would give the D0335 a good fight, but i think the Doriner would still come out on top...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
    when historical accounts mention "maneuervability" they are not meaning tight turning
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The RAF report I mention had a specific reference to "turning circle". It stated there was "not much to choose" between the P-51B and 190A turning circle.

www.7Jg77.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG26Red:
    I can never fathom why somebody would want to fly a japanese plane, especially if your from USA... uggghh...

Shinden is pretty interesting, would give the D0335 a good fight, but i think the Doriner would still come out on top...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply put .... the JAF were best prepared for turning fights when WW2 started

flying the best turn fighters of the day

& at the end of WW2 appeared the D0335 & Shinden prototype

seeing as the Shinden would have been just about as fast the the Dornier but with way superior maneuervability i think the Do335 would have been the Shindens play toy

"Oleg, is the data in the Objects viewer correct?"

Taken from the object viewer:

Bf109F4 (1941)
    Engine: Daimler Benz DB601E
    Power:
    Indicated 2390HP
    Take off 3120HP

So I'd say it's about as reliable as The Hitler Diaries.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BerkshireHunt:
    "Oleg, is the data in the Objects viewer correct?"

Taken from the object viewer:

Bf109F4 (1941)
    Engine: Daimler Benz DB601E
    Power:
    Indicated 2390HP
    Take off 3120HP

So I'd say it's about as reliable as The Hitler Diaries.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao, lol.

I was board today and wanted to see if there was actualy a russion plane that could not reach its top speed. Well i found one. But if i say what it is then it might be corrected

Ill give you a hint. Its Max speed at 5km altitude is 672-700kmh TAS. I managed 667kmh TAS. Nice to know there is one russion plane that cant reach its max speed at altitude.

Comrades! We all know Forgotten Battles is not perfect! But it is very very good! and it is very fun! and...

I exclusively fly all FB aircraft.