How to gamepad?

In the beta I just thought the controls are a bit clumsy, but then someone suggested a gamepad instead of mouse/keyboard. I got me an Xbox 360 controller and it is way easier to execute blocks left, right, left in a fast pace and slack off in my chair. Only problem is, to shift the right stick, use a guardbreak and immediately change your guard again (e.g. Nobushi's Hidden stance with like anything).

So I tried, thumb for stick, pointer for ABXY and middlefinger for the attacks but that didn't feel right. I'm currently at thumb for everything, but attacks. Any suggestions how to "handle" it correctly? Or is it just a matter of practice?

Honestly, you need to get yourself an XBOX ONE ELITE CONTROLLER... This controller is GREAT for this game, and allows you to do multiple things simultaneously without moving your right thumb. here's a link:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/a...ess-controller
    Hope this helped.

Since I'm on a budget, I'm gonna go with "no"...

Either use claw and get carpal tunnel, buy a good gamepad, or go back to mouse/keyboard.

you could try third party software like this:

http://ds4windows.com/

i don't know if its working properly in for honor but you could try it.

*edit* sorry wasn't paying attention..you already use a xbox controller.... so nevermind. But there must be something for xbox too or not?

i m playing with ps4 joypad, using ds4 program.. it s another game right now.. more confortable.. the only problem is that you cannot change the BG key, and on default it s on sware key, and it s mean you thumb have to switch from analogic to sware.. i would have it on L1 key, to have a finger always on it in the case u have been BG
    but with a good muscle memery you can deal with it
    hope they implement the key bound for joypad

Do you not have trouble with your controller? My heavy attacks on my xbox one controller stop working sometimes and I cant heavy attack at all for a fight. Maybe xbox 360 controller fix it? ps3 controller sounds nice but on windows 10 looks annoying to set up

Originally Posted by Kon-Vara Go to original post
    In the beta I just thought the controls are a bit clumsy, but then someone suggested a gamepad instead of mouse/keyboard. I got me an Xbox 360 controller and it is way easier to execute blocks left, right, left in a fast pace and slack off in my chair. Only problem is, to shift the right stick, use a guardbreak and immediately change your guard again (e.g. Nobushi's Hidden stance with like anything).

So I tried, thumb for stick, pointer for ABXY and middlefinger for the attacks but that didn't feel right. I'm currently at thumb for everything, but attacks. Any suggestions how to "handle" it correctly? Or is it just a matter of practice?
    I think you just have to practice... it took me awhile to get used to multiple input chains but eventually I got it down. Its not a matter of trying to press all at once but chaining your fingers with speed between the multiple buttons. If you try to mash all at once the controller will wonk out Smooth is Fast, Fast is Smooth!